+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T Activated 1 Million iPhone 4Ss Already

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Apple sold 4 million iPhone 4S in the device’s first weekend of availability. Record breaking numbers by all accounts. Well AT&T broke its own record and has activated 1 million
    MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Thanks

Default AT&T Activated 1 Million iPhone 4Ss Already

Apple sold 4 million iPhone 4S in the device’s first weekend of availability. Record breaking numbers by all accounts. Well AT&T broke its own record and has activated 1 million 4Ss on its network alone since the devices launch.

The number of 4Ss activated seems that much more insane when taking into account last quarter AT&T activated a total of 2.7 million iPhones. Talk about unleashing shock waves of pent-up demand. Verizon and Sprint haven’t released official numbers on their iPhone activations over the past week, but Sprint has confirmed the 4S broke their launch sales records. It will be interesting to see how Verizon’s numbers compare to AT&T and Sprint as they’ve been surprisingly quiet.

Total iPhone activations accounted for 56 percent of smartphone activations on AT&T’s network last quarter as well, despite the plethora of Android devices now available on the network. The iPhone and Android devices make up almost all of the smartphones activated on AT&Ts network. So much for Windows Mobile.

AT&T added 2.1 million subscribers last quarter as well putting the total number of subscribers on their network over 100 million. Now only if they could roll out a real 4G LTE network and provide better coverage.

Source: AT&T, 9to5Mac
    Last edited by blkcadi; 10-20-2011 at 11:04 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip Swanson View Post

Apple sold 4 million iPhone 4Ss in the device’s first weekend of availability. Record breaking numbers by all accounts. Well AT&T broke its own record and has activated 1 million 4Ss on its network alone since the devices launch.

The number of 4Ss activated seems that much more insane when taking into account last quarter AT&T activated a total of 2.7 million iPhones. Talk about unleashing shock waves of pent-up demand. Verizon and Sprint haven’t released official numbers on their iPhone activations over the past week, but Sprint has confirmed the 4S broke their launch sales records. It will be interesting to see how Verizon’s numbers compare to AT&T and Sprint as they’ve been surprisingly quiet.

Total iPhone activations accounted for 56 percent of smartphone activations on AT&T’s network last quarter as well, despite the plethora of Android devices now available on the network. The iPhone and Android devices make up almost all of the smartphones activated on AT&Ts network. So much for Windows Mobile.

AT&T added 2.1 million subscribers last quarter as well putting the total number of subscribers on their network over 100 million. Now only if they could roll out a real 4G LTE network and provide better coverage.

Source: AT&T, 9to5Mac
    That's not a surprise for Sprint. I saw that coming when they advertised unlimited data with iPhone 4s. Anything to boost Sprint's sales but of course I don't think this will help them in the long run. They're in debt to Apple now.

iPhone? More like MyPhone therandy's Avatar
    Thanks

It's iPhone 4S' - NOT - iPhone 4Ss Come on Modmyi writers!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Hillefied's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by therandy View Post
    It's iPhone 4S' - NOT - iPhone 4Ss Come on Modmyi writers!
    Really? Because I don't see any grammatical error, there. What I see is the pluralization of "iPhone 4S" as a name by adding another lowercase "s" at the end. You wouldn't add an apostrophe since there isn't any "ownership" with the name "iPhone 4S." It is only pluralized.

If you were just joking around, TheRandy, then I apologize, but if you weren't, leave these ModMy folk alone. They are just the "Bringers of Information" and it doesn't matter how we get it just so long as we do.
    Last edited by Hillefied; 10-20-2011 at 11:21 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Imagine how many MORE new subscribers they're gonna get when Sprint owners eventually get fed up with snail-paced data speeds.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RICO_ View Post
    Imagine how many MORE new subscribers they're gonna get when Sprint owners eventually get fed up with snail-paced data speeds.
    The slow data speeds have only occurred in approximately 10% of total iPhones (including iP4) sold in the 4th quarter 2011. Most have been attributed to Sprint's unreliable coverage in specific locations. 10% is negligible and can be managed and dealt with, practically, on a case-by-case basis.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hillefied View Post
    The slow data speeds have only occurred in approximately 10% of total iPhones (including iP4) sold in the 4th quarter 2011. Most have been attributed to Sprint's unreliable coverage in specific locations. 10% is negligible and can be managed and dealt with, practically, on a case-by-case basis.
    10% sounds like a pretty sizable chunk when you're talking about a million + customers. And how exactly do you deal with a network problem on a case-by-case basis?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Maybe the writer just wanted to emphasize that it is in it's plural form.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RICO_ View Post
    10% sounds like a pretty sizable chunk when you're talking about a million + customers. And how exactly do you deal with a network problem on a case-by-case basis?
    I look at it this way; 10% of a million+ is around 100,000 folks. Perhaps some have the issue but somehow was resolved on it's own (weirder things have happened). Maybe it was a hardware issue seeing as how the new antennae is unique in the cellular industry (phone replacement). Taking all that into account, I estimate that only 70% of that 10% (around 70,000) are genuinely having a recurring problem. 70,000 people who either work themselves over talking to Sprint, choose a different provider, or choose a different phone. What I am saying is that 70,000 out of a million+ is negligible. Sprint can recoup that amount in 1 month or so. Network issues are dealt with on a case-by-case basis not by customer, but by location. I should have been more clear. I have friends a family folk working as tower site technical engineers and they only takes calls when 2 - 7% of an area is reporting slow or disrupted service. Those are case-by-case

Thanks

If AT&T is so bad I wonder why people haven't jumped ship..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mutethoughts View Post
    If AT&T is so bad I wonder why people haven't jumped ship..
    AT&T isn't a bad carrier. They have reliable 3G service in most areas and LTE technology that has a promising future. The previous comments were directed at Sprint. Someone started the discussion with Sprint having unreliable data with the new iPhone 4S and iPhone 4. Sprint is simply not on par with AT&T's grasp on the utilization of data with the iPhone. AT&T has had the edge for 6 years.

Thanks

Forgive me. Does the. 4s. Use the same sim card on at&t model. ?

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jeffs64 View Post
    Forgive me. Does the. 4s. Use the same sim card on at&t model. ?
    It uses a micro sim, the same sim the iPhone 4 and iPad 2 use. The sim trays in the Sprint and Verizon models are also the same.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings