+ Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Article: Steve Jobs' Vow To "Destroy Android"

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
That's exactly what Apple does best, "think different" they say. That's why they are so successful, they just do the opposite of their competitors like not showcasing hardware specs and
    Green Apple
    Thanks

That's exactly what Apple does best, "think different" they say. That's why they are so successful, they just do the opposite of their competitors like not showcasing hardware specs and all the things this article says

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

He completely failed at destroying Android. And what an arrogant thing to say to begin with. Assuming this is factual information he just lost a whole lot of my respect...

iPhone? More like MyPhone SwatPac's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by feidhlim1986 View Post
    Wishing there to be no competitor to iOS is very silly and shortsighted.

Fanboyisms aside, in absolutely every single market on earth, you want competition and not a monopoly.
    Very true. But I don't see Android as "Competition" at all. Copying every idea from somebody else is not competitive. Fandroids and Apple fan boys can fight about it all they want, but in the end Android is just a cheap rip-off of ios.
    When Is The Apple iCar Coming Out? I Want One!

Thanks

most of you are complete morons for thinking your tabloidal thought process on only having a working knowledge of how and what goes on in the industry by what/how the new depicts these speculations as. im sure that steve jobs was infuriorated for them "copying" a lot of ideas that yes apple came up with first. He is the CEO of the company i think that if anyone KNEW if something was copied it would be him. not some kids who read MMI, Google News or people who ja*$off to Android creme sandwiches. This is an APPLE forum, so if you wanna talk mindless smack about apple, leave the forum.
    <put something witty here?>

Thanks

He said the same thing about Microsoft, look how that turned out

iPhone? More like MyPhone Kil0111's Avatar
    Thanks

IMHO I can truly believe that the iPhone 5 prototype that we all expected, wasn't put into production because of the whole samsung dispute. With that said the 4s was just something they had planned to fall back on, almost like a reserve chute. Furthermore I came to understand that if that model type was released android would no longer be an imminent threat to the $40 billion company. We can only hope that next year apple will bring their A game, on time.

Removed for being inappropriate. This is your sixth and final warning -

Green Apple
    Thanks

Steve Jobs is a douche.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

[QUOTE=saadlive;6275217]Steve Jobs.[/QUOTE

Steve Jobs is really a douche.

My iPhone is a Part of Me GrandMstrBud's Avatar
    Thanks

There will always be the apple fan boys that stick up for them and it's a free country and everyone has their right to their opinion. I really don't see what the big deal is because iOS is not Android and vice versa. Wasn't windows mobile out before iOS? Do you see Microsoft crying about Apple or Google stealing it? Apple is just upset that Android is right up there with iOS and will try and do anything to eliminate the competition, hence all the BS lawsuits that Apple starts. Maybe Apple should spend less time on coming up with lawsuits and more time on bettering their product. I mean wouldn't that be better for the consumer in the long run? How much money do you think is wasted on these ridiculous lawsuits anyway. I do like the iPhone and I also like the Android and both are very good and I can't say one is better than the other right now. On the tablet side Apple has the edge for now but this is just my opinion though.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mallenass View Post
    i feel like i need an iphone 4S jailbreak. tethered, untethered. its all the same to me. just give me iphone 4S jailbreak.

and yes. i hope tim cook and the cupertino team honours Steve´s vision and legacy and continue with apples projects in the direction he meant it to. that they continue to sue the people who do not innovate only imitate, such as google, samnsung, ect.
    imitation, (or refinements thereof), are how creativity is advanced. do you think walt Disney invented Mickey mouse? according to steve jobs, the answer would be, no. he imitated someone who came before him. but what would happen to you today if you imitated Mickey mouse, only slightly differently, and made money off of it? you would of course get your pants sued off. there were touchscreen smartphones well before the iphone. what the iphone did was to be first to market with a touchscreen UI that worked well with a finger (instead of a stylus), as the pointing device. no court in a free and fair society, whose first allegiance is to the well being of it's citizenry, should ever even consider granting a patent that blocks other designers from building other finger-friendly UI's. This is no different than Daimler having the patent on the whole concept of a car, or the Wright brothers having the patent on the whole concept of the airplane. There would be too much damage to the public good if a corrupt, kangaroo court were assign, then uphold, such ridiculous patents. and the case with the iphone is no different.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to pcrussell50 For This Useful Post:

sziklassy (10-21-2011)

Thanks

If google had the software in 2003 and it took them FIVE YEARS to put it on a phone...holy chit they're brilliant! YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME! and people say apple fanboys are bad. Wish I had that type of ignorance. Life would be great!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Hillefied's Avatar
    Thanks

iPhone Patent was filed Jan 2007 where as similar Android software UI designs are not registered patents. While we could argue whether they are infringing, the point is Android encroached the boundary of exactitude and that's why Apple is in this battle.

Sorry for the huge URL mishap. Still adjusting from PHP to BBCode. lol
    Last edited by Hillefied; 10-21-2011 at 05:46 PM. Reason: Mistype

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

For my opinion, let`s say it this way.Personally i love the apple product and the iOS. For me there is no way to ever get an android phone!BUT...What i have seen in the past is that the apple users leave the rest in peace. They love i-Devices and have much fun with it! But i have not very often seen an i-Device user speaking bad about android or the devices... They don`t like it, but they don`t care!The other side, the android users are full of hate for the apple products. At work i have a few android users, and when ever i take out my iPhone they begin to talk **** about it! Things like iOS is ****, the iPhone looks like **** and blablaba...I really don`t understand what`s their f...ing problem!!!I have never lost any bad word about their crappy korean pieces of Samsung-********! But they always do...i think the android users just can`t stand that the iOS and the iPhone itself is just... BETTER!P.S.: Sorry for my bad english, i`m not a native speaker...

Green Apple
    Thanks

Haha I tipped them on this. Glad to see the bastards didn't give me a thanks or credit

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Tucker View Post
    It's the way of the game. If you patent, copyright, trademark, or implement anything first, no matter what the circumstances, you have the intellectual property rights. Plain and simple. Apple did that early on and have every right to claim that there are components of Android that mimic the iPhone OS.
    Obviously it's nowhere near this cut and dry, otherwise Android would have been shut down long ago.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GrandMstrBud View Post
    There will always be the apple fan boys that stick up for them and it's a free country and everyone has their right to their opinion. I really don't see what the big deal is because iOS is not Android and vice versa. Wasn't windows mobile out before iOS? Do you see Microsoft crying about Apple or Google stealing it? Apple is just upset that Android is right up there with iOS and will try and do anything to eliminate the competition, hence all the BS lawsuits that Apple starts. Maybe Apple should spend less time on coming up with lawsuits and more time on bettering their product. I mean wouldn't that be better for the consumer in the long run? How much money do you think is wasted on these ridiculous lawsuits anyway. I do like the iPhone and I also like the Android and both are very good and I can't say one is better than the other right now. On the tablet side Apple has the edge for now but this is just my opinion though.
    Is that why before the release of the iPhone 4S the iPhone 4 was the most popular phone in the WORLD and the 3GS was the second most popular??????

iPhone? More like MyPhone xxhorseriderxxx's Avatar
    Thanks

If you guys would stop being so close minded you'd see how great android is. I'll never buy another apple product again because of the simple fact that android does everything iOS can do, has a fantastic dev community, and (with the exception of motorolla and some HTC phones) almost any worthwhile android phone can be "Jailbroken" for life no matter what; there's no need for exploits, waiting for untethered, exe. IOS is great, but in the bigger picture it is most definitely not superior. I highly suggest everyone here skip the iPhone 4S and go with a galaxy s2 or something that they like while apple remains stagnated, I swear you won't regret the larger screen and functionality.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Maybe Apple should start creating new killer features instead of whining about what Android has "Stolen" from them. Most of the new 'features' found in newer versions of iOS and devices are tweaks and apps that were created by jailbreak devs back in 2008. Apple and its fanboys think they created the first "AppStore", when Installer was created before OS 2.0 was even previewed. Same with WiFi sync, HS Wallpapers, video camera, folders, multitasking...etc. You don't see google complaining to Apple about what they've stolen from them. Besides, I see Android constantly getting farther away from iOS and trying to be different. Apple just wants a monopoly

iPhone? More like MyPhone Xenthis's Avatar
    Thanks

Mallenass - couldn't tell if that was sarcasm or what...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xxhorseriderxxx View Post
    If you guys would stop being so close minded you'd see how great android is. I'll never buy another apple product again because of the simple fact that android does everything iOS can do, has a fantastic dev community, and (with the exception of motorolla and some HTC phones) almost any worthwhile android phone can be "Jailbroken" for life no matter what; there's no need for exploits, waiting for untethered, exe. IOS is great, but in the bigger picture it is most definitely not superior. I highly suggest everyone here skip the iPhone 4S and go with a galaxy s2 or something that they like while apple remains stagnated, I swear you won't regret the larger screen and functionality.
    Yeah none of this is actually true.