Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Redsn0w 0.9.9b6 Released

Default Redsn0w 0.9.9b6 Released

And today, the Dev Team has another new update for you.

Redsn0w is a popular jailbreak tool for iOS. This new version doesn't tout any new features but there are some important mentions for some of you who are running a tethered jailbreak on iOS 5. Currently, the new version supports both Mac and Windows, and the download links are below:

Redsn0w 0.9.9b6 for Mac
    Redsn0w 0.9.9b6 for Windows

So what's new about Redsn0w? The Dev Team posted this on their blog regarding version 0.9.9b6:
    Quote Originally Posted by Dev Team
    Update #14: Weíve released version 0.9.9b6 of redsn0w, with both a functional fix and cosmetic fix for iOS5 jailbreakers. For iPhone3GS owners with the 06.15 baseband, this redsn0w eliminates the network crash you saw when using Location Services in iOS5 (in fact, you donít even need to disable Location Services anymore during the initial setup). The cosmetic fix is to the visual countdown you see when going into DFU mode.

Itís okay to re-run this redsn0w over an existing device jailbroken at iOS5. Just choose ďJailbreakĒ again and de-select Cydia (in other words, all the checkboxes will be unchecked). If you are lucky enough to have an old-bootrom iPhone3GS, please pre-select the IPSW first (redsn0w canít yet auto-detect the FW version of your old-bootrom 3GS if itís already been jailbroken).
    So basically, there are two fixes. One is cosmetic and one is functional. Cosmetic is of course referring to how it looks. The countdown part of Redsn0w that displays when you are putting your device into DFU mode had a small issue in the previous version that has been tweaked. The exact issue at this point in time is unknown.

The functional update has to do with iPhone 3GS users who are jailbroken with Redsn0w 0.9.9b4-5 with the 06.15 baseband. Some of you reported a network crash when you used location services on iOS 5. The Dev Team is sorry about that and rolls out this new update to you guys that will fix the problem. You can simply plug in your iPhone 3GS and rejailbreak it with this version of Redsn0w right over the jailbreak that you already have. Don't worry, you won't lose anything. Remember that old-bootrom iPhone 3GS's will still be able to have an untethered jailbreak on iOS 5. But, be aware that if you do have the old bootrom that Redsn0w cannot auto detect your firmware and that you will need to specify it manually.

So go ahead, download it, and have fun with your jailbreak!

Sources: Dev Team Blog

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

hadia8 (10-19-2011)

Dev team does it again. Unfortunately for me I just upgraded from my 3GS to a 4s , so I continue to wait for that untethered jb...😒
    Iphone...Therefore I am!

Thanks
    Still tethered? I am dying for the untethered jailbreak!

Cool...still waiting on the untethered JB, but it's great to see y'all are hard at work. Thanks! A quick question...if I do use the tethered jailbreak and I have to reboot my phone for whatever reason, what happens to my phone? Will it just boot into normal iOS5 and I lose the jailbreak...or will it prompt me to plug my phone into iTunes when i reboot? If i just lose the jailbreak, but my phone is still functional then I'll go ahead and go with the tethered JB...but if my phone is unusable 'til I can hook it up to iTunes then i want no part of it!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ceris7356 View Post
    Will this work on the new 4s

Quote Originally Posted by AUZambo View Post
    Cool...still waiting on the untethered JB, but it's great to see y'all are hard at work. Thanks! A quick question...if I do use the tethered jailbreak and I have to reboot my phone for whatever reason, what happens to my phone? Will it just boot into normal iOS5 and I lose the jailbreak...or will it prompt me to plug my phone into iTunes when i reboot? If i just lose the jailbreak, but my phone is still functional then I'll go ahead and go with the tethered JB...but if my phone is unusable 'til I can hook it up to iTunes then i want no part of it!
    You'll be stuck on the booting Apple screen until you plug it into a computer, put it into DFU mode, and boot it tethered. Just try it once, we all have to try a tethered jailbreak at one point in our lives.

P.S. As I learned, you might find that tethered isn't really that bad. Just keep it charged up.

Quote Originally Posted by T76 View Post
    Will this work on the new 4s
    There isn't a jailbreak for the iPhone 4S yet.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

AUZambo (10-18-2011)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Dang! Every time you post a jailbreak on this site it excites me into thinking the untethered jailbreak is finally out!

my iphone 4 on iOS5 is stuck on the black screen that has all the white writing on it when its being jailbroke! Wth

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    You'll be stuck on the booting Apple screen until you plug it into a computer, put it into DFU mode, and boot it tethered. Just try it once, we all have to try a tethered jailbreak at one point in our lives.

P.S. As I learned, you might find that tethered isn't really that bad. Just keep it charged up.
    Thanks.

I always keep my phone charged since I have a charging alarm clock I set it on every night...but there is the rare case where something goes cooky forcing me into a hard reset or I update a cydia app that prompts me to reboot.

*EDIT: Will respringing the devices also prompt me to plug my phone into iTunes, or is respringing safe for a tethered JB?

I suppose I could just avoid doing things like that unless I'm at home and my computer is available.

i installed My 3g and Facebreak, but whenever im doing facetime over 3g it just crashes, Whats up with that, anyone else have this problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post

I have a question about tethered jailbreaking...

Will a respring put you in a boot loop?

has nyone else got facetime over 3g to work on their Iphone 4 thats jailbroke on iOS5?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I really just want the untethered jailbreak.

iPhone? More like MyPhone smuj29's Avatar
    Thanks

Extra peg up on tethered ladder, untethered is now within reach for all ios5 A4 and A5 chips.

Quote Originally Posted by ecksel02 View Post
    I have a question about tethered jailbreaking...

Will a respring put you in a boot loop?
    Nope. All a respring does is restart the application named, "Springboard." It doesn't turn the device off.

Quote Originally Posted by AUZambo View Post
    Thanks.

I always keep my phone charged since I have a charging alarm clock I set it on every night...but there is the rare case where something goes cooky forcing me into a hard reset or I update a cydia app that prompts me to reboot.

*EDIT: Will respringing the devices also prompt me to plug my phone into iTunes, or is respringing safe for a tethered JB?

I suppose I could just avoid doing things like that unless I'm at home and my computer is available.
    Respringing is fine. The only time you'll need to tether is when your device completely powers down.

With iOS 5 it's not even worth the hassle until a true untethered one arrives. If they never create one I would be happy still as is. The only tweaks I use it for are theming so I'll wait.

Green Apple
    Thanks

3gs 16gb/old bootrom/05.11.07 baseband= untethered JB & UL(still needs to be confirmed with a T-mobile sim but will know that later today.

waiting for the untethered

Quote Originally Posted by ceris7356 View Post
    Greenpois0n is coming . . .

I just bought an iPad2 yesterday :/ wish it was supported lol

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast