+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Get iOS 4 Camera Zoom on iOS 5 With ZoomIsBack!

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
With the iOS 5 update, Apple made it so that you need to pinch to zoom in when taking a photo. Did you notice when you upgraded to iOS 5
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Get iOS 4 Camera Zoom on iOS 5 With ZoomIsBack!

With the iOS 5 update, Apple made it so that you need to pinch to zoom in when taking a photo.

Did you notice when you upgraded to iOS 5 that you were unable to zoom in when you tried taking a picture in your Camera app? The reason you couldn't was because you were used to tapping to bring up the zoom bar. Well, in iOS 5 you need to pinch to zoom, just like everything else. Many of us found, and continue to find just how annoying this is. But the good news is that you no longer have to just deal with it.

If you're rocking a jailbroken iDevice with a camera, you might be pleased to hear that Itay has released a jailbreak tweak into Cydia that will allow you to bring that that great tap and zoom feature that you know and love from iOS 4 back to iOS 5. How does it work? Just install it and you're ready to go. You will be able to open your camera app and double tap the screen to pull up the zoom bar.

ZoomIsBack! is available on the BigBoss repo in Cydia for free. Get it while it's hot!

After consulting with Itay, I was able to ask a few questions about the tweak.

Anthony: Is there anything you would like to say to introduce yourself to Modmyi readers?
    Itay: My Real name is Itay. I am 17 years old and in my last year of High School. I have made many tweaks; some of them more useful than others. You can see them here. FakePercent, SpyPhoto, iRepo, and Custom Double Space are some of my creations. If someone has a tweak idea please submit it here and if it is worth it, I will try to make it

Anthony: Where did you get the idea from?
    Itay: Well, I usually take pictures with my devices using a single hand. With iOS 4 it was easy to zoom because with one hand you can tap the screen. When iOS 5 was released, I was really disappointed that I couldn't do that, so I decided to add the feature again.

Anthony: Do you think the casual user will appreciate this tweak and why?
    Itay: I think they will appreciate this tweak because it is useful for all people and easy to use.

Anthony: Are you planning to add any new features to the tweak in the future?
    Itay: I am planning to add other gestures to set the zoom level to maximum and minimum.

The tweak is a nice little addon for the Camera app. I found it this morning and installed it and now I can happily use my camera as I have used it in the past. I recommend it.

Will you be downloading ZoomIsBack!? Share below!

Sources: Itay
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 10-20-2011 at 02:24 PM.

Thanks

I love the pinch to zoom in iOS 5, I used to constantly try to pinch to zoom in while taking a picture, now it actually does something. Good idea though. If you install this does it replace pinch to zoom or does it work along side it?
    Last edited by emerica6708; 10-20-2011 at 02:18 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by emerica6708 View Post
    I love the pinch to zoom in iOS 5, I used to constantly try to pinch to zoom in while taking a picture, now it actually does something. Good idea though. If you install this does it replace pinch to zoom or does it work along side it?
    It works along side with it.

Thanks

Cool, thanks.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

You do not need this tweek. If you do a slight pitch to zoom it bring up the slider like Ios4. Then you can either use the slider or the pintch.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jmco173 View Post
    You do not need this tweek. If you do a slight pitch to zoom it bring up the slider like Ios4. Then you can either use the slider or the pintch.
    If you're holding your phone with one hand, you only have your thumb available. Some people even have huge fingers and find pinching difficult. So some people may need this tweak.

iPhone? More like MyPhone iphonogasm's Avatar
    Thanks

ios5 is **** i h8 it seriously whats going on with apple

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iphonogasm View Post
    ios5 is **** i h8 it seriously whats going on with apple
    What's wrong with it? It does everything iOS 4 does, but it does more.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default ZOOM.... Really....
    Who needs zoom on a camera with when it is not optical zoom?

I don't see the point, unless you like pixelation or compression artifacts......