+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 31 of 31

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Sprint Putting an End to Unlimited Data?

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I believe this is due to sprint's contract ending with clear
...
  1. #21
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    77
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts

    I believe this is due to sprint's contract ending with clear

  2. #22
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,110
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 94 Times in 66 Posts

    I told you Sprint was going to do this. I told you!

  3. #23
    Green Apple Kinkme93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    65
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    I jus switched to sprint! I miss AT&T hahah fml

  4. #24
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Throughout all of 2011, the unlimited data plan has become a thing of the past. Allowing a customer to suck up as much bandwidth as they’d like and only pay one fee was really a draw for some users to join a network. Today, Sprint announced they have plans to end they data buffet and will discontinue unlimited data plans on all phones except those that will be discontinued. If you are using a tablet, netbook or other mobile hotspot, the usage of the 4G network will be capped just like that of the 3G services. Earlier this year, Verizon Wireless, AT&T and T-Mobile USA have capped their data plans for the same reasons.

  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    usa
    Posts
    47
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    The reason why i want to do this is because the sprint store doesnt have any in stock and i can reserve on apple.com and i want to trade in my old phone to put it towards my iphone 4s purchas?

  6. #26
    Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    The Future
    Posts
    2,139
    Thanks
    108
    Thanked 239 Times in 197 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by monish1 View Post
    Throughout all of 2011, the unlimited data plan has become a thing of the past. Allowing a customer to suck up as much bandwidth as they’d like and only pay one fee was really a draw for some users to join a network. Today, Sprint announced they have plans to end they data buffet and will discontinue unlimited data plans on all phones except those that will be discontinued. If you are using a tablet, netbook or other mobile hotspot, the usage of the 4G network will be capped just like that of the 3G services. Earlier this year, Verizon Wireless, AT&T and T-Mobile USA have capped their data plans for the same reasons.
    I don't know about u but I love my unlimited data plan the only issue for me is I'm in a family unlimited plan that We were grandfathered in

  7. #27
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    316
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 32 Times in 21 Posts

    Just so everyone is aware if they are not grandfathering you in to an unlimited plan you have 30-60 days (depending on where you live) to get out after the change, and not have to pay an early termination fee and don't let them tell you otherwise.

  8. #28
    Livin the i raduga's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,638
    Thanks
    228
    Thanked 94 Times in 85 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by cmwade77 View Post
    Just so everyone is aware if they are not grandfathering you in to an unlimited plan you have 30-60 days (depending on where you live) to get out after the change, and not have to pay an early termination fee and don't let them tell you otherwise.
    Since they are the ones terminating the 'unlimited plan' early,
    shouldn't Sprint be paying early termination fees to affected customers?

  9. #29
    Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    The Future
    Posts
    2,139
    Thanks
    108
    Thanked 239 Times in 197 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by raduga View Post
    Since they are the ones terminating the 'unlimited plan' early,
    shouldn't Sprint be paying early termination fees to affected customers?
    Or at least take more then $70 a new iPhone to upgrade, at least that's what I was told

  10. #30
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    6,613
    Thanks
    194
    Thanked 958 Times in 701 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by BenderRodriguez View Post
    Or at least take more then $70 a new iPhone to upgrade, at least that's what I was told
    huh?

  11. #31
    Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    The Future
    Posts
    2,139
    Thanks
    108
    Thanked 239 Times in 197 Posts

    Lol Anthony, if your available for an upgrade they will only pay $70 of the new phone, the upgrade is only woth at max $70 or at least that's what I'm being told

    Well they just showed there unlimited data plan on TV today, and there playing it right now lol with the Samsung Galaxy

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts