+ Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Article: Steve Jobs' Vow To "Destroy Android"

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I really don't get the whole need to hate the competition thing.
    I have Apple and Android devices, and appreciate the strengths of both.

My iPhone-4 now languishes as in-car internet radio, while my Sony X12 is my weapon of choice for all other requirements.
    Why ?
    Because Android allows me to do everything I need Ö without constraint.
    And because it has a better sceen than the i-4 (in addition to certain other hardware advantages Ö. battery anyone ?).

While Android may not be the polished product that iOS is, when well implemented (as it is in the X12 Arc), itís more than sufficient to requirements.

iOSís limitations will ultimately prove its own undoing as Android advances.
    Yes, there are good reasons for Ios limitations Ė but Apple needs to actively strive to achieve a better balance between stability and freedom if itís not to be left in Androidís wake.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Lol, I was waiting for a larger screen Iphone 5, and whan it did not come, I bought an Galaxy s2 and gave my iphone 4 to my daught to play with. I have no regrets, Galaxy s2 is amazing. It does stuff right out of the box that Iphone 4s cant do, even if you JB it. I am not hacking on Iphone, very well made phones, but to say it is the best, I guess it depends on who you ask. If Iphone 4s would of had a bigger screen, I would still be a iphone fan boy. But after getting use to android and the freedom it offers, can,t see me going back to Apple. But I am not saying never. My vision has went down hill in the last few years and the larger screen rocks. But the are many thing I miss from the iphone, just not enough to come back, anyways, not right now.

+ Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345