+ Reply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Article: IntelliScreenX is on its Way Exclusive to iOS 5

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
IntelliScreen is a Cydia app that lets the user make the lock screen more useful. There's no doubt that most of the people reading this article have heard of Intelliscreen.
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,042 Times in 764 Posts

Default IntelliScreenX is on its Way Exclusive to iOS 5

IntelliScreen is a Cydia app that lets the user make the lock screen more useful.

There's no doubt that most of the people reading this article have heard of Intelliscreen. It's a useful app from Cydia, made by Intelliborn, that moves all kinds of useful things to your lock screen such as notifications, weather, and other downloadable widgets. Well do we have news for you! Intelliborn has released a teaser for the new IntelliScreenX which is fully supported by iOS 5.

The following video is straight from Intelliborn's YouTube Channel:

IntelliScreenX has been completely revamped. It now takes the features of iOS to heart and allows you to open notification center from the lock screen. Intelliborn was smart to do this. As with many developers developing widgets for notification center, it makes IntelliScreenX even more powerful than it was ever before. Now you will be able to access all of your notification center widgets right from your lock screen without ever having to dig into your device. Some of such are SBSettings, PowerCenter, WeeRadio, MusicCenter, WidgetTask, and OmniStat. There are also numerous more widgets made available through Cydia. Because IntelliScreenX runs from notification center, you can be sure that all notification center widgets will work with it. This means that when more widgets are developed for notification center in the future, you can be assured that they will always be compatible. As with notification center already, you will be able to see your notifications, stock and weather widgets, and your Cydia customizations form your lock screen and you will be able to scroll down to view them all and play with them. As a bonus, with the new Springtomize 2 just at the horizon, you will be able to set your lock screen to not automatically shut off every couple of seconds so that you will have more time to play with the widgets on your lock screen. So that is a pretty powerful jailbreak combo that will be hitting iOS 5 compatibility very soon. Keep your eyes peeled on Cydia, and stay tuned to Modmyi for information on their releases.

To activate IntelliScreenX, you need to press the power button when in sleep mode to access the lock screen. Once there, just pull down from the status bar like you would on the home screen or from inside any app to bring down the notification center. Notification center serves as the backbone of IntelliScreenX. You will notice right off the bat that it overlays your lock screen wallpaper, which makes it very beautiful to look at.

Another new feature of IntelliScreenX includes the, "Top Shelf." This feature is similar to SBSettings in that it lets you toggle things linke 3G, Airplane Mode, Wi-Fi, BlueTooth, and more. Also, by scrolling across it you will be able to adjust the screen brightness, and view common system information such as IP address and memory usage. This is a custom widget that Intelliborn themselves wrote for you to use on IntelliScreenX.

In addition to widgets, you will be able to tinker around with your notifications on IntelliScreenX. In notification center, if you're a very popular person, you will notice that your notifications can quickly become a long list that you have to scroll through. With IntelliScreenX, when you have such a long list of notifications that you feel lazy and don't want to scroll through them all, you have the option to tap on the sections to collapse the ones that you want to skip. This will get the less important clutter out of the way so that you can see the important notifications right from your lock screen.

It doesn't end there, folks. As well as the main display of IntelliScreenX, you can swipe to the right or left to navigate through what appear to be super widgets. Of these super widgets are a Facebook, Twitter, and RSS feed which are all accessible directly from your lock screen. They are fully integrated into IntelliScreenX and because of that, they won't require separate downloads from Cydia. On top of that, there is a full E-Mail reader. By tapping on an E-Mail that you receive, you can read it from the lock screen. The E-Mail reader is another one of these super widgets. It even gives you the option to delete a message right from your lock screen so that you won't have to unlock your device to delete the message from the Mail app. There is also the option to mark it as read so that the notifications won't bug you anymore, and then of course, the option to open it, which will unlock your device and take you straight to the Mail app. When you use the Twitter and Facebook super widgets, you will be able to like comments, reply to them, and all of the things that you could never expect to do from your lock screen without ever opening the actual app itself. When it comes to the RSS reader, when you tap on something that is news, it will open up a page that is similar to Apple's iBooks reader to make reading the news even easier.

IntelliScreenX works from more than just your lock screen. When you install it, you can access it from anywhere that you can access notification center from. In fact, when you open notification center, you can simply slide to the left or to the right to open up the several features that IntelliScreenX has to offer.

Below are some screenshots of the new IntelliScreenX; From Mario Ciabarra of Intelliborn, courtesy of Joshua Tucker:

Below is how it looks from notification center when you are past the lock screen:

Intelliborn will be releasing a beta version this week, and they hope to release the full version into Cydia, sometime next week. IntelliScreen usually costs $9.99 in Cydia, and IntelliScreenX will likely follow suit. Anyone who bought IntelliScreen and wants to upgrade to IntelliScreenX can pay an upgrade fee of $7.99. If you bought IntelliScreen in the past 30 days, it will be a free upgrade.

Are you excited for IntelliScreenX? If so, will you be buying it? Leave a comment below!

Sources: Intelliborn
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 10-18-2011 at 11:20 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Excited yes, buying it no. Too expensive imo

Thanks
    Thanked 2,038 Times in 921 Posts

That is freakin DYNAMIC!!! Way too cool now! I was never a fan of Intelliscreen but I'd definitely get this updated version! Nice job guys! Can't wait till I can put this on my ip4S!

iPhone? More like MyPhone sTrAnGe mOdS's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't really see a need for Intelliscreen anymore. The built in lock screen notifications on iOS5 works great!

JAE
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Looks nice.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sTrAnGe mOdS View Post
    I don't really see a need for Intelliscreen anymore. The built in lock screen notifications on iOS5 works great!
    It's more than notifications. There are full blown app-widgets built into it. Plus it only activates when you slide notification center down so you could ultimately use both IntelliScreenX and lock screen notifications at the same time.

Banned
    Thanks

this works just like the widget on my Samsung Galaxy S2....except I didn't have to jailbreak, void my warranty and render my OS unstable, laggy and full of bugs.

iPhone? More like MyPhone tankz504's Avatar
    Thanks

Can't wait for a 4s jailbreak now. Love the top shelf!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post
    this works just like the widget on my Samsung Galaxy S2....except I didn't have to jailbreak, void my warranty and render my OS unstable, laggy and full of bugs.
    Not to rain on your parade but Android OS already is unstable, laggy, and full of bugs.

Plus it only voids your warranty if Apple finds out you jailbroke. This tends to be less than 10% of the time.

Green Apple
    Thanks

If there's a reduced price for upgrading from the previous version... then I'll most likely buy. But if I'm forced to pay the full $10 price it's a no go. Other than that it looks very cool, nice job.

Thanks
    Yeah - that's dope. What's next for Lockinfo to compete?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

If the 4S jailbreak comes and Lockinfo isn't available I'm in.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Is he going to raise the price another $10? He keeps raising his prices and I going using competitor's products.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    Not to rain on your parade but Android OS already is unstable, laggy, and full of bugs.

Plus it only voids your warranty if Apple finds out you jailbroke. This tends to be less than 10% of the time.
    Oh Snap!!

Thanks

You've got to be kiddin me... Unstable??

As for the tweak, fantastic! I'd gladly pay 10 bucks for this. It's everything you need!

Thanks
    This sounds good! I'll have to wait and see. I've been a fan of Lockinfo from day 1. Can't wait to see what they come up with.

Oh one note to Robot fans. Android hardware and software is like robots, fragmented, laggy & buggy and the rest err... Behave like robots. iOS on the other hand cool as ice and fluid like water! Fact.

Peace.

Thanks

Umm for $10? ABSOLUTELY!! How many people will go buy a New music album for that? I can almost promise you'll get more out of your ten bucks if you buy this tweak. Ill be buying the day its released. Done...

Thanks

Hahahah no. Android is by nature unstable, laggy and full of bugs; and if you had a iPhone 4/4s you would no that jailbreaking will only lag if you have absolutely no idea what your doing. The entire point of jailbreak is to use the cleanest, fastest, and most user friendly along with all the amazing mods, such as this one, created by the community. And Btw, the GS2 is a great phone so g4u

Green Apple
    Thanks

What we need is a better looking/larger weather widget.. And is the notification bar still easily themeable? I saw some concepts of see-through ones very much like the original Intelliscreen

iPhone? More like MyPhone VerizonIphone4_help's Avatar
    Thanks

will they be upgrading existing customers? I love my intelliscreen and have since my 3GS, now two phones ago!