Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Replace iOS 5 Camera Button on Lock Screen with AnyLockApp

Default Replace iOS 5 Camera Button on Lock Screen with AnyLockApp

Launch another application instead of the camera from the lock screen.

Out of over 200 features that iOS 5 added to the iDevice experience, one of the minor yet significant features was the advent of the camera button on the lock screen. If you double tap from the lock screen, a camera button shows up and is available to use. Tapping on the camera button brings you right to the camera for quick and easy shooting. For those of us who may use the camera frequently, having this type of accessibility is a plus. Otherwise, most people would agree that the button is seemingly useless to them. A recently released tweak from Cydia called AnyLockApp, by Nick Frey (@TheNickF) allows you to utilize that button space for more than just the camera.

AnyLock App allows you to change the button on your lock screen to open any application you want from your iDevice. Since there's only one button to choose from, you can only choose one alternative application to use that button. Setting this application is simple and can be done through the Settings tab for AnyLockApp. What's cool is that you can set user/stock applications as well as jailbreak applications such as Activator, Cydia, or theoretically any jailbreak application that has a SpringBoard button.

Other than just setting an application, you even have an option to hide the application icon. This means that if you set Tweetbot (as an example) to that shortcut, you can still show the camera icon instead of the Tweetbot icon. Another words, trick your friends! Even if you have a passcode set, you're able to use AnyLockApp just fine, except you'll need to type in your password before using the shortcut.

From a pros and cons standpoint, I didn't find any particular flaws or areas where there could be improvement. With only one button on the lock screen, this tweak did a good job of making it useful for others who may not use the camera. Having the ability to select which application you want is great, and if someone finds this useful, I think its a viable option.

AnyLockApp is free in Cydia so I recommend you give it a go! It's compatible on iPhone and iPod touch devices running 5.0+. Not to mention, it's free!

Name: AnyLockApp
    Author: Nick Frey
    Version: 1.0
    Price: Free

Note: Two things:
    • AnyLockApp runs really well with another cool tweak called CameraLocker. What CameraLocker does is sets the lock screen to always so the camera button without having to double tap. Combine these two tweaks together and you can always have your shortcut shown on the lock screen without double tapping
    • AnyLockApp installs a dependency called "AppList." If you wish to remove AnyLockApp at a later point, I'd recommend uninstalling both. The easiest way to go about it is to try to uninstall AppList first. By doing that, it will automatically queue AnyAppLock in the queue field so you don't have to go searching for it. And than from there, uninstall

So, how does this tweak score on your usefulness meter? Worthless, somewhat worth it, or totally worth it? Post your thoughts and comments below!

Source(s): Nick Frey
    Last edited by Joshua Tucker; 10-23-2011 at 10:12 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

This is cool but I am not sure how useful it would be (for me). I can't think of anything (other than camera) that I couldn't wait that extra second to load. Maybe phone?

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    This is cool but I am not sure how useful it would be (for me). I can't think of anything (other than camera) that I couldn't wait that extra second to load. Maybe phone?
    The phone is a viable option, yeah. It's just nice that you can set that button to any application. I don't use my camera often I'm sure many people don't either. Why not use "useless space" in this case with something that pertains to the user.

iPhone? More like MyPhone NArush's Avatar
    Thanks

Yea that's what I'm using.. phone app. Very useful tweak

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Maybe a button to turn on a flashlight?

Quote Originally Posted by Boots13 View Post
    There's a tweak called FlashLock by Filippo Bigarella that does that.

While reading this, I was thinking how nice it would be to set the camera button to always be on. Apparently this is not native... why? So CameraLocker is exactly what I want!Like sziklassy said - camera is the only thing other than phone that I would immediately need to usetim

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Tucker View Post
    There's a tweak called FlashLock by Filippo Bigarella that does that.
    Just so anyone that is wondering Flashlock and Cameralocker cannot be used at the same time. That would be nice for I like both of those.

I would probably put some kind of social media related app on that spot. something that I use most often, maybe facebook,twitter, txting app. but yeah that is nice that we have the ability to just put any app there.

iPhone? More like MyPhone davesnothere11's Avatar
    Thanks

Nice tweaks, especially camera locker. I just wish you could have two buttons that way you could keep the camera and pick for the other.

it doesnt come up when i double tap screen!tried all over, nothing, and yes i am on ios 5

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by soooyq View Post
    it doesnt come up when i double tap screen!tried all over, nothing, and yes i am on ios 5
    Double click the home button.

I know you guys won't believe me but I actually thought of that idea (tweak) when it first got introduced on Cydia, before iOS 5 was made public. Should've submitted this tweak sooner -____-
    Sent from my iPhone 4.

Thanks

Wish my iphone 3g could get ios5

Quote Originally Posted by Boots13 View Post
    I have an app I download from ********** that give me an awesome flashlight by double tapping the power button.

Mod edit....
    Last edited by Broomhead; 10-23-2011 at 05:24 PM.
    Black iPhone 4 32G jail-broken iOS 5.1 R.P

Quote Originally Posted by sirbebe View Post
    I have an app I download from ********** that give me an awesome flashlight by double tapping the power button.

Mod edit....
    It's called springflash. Set up activation method through activator

And this tweak I thought was not of lots of use to me, i prefer unlocking my phone which takes less than one sec and go from there.
    Last edited by Tucnepo; 10-23-2011 at 07:03 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bobotastic View Post
    Wish my iphone 3g could get ios5
    I feel for you. It's not fun being outdated...

Quote Originally Posted by Tucnepo View Post
    It's called springflash. Set up activation method through activator

And this tweak I thought was not of lots of use to me, i prefer unlocking my phone which takes less than one sec and go from there.
    Then I would imagine that you have never been in a dark situation, in need of a quick light to shine the way.Sometimes Having to type in the password and then having to get to the app and then spring it just takes to long but that's my opinion...
    Black iPhone 4 32G jail-broken iOS 5.1 R.P

Banned
    Thanks
    With iOS5 on your iPhone4, you will get an camera icon on your locked screen. You can access your camera app with this icon. However, if you don't find the icon on your lock screen, you can use the up volume button to snap photo from your handset with locked screen..

More importantly, that camera button bypasses the lock. If you press the home button from within the camera, it goes to your app home like you had entered your code.
    Ziger.