Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Access App Switcher from Notification Center with WidgetTask [GIVEAWAY]

Default Access App Switcher from Notification Center with WidgetTask [GIVEAWAY]

Access the App Switcher on your device from the Notification Center.
    If you remember from a few days ago, the first tweak ever made for the Notification Center, UISettings, was distributed to the public as a pre-release beta as it is bound to release very soon on the BigBoss repo. The developer of UISettings, qwertyoruiop (@qwertyoruiop), hasn't stopped here with his work. Recently released on Cydia, qwertyoruiop's new tweak WidgetTask allows the user to access the AppSwitcher switcher directly from the Notification Center.

When you have it installed and enabled (Settings -> Notifications -> WidgetTask), simply pull down your Notification Center to see it in action. WidgetTask behaves just like the regular App Switcher, allowing you to "kill" applications as well as access the music control section and volume. To rephrase, WidgetTask directly ports all the functionality of the regular App Switcher right into your Notification Center.

So it is a toss up. Either you live with the regular App Switcher, or you use WidgetTask instead to access it on the Notification Center. In my mind, it is personal preference. You can access both the App Switcher and the Notification Center from anywhere so there's no real difference there. And if you compare the two, the only difference is that you have to pay for WidgetTask. It's totally up to you.

WidgetTask just released, as mentioned, and is available on Cydia for $.99. It is available on all devices running 5.0+.

Name: WidgetTask
    Author: qwertyoruiop
    Version: 1.0
    Price: $0.99

If you are looking to get a copy of WidgetTask, go no further - you have an opportunity to win one of 30 copies that qwertyoruiop is offering to our readers here at ModMyi. Here's how you can win:

The winners of the giveaway have been picked. If you did not get a mention from me on Twitter or Google+, sorry! But don't worry - there's much more to come!

And make sure to leave a post here expressing your thoughts on this tweak!

Source(s):qwertyoruiop
    Last edited by Joshua Tucker; 10-19-2011 at 09:47 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Joshua Tucker For This Useful Post:

smiglyy (10-23-2011)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

This sounds AWESOME. I already had used Activator to allow a "swipe up from bottom middle" to access App Switcher since a double-tap of the home button becomes increasingly unreliable the more it has been pressed in the life span of a phone. Pulling down from the notification bar has a much higher rate of accuracy. Worth the $0.99.Now just give me an untethered jailbreak for my iPhone 4 so I can upgrade to iOS 5! I think I'm going to go tethered for the first time just because I'm impatient.

Yes!!! I've been waiting for this. Does it include iPod controls to the left as well?

How about a close all button to kill all open apps?

iPhone? More like MyPhone mallenass's Avatar
    Thanks

OK BUT WHEN THE FUNK DO WE GET IPHONE 4S JAILBREAK AND UNLOCK!!! JESIS CHIRST ALLMIGHTY!! TAUNTING US WITH TWEAKS AND STILL NO i4S JAILBREAK.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,755 Times in 892 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jamesgunaca View Post
    This sounds AWESOME. I already had used Activator to allow a "swipe up from bottom middle" to access App Switcher since a double-tap of the home button becomes increasingly unreliable the more it has been pressed in the life span of a phone. Pulling down from the notification bar has a much higher rate of accuracy. Worth the $0.99.Now just give me an untethered jailbreak for my iPhone 4 so I can upgrade to iOS 5! I think I'm going to go tethered for the first time just because I'm impatient.
    I was going to post exactly what you just wrote. Except my app switcher in activator is a double tap of the status bar. Being on the untethered!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Aenima133 View Post
    Yes!!! I've been waiting for this. Does it include iPod controls to the left as well?
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Tucker;
    WidgetTask behaves just like the regular App Switcher, allowing you to "kill" applications as well as access the music control section and volume.
    Yep! It also mentions that it behaves just like the regular App Switcher except it's available in the Notification Center.

Quote Originally Posted by 3dguymwm View Post
    At this current time, there's no way of doing a kill all.

Quote Originally Posted by mallenass View Post
    OK BUT WHEN THE FUNK DO WE GET IPHONE 4S JAILBREAK AND UNLOCK!!! JESIS CHIRST ALLMIGHTY!! TAUNTING US WITH TWEAKS AND STILL NO i4S JAILBREAK.
    Really? the phones been out not even a week... Let's give it some time!

My iPhone is a Part of Me Donnutt's Avatar
    Thanks

You could always stop reading about all the awesome tweaks we all are getting on our old hardware and enjoy your brand new iPhone 4S instead of whining about something that is out of your control...
    Just a thought...

I'm getting this for sure! My home button is acting up and apple care is too expensive

Awesome!!! That's just awesome!!! Would say more but I don't have an untethered jailbroken iPod on iOS 5 yet. Can't wait till a jailbreak gets released.

Quote Originally Posted by 3dguymwm View Post
    KillBackground does that.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,862 Times in 1,237 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JAE View Post
    KillBackground does that.
    Yep! Liked that you can Enable the skull on both sides of the AppSwitcher to easily/quickly Kill All apps. I wondered if it could somehow be incorporated into this tweak...

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    Yep! Liked that you can Enable the skull on both sides of the AppSwitcher to easily/quickly Kill All apps. I wondered if it could somehow be incorporated into this tweak...
    That would be great.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jamesgunaca View Post
    Bro, I was waiting as well for an untether, but to be honest, go ahead and update. Its 100% worth it. Honestly how many times does one reboot their phone after they have all of their tweaks, widgets, etc installed? From personal experience, I love it, especially with this tweak. Awesome work guys!!

WRECK 'EM TECH!!! Twitter Me: Jared_Mataska
    Or Leave a Thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by Jmataska View Post
    Bro, I was waiting as well for an untether, but to be honest, go ahead and update. Its 100% worth it. Honestly how many times does one reboot their phone after they have all of their tweaks, widgets, etc installed? From personal experience, I love it, especially with this tweak. Awesome work guys!!
    I think you just talked me into tethered jailbreaking. I'm mainly just waiting on bitesms. Lol.

I don't understand why a tethered Jailbreak is such a burden to people that they refuse to even Jailbreak their devices. How hard is it to keep your phone from dying or having to reboot? I have no problems with it whatsoever. And over time you start to remember which tweaks require a reboot and you avoid them unless you're near a computer. That's just my opinion though, and to each their own.

My iPhone is a Part of Me keenpois0n's Avatar
    Thanks

- 5.0 jb won't come out until atleast 2 more months, calm your farm Mohammad

Si coņo!

This tweak is terrible! Once you use it, it makes Notification Centre come up every 2 seconds until you respring. Dont buy it until this is fixed
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast