+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Article: IntelliScreenX is on its Way Exclusive to iOS 5

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by PatrickGSR94 I don't know, it seems like some of that starts to circumvent the purpose of having a lock screen, i.e. to prevent unwanted data entry without
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Hillefied's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickGSR94 View Post
    I don't know, it seems like some of that starts to circumvent the purpose of having a lock screen, i.e. to prevent unwanted data entry without your knowledge. It seems like that becomes more and more of a possibility the easier you make it to do stuff directly on the lock screen without actually going to the springboard.

Am I the only one who see this as a possible issue with all the lock screen tweaks?
    You have a point, but it may be moot. The reason why Apple decided to implement alerts on the lockscreen is because of demands like IntelliScreen(X) and LockInfo. People want fast, convenient, and more importantly, organized access to valued information. Apple seems to have stopped at just simple alerts, possibly for the same concerns about false input or "butt-dialing" as they call it. However, this is still circumvented by making the iPhone sleep. There have been and should still be settings to keep the phone's screen off when getting an alert. You would hit the home button or sleep button to see the alerts, then unlock you device, and finally open and utilize the app based on the information in the Alert. Tweaks like IntelliScreen(X) and LockInfo allow you to skip a couple of extra steps.

Also, as pointed out in the YouTube video, just like sliding to unlock the device, you still need to slide down from the status bar with IntelliScreen(X) just to access the info. LockInfo for 4.x and older is integrated directly into the lockscreen.

I believe there isn't a concern with falsely inputing information with IntelliScreen(X). This will be a definite must when it is released.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Lock info was released few minutes ago with Notification center widgets support. I wonder why IntelliscreenX hasn't been released yet?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by resplendent2209 View Post
    Lock info was released few minutes ago with Notification center widgets support. I wonder why IntelliscreenX hasn't been released yet?
    Although I own and use LockInfo, I have found it to be very laggy and not as robust as IntelliScreen. That being said, I understand and respect IntelliBorn for waiting to release the final. I'd rather a flawless version than a constantly updated one.

Now that LockInfo is updated, you should tell us how it is and what new features it possesses.

Update: I just went to Cydia to check on LockInfo's iOS5 update and there isn't one. As a matter of fact, their site says they are still in beta testing on iOS5 and their current version doesn't work on it, yet. The beta is available to work out the kinks, which several have been reported, but the beta has been out for 2 days now. Where did you get you information, resplendent?
    Last edited by Hillefied; 10-20-2011 at 03:25 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The beta repo is apt.dba-tech.net/beta/

I can't wait for IntelliscreenX lol.

Thanks

You had me believe you were talking bout the final release of LockInfo. I know about the beta already, but thanks for sharing the beta site.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Looks like they have pushed the beta release dates and eventually the final release.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

No beta yet!

Thanks

I got this tweat for 10$ it said buy message+ and add 2$ for intellisceen+, inteliscreen is there but i cant find message+ i liked the swipe up and open the message app but that dont work any help will be great thanks in advance.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Just bought this app and love it. I wish there were privacy options that allows us to hide certain information from the lock screen while allowing full access when you put in the passcode. I hope planetbeing is reading this.

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123