Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: WinterBoard for iOS 5 Publicly Released

Quote Originally Posted by NArush View Post
    Yea, same here, except I cannot get cydia to delete anything due to the fact that the buttons are not accessible for pressing. Ugh.
    The solution to this has been documented in other threads. For those having the screen shrinking to the top left issue, I hope you have SBSettings installed. If so then reboot into safe mode, open any jailbreak app, and then respring. The problem should be gone. I would advise keeping the SBSettings drop-down window option available as you can reboot into safe mode from there. The shrinking issue seems to happen to me after every tethered boot.

Couple issues I still found are....

- Calendar icons still can't be sized larger than the stock icon dimensions
    - When using an SMSBackground there is a colored trim around SMS Bubbles

Quote Originally Posted by moneybanks14 View Post
    revi krs worked perfectly on my ipt4 before but now some of the icons will not change to match the theme and stay as stock icons including mail, facebook and videos?
    All themes will have to be updated for iOS 5 before they will all work correctly. File names and locations have changed almost every time there's a firmware update. It's a nightmare for themers to get all elements to work how they envisioned. I haven't dug into iOS 5 yet to even see what's changed from 4.3 to 5.0. So I can't really say how to modify it to work.

I solved the problem of frezzeing screen by uninstalling Mobile Substrate. My new problem is that after updating to new Winterboard I have on Icon labels for all icons except those that are inside the folders.

Thanks

Does anyone have any guess on when the untethered jailbrake will come out?

your guess is as good as ours.. the only thing i can suggest is be patient, check twitter constantly and dont let your phone die untill then.. hopefully soon though since musclenerd did say they were waiting for ios 5 to release an untether.. but he has lied to us before.. lol then tried to cover it up by saying oh i said yes its possible for an unlock not yes i have one

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by elitejelly View Post
    Does anyone have any guess on when the untethered jailbrake will come out?
    Haha, theres always one... patience is the only answer.

WRECK 'EM TECH!!! Twitter Me: Jared_Mataska
    Or Leave a Thanks...

People keep saying that they need an Untethered Jailbreak for this or that, but if you never power off/down your phone or never reboot
    It and only have Cydia reboots to worry about, what's the problem? Only Winterboard and not many other Tweaks/etc require a reboot (after the initial install) I just don't get why it's SUCH an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by LifeSux View Post
    People keep saying that they need an Untethered Jailbreak for this or that, but if you never power off/down your phone or never reboot
    It and only have Cydia reboots to worry about, what's the problem? Only Winterboarf and not many other Tweaks/etc require a reboot. I just don't get why it's SUCH an issue.
    lol i agree i have been absolutely fine with my tethered jb since 4.3.5 and to be honest when the phone dies anyway you cant turn it back on even if it is untethered.. and you look more unavailable to people.. which ladies love.. lol and once you have all your apps that require reboot you dont need to reboot anymore.. buuuuuuuuuuuut i do want that untether, i guess its just the anal part of me...lol as i look at the wow kid in your name

All I want right now is for a fix to a Clear Lockscreen that works with iOS 5!!!!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to NSXrebel For This Useful Post:

nicoand (10-24-2011)

Green Apple
    Thanks

I installed and now when i double click the home button the camera doesnt show up i think it was winterboard that made it stop showing up anyone know how to get it back
    Edit: just had to remove multiflow from lock screen double click home button on lockscreen. But winterboard still just crashes iphone 5 ios5
    Last edited by chrisw05; 10-19-2011 at 09:20 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chrisw05 View Post
    I installed and now when i double click the home button the camera doesnt show up i think it was winterboard that made it stop showing up anyone know how to get it back
    Edit: just had to remove multiflow from lock screen double click home button on lockscreen. But winterboard still just crashes iphone 5 ios5
    your from the furture ?
    wow si-fi
    cydia.myrepospace.com/Real-AngryPIG/

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Empyrials View Post
    Well Winterboard seemed to work fine before i did this update to the official iOS5 one... now all my apps are 1/4 screen size i've tried uninstall/reinstall a few times but the apps only are normal again with winterboard UNINSTALLED. Of course i had to reboot each time i installed/unstalled. So atm i no longer have a cool lockscreen
    All you have to do is, restart your iPhone in Safe Mode with SBSettings once it reboot in Safe Mode, touch safe mode on the top of your screen and restart. You should be fine now.
    Drive Safe with Trapster
    Speedtrap App

[QUOTE=bigliquid530;6272646]Damn can't wait for the untethered JB...[/QUOTE

My iPhone is a Part of Me thevmax's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Winterboard Problems
    Quote Originally Posted by Empyrials View Post
    Well Winterboard seemed to work fine before i did this update to the official iOS5 one... now all my apps are 1/4 screen size i've tried uninstall/reinstall a few times but the apps only are normal again with winterboard UNINSTALLED. Of course i had to reboot each time i installed/unstalled. So atm i no longer have a cool lockscreen
    I'm on IOS 4.3.3 but I updated to latest Winterboard and now I can't change themes AND my phone app is about 1/4 size of normal

Quote Originally Posted by StayyyFlyyy View Post
    your guess is as good as ours.. the only thing i can suggest is be patient, check twitter constantly and dont let your phone die untill then.. hopefully soon though since musclenerd did say they were waiting for ios 5 to release an untether.. but he has lied to us before.. lol then tried to cover it up by saying oh i said yes its possible for an unlock not yes i have one
    Just because you misinterpret what MN says doesnotmeanhe has ever lied.

As in this case, you have misinterpreted what he said.members of the Chronic Dev team have said thatcher have an untethered JB which they announced at MyGreatFest before iOS was released. MN said that they (not the Dev Team) would not release until after iOS5 was released and they were waiting until they had the new iPhone ( which I believe they now do) to test it on.

It is entirely up to Chronic when they release it but I would imagine (provided they have it working and none of the 5 necessary exploits have been patched) that they will wait until afterithe iP4s is officially sold unlocked in the USA in November.

A FW update will almost certainly be released within days to block the JB Southey might be waiting for 5.01 before they release it.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,337 Times in 695 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NSXrebel View Post
    All I want right now is for a fix to a Clear Lockscreen that works with iOS 5!!!!
    me to buddy love to get the lockscreen widgets rolling again hope he updates soon

Clear lockscreen works again with the latest winterboard!!

My iPhone is a Part of Me TexasDeltaSig's Avatar
    Thanks

Has anyone had any issue with paging being extremely laggy or jagged after the new version of winterboard? I was on 4.3.3 until a few days ago, but decided to take the unteathered leap with 5.0. Everything works fine, except once I installed the new winterboard, when I go between pages, even with no theme active, paging is really laggy? Once I disable winterboard in sbsettings, everything goes back to normal?

I don't know if it was winterboard that's the problem, but now I can't drag my icons or create folders. The few folders that I already have, those I can move around. It was working fine when I just had Grid Lock installed. I'm gonna do some troubleshooting, removing one tweak at a time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12