Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Samsung Designs Galaxy Nexus Specifically To Avoid Apple Patent Infringement

Thanks

Default Samsung Designs Galaxy Nexus Specifically To Avoid Apple Patent Infringement

You probably already know about the series of patent infringement lawsuits flying around between Apple and Samsung. According to Samsung’s mobile president, Shin Jong-kyun, Samsung is going to “avoid everything and take patents very seriously.”

He went on to say though Samsung took precaution to avoid any potential patent infringement with the Google Nexus, although he couldn’t be certain that the phone will be “100 percent free” of lawsuits from Apple. This will definitely help the company as they are in several legal battles with Apple, all of which are expected to continue for a “considerable” amount of time. After unveiling the Galaxy Nexus, Jong-kyun mentioned the following; “"I don't think there is much gain (from lawsuits against Apple). What we are losing is the pride in our brand."

Google and Samsung together held an event on Tuesday to show off their new smartphone, the Galaxy Nexus. It runs on Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwhich) and sports a 4.65-inch Super HD AMOLED display (with a resolution of 1,280 by 720 pixels), all powered by a 1.2GHz dual-core processor.

What do you guys think of the patent infringement issues and what Shin Jong-kyun had to say? Do you have any thoughts about Samsung’s Galaxy Nexus?

Source: Yonhap News Agency

I think those phones are ugly

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by duromega View Post
    and i think u crazy lol

Isn't it a sort of admission that they did in fringe on the patents. Now with the new phone they when out of there way to avoid infringing? Surely they should of done it on the other phones.

Plus the nexus has a shite camera.

Your ugly, so everything around you are ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by xclusiveiphone View Post
    You Failed, just like your dad's condom

Quote Originally Posted by PolishHacker View Post
    You Failed, just like your dad's condom
    That's so old. 2007 old

Thanks

Default Rervedly nods...
    I agree, actually. There's a sophistication to the iPhone; there always has been. It's unmatched by any immitations that have come along and I have yet to be moved by any Android phone.

PS, to those of you calling one another ugly because someone said that a PHONE was ugly, didn't get hugged enough as a child. M'just sayin.

The phone looks awesome. I have used IOS and Android devices and on the phone part of it I say it's a toss up because both are great. Apple still has an edge on the tablets though, for the time being that is.

I think ugly is the wrong word, boring is more like it. That's the only thing these OTHER company's need to do, is stop copying each other. Simple has a million forms, pick one!! I'm mean really take any non apple phone and compare them, they differ so little, it's boring. These company's are like a year away from giving us phones the size of tablets. No compay other then apple can design a phone/product outside of the corporate box??

My iPhone is a Part of Me Mr. Russian's Avatar
    Thanks

i think that the processor speed and screen size are great but i dont like the phone

Quote Originally Posted by xclusiveiphone View Post
    hahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahaha  LMAO!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Russian View Post
    i think that the processor speed and screen size are great but i dont like the phone
    That's what I meant when I said "those phones" I meant samsung phones, SAMSUNG it's copying the iPhone since iPhone (2G) do you guys remember the SAMSUNG behold ? hahahahahaha iPhone wanna be 1st gen 
    Last edited by duromega; 10-19-2011 at 07:06 PM.

well that's explain why its so ugly haha - it looks like a toy phone to me...

hahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahaha  LMAO!

That's what I meant when I said "those phones" I meant samsung phones, SAMSUNG it's copying the iPhone since iPhone (2G) do you guys remember the SAMSUNG behold ? hahahahahaha iPhone wanna be 1st gen 
    i surprised they didnt get the vibrant banned it was a total iphone close but it just seems like all androd have had the same form factor lately giant candybar phone big screen buttons on the bottom maybe apple suing everyone will inspitre some i dunno innovationn

Quote Originally Posted by Fender View Post
    I agree, actually. There's a sophistication to the iPhone; there always has been. It's unmatched by any immitations that have come along and I have yet to be moved by any Android phone.

PS, to those of you calling one another ugly because someone said that a PHONE was ugly, didn't get hugged enough as a child. M'just sayin.
    disagree....yeah, the iPhone came out with a nice design form the get-go but the NEWER offerings from HTC and samsung are just as "sophisticated" (not sure how that describes ANY phone) as the iPhone.
    Last edited by chile7236; 10-19-2011 at 07:39 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me delusion950's Avatar
    Thanks

i bet that brick phone ur using is ugly so ur hating on Nexus.That looks hot. If you dont like Android say i dont like Android i am OS fan. And you know your curious as to how the phone feels and how it is. Wait till it comes out i bet youll be lickin the glass on that display like a fat kid in front of the pastry store.

iOS*

Quote Originally Posted by -=viper=- View Post
    well that's explain why its so ugly haha - it looks like a toy phone to me...
    Get out of the Toy's R Us and get real.

Quote Originally Posted by GrandMstrBud View Post
    The phone looks awesome. I have used IOS and Android devices and on the phone part of it I say it's a toss up because both are great. Apple still has an edge on the tablets though, for the time being that is.
    Thank you !

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Russian View Post
    Thank you as well bigger screen and quality of the pic is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by chile7236 View Post
    disagree....yeah, the iPhone came out with a nice design form the get-go but the NEWER offerings from HTC and samsung are just as "sophisticated" (not sure how that describes ANY phone) as the iPhone.
    Totally agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomcat50 View Post
    Isn't it a sort of admission that they did in fringe on the patents. Now with the new phone they when out of there way to avoid infringing? Surely they should of done it on the other phones.

Plus the nexus has a shite camera.
    Really "shite" camera. Have you had the chance to try the camera and to see the quality of the pic?
    Last edited by delusion950; 10-19-2011 at 08:29 PM.

Thanks

I would think that companies would go out of their way to differentiate themselves from competitors. Apple always has. It makes me sad to think about the devices we'd be holding if Apple weren't constantly innovating and continuing to "think different." And let's show some maturity people. What is this? YouTube ?

My iPhone is a Part of Me delusion950's Avatar
    Thanks

[QUOTE=orozcoj4;6273212]I would think that companies would go out of their way to differentiate themselves from competitors. Apple always has. It makes me sad to think about the devices we'd be holding if Apple weren't constantly innovating and continuing to "think different." And let's show some maturity people. What is this? YouTube UOTE]

True companies should set their own standards and copyin should out of the question. But people need to get real when it looks nice it looks nice when it looks like s'h'i't' it looks like ****. Just cause you like one brand more than the other they should keep unecessary comments to themselves

[QUOTE=delusion950;6273221]
    Quote Originally Posted by orozcoj4 View Post
    I would think that companies would go out of their way to differentiate themselves from competitors. Apple always has. It makes me sad to think about the devices we'd be holding if Apple weren't constantly innovating and continuing to "think different." And let's show some maturity people. What is this? YouTube UOTE]

True companies should set their own standards and copyin should out of the question. But people need to get real when it looks nice it looks nice when it looks like s'h'i't' it looks like ****. Just cause you like one brand more than the other they should keep unecessary comments to themselves
    I CAN SAY "THE NEW SAMSUNG Galaxy S2 PHONE IS UGLY" this is America. and yes phones with that LCDTV screen are ugly ! Cońo

Hey I hear the SAMSUNG galaxy s2 it's coming with Mario galaxy 2 

Thanks

Everybody knock the insults off. For goodness's sake, we're discussing phones, not politics or religious beliefs. Keep the mudslinging out of this discussion. OT: New phone design. Cool. Really large, hi-rez screen. Nice. Ice Cream Sandwich, meh. Google-controlled Nexus? Always a plus. Do not like the physical shape too much. Ah well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast