Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone As a Keylogger Tool is Possible

iPhone? More like MyPhone ChSchuldiner's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by raduga View Post
    +1

Google: geohot
    About 3,690,000 results (0.07 seconds)

Google: geoh0t
    About 5,380 results (0.07 seconds)
    One comment for you: ...LMFAO

Anyways, great article. This is a really cool concept. I'm sure as accelerometers become more and more advanced that we might actually see technologies such as this.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I have "KeyLogger" installed on my iPhone 4. When ever my girl_friend ask to use my iPhone I toggle on the "KBLogger" from Mobile Substrate Add-ons in SBSettings.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rakim View Post
    YIKES!!!!!! The capabilities of our iPhones and technology as a whole never ceases to amaze me!!! better watch random iDevices laying next to your macbook or porta-PC in university and or starbucks now!
    +1 I'll definitely be on the lookout now for random people around me that are too close for comfort... oh wait, I already do.

Quote Originally Posted by RandyTG View Post
    "However it goes to show that there's a huge security problem...The app just needs to somehow be installed on the iPhone." How can you say there is a HUGE security problem and then say the app needs to be SOMEHOW installed? To install an app someone would need to know your iTunes password first, and if they have that then you are already doomed.
    Well, actually, the concern here is that it would just require that the software is installed. You're forgetting about viruses, trojans, etc. The iPhone, while it may be very secure, is not immune to these. In fact all of the "untethered jailbreaks" that get released exploit a vulnerability in the iPhone to install the jailbreak software. So if that were used in a more malicious fashion, then installing an app on someone's iPhone would be the easiest part of the process.

However, once your iPhone locks or you switch apps, all the app activity would cease anyway. So it's a neat concept, but the rest of the process would be too difficult to be practical (at least on an iPhone).
    Last edited by Adrian232; 10-20-2011 at 04:31 PM.

This sounds a bit far fetched...I can't really imagine an iPhone's accelometer being that precise, especially one after daily use and a few drops. Even so, the vibrations range depending on the material of the surface, and also depending on the keyboard you may have the smash the keys to get any vibration on the desk.Not to mention, unless the iPhone is placed perfectly in a pre-set location, you would need to calibrate it if it's off angle. Plus, what if someone is tapping their fingers?I am skeptical that an iphone placed on my desk right now would pick up any of the vibrations from my keyboard. I mean, I gues I'm arguing the legitimacy of this, but my gues is that they're testing on some very controlled surface; something that REALLY vibrates, someone typing relatively hard, with nothing else on the table, the iPhone pre-callibrated and right smack up to the computer.Cool, but I"ll have to see it working to convince me this is really practicle

Quote Originally Posted by KraXik View Post
    How would it work if I were walking and typing?
    How would u walk while typing on a pc keyboard?

Quote Originally Posted by Raeki View Post
    This sounds a bit far fetched...I can't really imagine an iPhone's accelometer being that precise, especially one after daily use and a few drops. Even so, the vibrations range depending on the material of the surface, and also depending on the keyboard you may have the smash the keys to get any vibration on the desk.Not to mention, unless the iPhone is placed perfectly in a pre-set location, you would need to calibrate it if it's off angle. Plus, what if someone is tapping their fingers?I am skeptical that an iphone placed on my desk right now would pick up any of the vibrations from my keyboard. I mean, I gues I'm arguing the legitimacy of this, but my gues is that they're testing on some very controlled surface; something that REALLY vibrates, someone typing relatively hard, with nothing else on the table, the iPhone pre-callibrated and right smack up to the computer.Cool, but I"ll have to see it working to convince me this is really practicle
    This isn't a theory. They've done it numerous times in their studies. It's been proven and they've taken note of that before releasing the information to the public.

Thanks

Must test this for myself. Going to start finding the name of the program that'll do it. If anything, my iPod would do it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12