+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4S Preorders Now Underway in 22 Additional Countries

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
One week after the iPhone 4S debuted to record sales in the United States and in limited availability around the globe (Canada, Australia, the U.K., France, Germany, Japan), today a
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,471 Times in 558 Posts

Default iPhone 4S Preorders Now Underway in 22 Additional Countries

One week after the iPhone 4S debuted to record sales in the United States and in limited availability around the globe (Canada, Australia, the U.K., France, Germany, Japan), today a new group of countries will get their first shot at preordering the long-awaited new Apple smartphone.

Beginning this morning, preorders for the iPhone 4S commenced in 22 new countries. By the close of October, a grand total of 29 countries will call the iPhone 4S home. The latest lands to get the device include Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Mexico, Netherlands, Norway, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland.

Once again highlighting the annual phenomenon of demand outpacing supply, the estimated shipping time on orders placed in these new countries range from one to two weeks. In the U.S., the iPhone 4S is already off to the best start of any new iPhone. During the device's first three days of availability, four million units were sold.

"I'm confident that we will set an all-time record for iPhones this quarter," Apple Chief Executive Tim Cook predicted earlier this week during his company's latest quarterly earnings call. Consequently, Apple believes it will rake in approximately $37 billion in revenue during the holiday shopping season alone.

Source: Apple

Thanks

I wish South Africa was part of this group :S

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Compare this to the fail that is the Galaxy S II. They took almost 2 months to sell 5 million units. Apple sold 4 million in a week!! Also Samsung is NOTORIOUS for quoting units SHIPPED (to retailers / sold-in)... not units SOLD (to end users / sell-out). I bet Apple will top 10 million units in this round of pre-orders.

Samsung Galaxy S II sales top 10 million
    Last edited by Poseidon79; 10-21-2011 at 11:43 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Here in India we might have to wait for 6 months.

Thanks

Can't the countries that aren't getting the iPhone order unlocked iphone 4S' from a different country? Canada has been selling unlocked versions already!

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 301stSpartan View Post
    Here in India we might have to wait for 6 months.
    Heck I'll sell u mine for $950

My iPhone is a Part of Me PoEtikly's Avatar
    Thanks

WOW! the 4s is completely overrated! I received a FREE 4s (best friend is a RM for Apple) and I got one of the lines on my account linked to the 4s, while I left my i4 linked to the other line. I turned off the 4s two days after I got it. There is nothing that great about it besides the 64 GB. Thank god it was free because if I paid for it I'd be incredibly pi$$ed. I'll keep the upgrade I have for the i5 next year. Apple has sold all these 4s by claiming Siri is a new technology but I had it on my i4 for close to a year, then they made it so it was only possible on 4s. When I open the Siri app on i4, it just says that it's now "home on the 4s", so it can no longer help me. Siri hasn't changed that much that I'd pay $399 or even $199 to have it. The text voice recognition sucks, I've used it and it always gets the words wrong.

APPLE, in my opinion, screwed the pooch on this release. BUT people who have to have the new iPhone (just cuz they added an 's') obviously has given Apple plenty of $ to be able to say they have the new phone.

Have fun regretting paying for and or wasting an upgrade on the 4s (if u already have i4)....

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Mmmm.. Has an iPhone 4 and 4s, is looking forward to the iPhone 5 and jeers others as if they are apple fanboys and he isn't?

Some people should not be allowed to reproduce

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gaphugs View Post
    Mmmm.. Has an iPhone 4 and 4s, is looking forward to the iPhone 5 and jeers others as if they are apple fanboys and he isn't?

Some people should not be allowed to reproduce
    Never said I don't like the iPhones, I said IN MY OPINION the 4s is a waste!!!! Comprehension and commonsense are found in so few these days.
    Last edited by thetoothfairy; 10-21-2011 at 06:54 PM. Reason: Insulting other members

Thanks
    Thanked 3,838 Times in 876 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoEtikly View Post
    WOW! the 4s is completely overrated! I received a FREE 4s (best friend is a RM for Apple) and I got one of the lines on my account linked to the 4s, while I left my i4 linked to the other line. I turned off the 4s two days after I got it. There is nothing that great about it besides the 64 GB. Thank god it was free because if I paid for it I'd be incredibly pi$$ed. I'll keep the upgrade I have for the i5 next year. Apple has sold all these 4s by claiming Siri is a new technology but I had it on my i4 for close to a year, then they made it so it was only possible on 4s. When I open the Siri app on i4, it just says that it's now "home on the 4s", so it can no longer help me. Siri hasn't changed that much that I'd pay $399 or even $199 to have it. The text voice recognition sucks, I've used it and it always gets the words wrong.

APPLE, in my opinion, screwed the pooch on this release. BUT people who have to have the new iPhone (just cuz they added an 's') obviously has given Apple plenty of $ to be able to say they have the new phone.

Have fun regretting paying for and or wasting an upgrade on the 4s (if u already have i4)....
    Really? Lol. So you got a 4s when you already got a 4, but yet the 4s is so much like crap that you turned it of to go back to your 4? So you mean to tell me, that the 4s underperformed your 4? Lol

You just seem like another person whining Because "what's the difference" of apple would have made the exact same phone with a different look You'd be all over it when intact it wouldn't be any different just looks. Fact is that it handles faster data speeds, the phone itself is 2x as fast and the camera out performs most point and shoot cameras on the market.

So IMHO get over it. So the phone has the same look BFD lol

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Just got my 4s,,,,, its awesome.... cant wait for iPad 3 to come out.......

Thanks

Never said I don't like the iPhones, I said IN MY OPINION the 4s is a waste!!!! Comprehension and commonsense are found in so few these days.
    WOW! modmyi admin greatly reduced what I said here. I even got an infraction for telling this person off just like I really want to do to the..........................no I won't......................child wannabe subaru driver that wrote the above reply.

Quote Originally Posted by subywrex View Post
    Really? Lol. So you got a 4s when you already got a 4, but yet the 4s is so much like crap that you turned it of to go back to your 4? So you mean to tell me, that the 4s underperformed your 4? Lol

You just seem like another person whining Because "what's the difference" of apple would have made the exact same phone with a different look You'd be all over it when intact it wouldn't be any different just looks. Fact is that it handles faster data speeds, the phone itself is 2x as fast and the camera out performs most point and shoot cameras on the market.

So IMHO get over it. So the phone has the same look BFD lol
    I'm glad you have an HONEST opinion, but I don't care about your opinion. What I said is absolutely TRUE! And since you couldn't comprehend me the first time I wrote it I'll write it again in caps! I WENT BACK TO THE 4!!!!!!!! Think you comprehended it that time? Maybe, huh? AND APPLE TRIED SELLING SOMETHING AS NEW THAT IS OVER A YEAR OLD! Comprehend? I'm sorry "comprehend" may be to large a word for you to "get" so let me rephrase. Yo! U get it foo?

PS. I didn't turn the line off, just the phone! It's not worth using, YET!
    Last edited by PoEtikly; 10-22-2011 at 11:14 PM.

Thanks

WOW! modmyi admin greatly reduced what I said here. I even got an infraction for telling this person off just like I really want to do to the..........................no I won't......................child wannabe subaru driver that wrote the above reply.

I'm glad you have an HONEST opinion, but I don't care about your opinion. What I said is absolutely TRUE! And since you couldn't comprehend me the first time I wrote it I'll write it again in caps! I WENT BACK TO THE 4!!!!!!!! Think you comprehended it that time? Maybe, huh? AND APPLE TRIED SELLING SOMETHING AS NEW THAT IS OVER A YEAR OLD! Comprehend? I'm sorry "comprehend" may be to large a word for you to "get" so let me rephrase. Yo! U get it foo?

PS. I didn't turn the line off, just the phone! It's not worth using, YET!
    Lol troll. I've been around mmi a while and am actually a reputable theme creator in this community.

And yes I actually do own a Subaru. I was simply stating that the 4s is the fastest phone out on the market, and if it looked different you'd be all over it.

What really makes your post just stupid is the fact that you stopped using the 4s and went back to your 4. Lol I guess if you like using a slower device go right ahead

Thanks

Lol troll. I've been around mmi a while and am actually a reputable theme creator in this community.

And yes I actually do own a Subaru. I was simply stating that the 4s is the fastest phone out on the market, and if it looked different you'd be all over it.

What really makes your post just stupid is the fact that you stopped using the 4s and went back to your 4. Lol I guess if you like using a slower device go right ahead
    Troll? Lmfao! I'm NOT the one going around and being a smartxxx to other peoples opinions TO BEGIN WITH, so who's the troll? EXACTLY! I simply commented on my opinion, NOT directly acting like punk and a tough guy over the internet (because I can hold my own in REAL life. People like you have to do that to fulfill the vast emptiness you possess from being bullied your entire life. And you're obviously NOT that reputable, because I and a lot of others on MMI haven't heard of a single development you've released! On top of that you're incredibly DENSE! What would make me go back to the i4 AT THIS MOMENT? Think really hard about that Mr. Reputable Creator! If you were so reputable you'd have been able to figure that one out, hot shot. Especially before you put down such an ignorant comment. And for my final comment.....it's hilarious that you have to make a point to let me know that you drive a SUBARU!! Lmfao! You're a real big spender, huh? That also proves my earlier point of you having to fulfill something you lack. Note: Fast and The Furious is ONLY a movie with cars that easily have $100,000 sunk into them, so putting a fart cannon on the back, LED's on the washer nozzles, and Subaru sticker in back window doesn't make it fast.....

Thanks

Troll? Lmfao! I'm NOT the one going around and being a smartxxx to other peoples opinions TO BEGIN WITH, so who's the troll? EXACTLY! I simply commented on my opinion, NOT directly acting like punk and a tough guy over the internet (because I can hold my own in REAL life. People like you have to do that to fulfill the vast emptiness you possess from being bullied your entire life. And you're obviously NOT that reputable, because I and a lot of others on MMI haven't heard of a single development you've released! On top of that you're incredibly DENSE! What would make me go back to the i4 AT THIS MOMENT? Think really hard about that Mr. Reputable Creator! If you were so reputable you'd have been able to figure that one out, hot shot. Especially before you put down such an ignorant comment. And for my final comment.....it's hilarious that you have to make a point to let me know that you drive a SUBARU!! Lmfao! You're a real big spender, huh? That also proves my earlier point of you having to fulfill something you lack. Note: Fast and The Furious is ONLY a movie with cars that easily have $100,000 sunk into them, so putting a fart cannon on the back, LED's on the washer nozzles, and Subaru sticker in back window doesn't make it fast.....
    Lmao again your being a troll. Making comments you know nothing about. You first made a point to call me out on be a wanna be Subaru owner. So I was setting that straight.

I in no way bashed you I just gave my honest opinion about how I felt about your post.

And yes I have created very popular themes such as iCatalyst, E is for Ezra (the charity theme made for the owner of MMI) UINique (one of the top sellers on cydia per the owner of cydia) iNovation and newest iXLR8.

So please quit trolling about stuff you don't know.

Only point I was making is you said there was "nothing better about the 4s other than 64gig".

4s has twice as fast processing power, way better graphic capabilities, a better radio capable of data speeds 2x faster, and a better camera What isn't better about The 4s? Oh yeah they didn't make the design different.

Fact is if they redid the design of the phone you'd be all over it and the guts would be exactly the same.

Your the one that decided to bring in comments of my personal life, and speculating on things you have no clue about. So yes you are a troll

Stay in topic
    Last edited by subywrex; 10-23-2011 at 02:42 PM.

Thanks

Lmao again your being a troll. Making comments you know nothing about. You first made a point to call me out on be a wanna be Subaru owner. So I was setting that straight.

I in no way bashed you I just gave my honest opinion about how I felt about your post.

And yes I have created very popular themes such as iCatalyst, E is for Ezra (the charity theme made for the owner of MMI) UINique (one of the top sellers on cydia per the owner of cydia) iNovation and newest iXLR8.

So please quit trolling about stuff you don't know.

Only point I was making is you said there was "nothing better about the 4s other than 64gig".

4s has twice as fast processing power, way better graphic capabilities, a better radio capable of data speeds 2x faster, and a better camera What isn't better about The 4s? Oh yeah they didn't make the design different.

Fact is if they redid the design of the phone you'd be all over it and the guts would be exactly the same.

Your the one that decided to bring in comments of my personal life, and speculating on things you have no clue about. So yes you are a troll

Stay in topic
    NO YOU'RE NOT RIGHT! Once it has a JB I will go back to the 4S!!! What I said was that Apple tried selling an item, specifically Siri, as it was something NEW! Are you really this dense or do you just like to appear that way.
    As for your "creations", I'd hardly call them that. I ONLY have to write one word! JUNK! I certainly wouldn't put my name on those developments, especially the themes. But there again that's my HONEST opinion, lol. So it is you that should stick to the topic! This had nothing to do with internals.

Oh and when you start making themes like VIP, Prestige HD, ReviKrs/DX, and Noki then I would say you can call yourself a "reputable" creator.
    Last edited by PoEtikly; 10-23-2011 at 03:38 PM.

Thanks

NO YOU'RE NOT RIGHT! Once it has a JB I will go back to the 4S!!! What I said was that Apple tried selling an item, specifically Siri, as it was something NEW! Are you really this dense or do you just like to appear that way.
    As for your "creations", I'd hardly call them that. I ONLY have to write one word! JUNK! I certainly wouldn't put my name on those developments, especially the themes. But there again that's my HONEST opinion, lol.
    Sure in glad ur opinion of a theme than has made over 10k toward cancer research is junk.

But hey I guess everyone is entitled to there opinion. Especially newbies like you.

Siri is hardly what is new and better about the 4s. Siri is bad ***, but how fast this phone is and the camera is what people love.

I don't care if you wouldn't put your name on my themes, for one obviously you have crap taste, as u can't even recognize a superior product of it hit you in a face.

Your replies are replies of a troll, cause all you have to say is things to try and piss me off, and have no actually intelligence behind them.

Thanks

Sure in glad ur opinion of a theme than has made over 10k toward cancer research is junk.

But hey I guess everyone is entitled to there opinion. Especially newbies like you.

Siri is hardly what is new and better about the 4s. Siri is bad ***, but how fast this phone is and the camera is what people love.

I don't care if you wouldn't put your name on my themes, for one obviously you have crap taste, as u can't even recognize a superior product of it hit you in a face.

Your replies are replies of a troll, cause all you have to say is things to try and piss me off, and have no actually intelligence behind them.
    Bravo on the cancer research, but that's the ONLY reason you're getting sales. And I surely know a "superior" product. As a matter of fact let me run to the bathroom, squat, and take a picture of the result and show you what is still superior to your "creations"!!!! And I certainly wouldn't speak of intelligence as YOU cannot comprehend what the initial post was about. You should probably download a dictionary app and lookup exactly what the definition of intelligence is.

HOTSHOT! Lmfao

Thanks

" There is nothing that great about it besides the 64 GB. "
    " I'll keep the upgrade I have for the i5 next year. "
    "Apple has sold all these 4s by claiming Siri is a new technology but I had it on my i4 for close to a year, then they made it so it was only possible on 4s."
    " Siri hasn't changed that much that I'd pay $399 or even $199 to have it."
    "The text voice recognition sucks, I've used it and it always gets the words wrong. "
    Let's see what your first post was.

1. So I guess the 2x fast processor, 7x better graphic rendering, better
    camera, betters battery life, and better radio design, is not at all better than the 4?

2. Here you explain how you will wait for i5 next year which no one can even say is real at this point

3. When I watched the keynote I must have missed the part where the only selling point was Siri. What they said its technology that has never been INTERGRADED into a phone before

4. I didn't realize that siri on your iPhone 4 could access all your stock applications, considering per apples policy on app store apps would prohibit the program from touching any root applications.

5. Judging by your post you probably don't even speak clear English so there for it didn't recognize you.

------

Also I was not the only designer on the Ezra project so now you have insulted 4 other HIGHLY reputable theme designers.

TROLL

Thanks
    Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,146 Posts

While we understand that it is human to get angry we would like to keep this site as an open place for discussion. Not a place for insults. We invite you to continue using the site -- just please be a bit more courteous in the future. Now back to topic....