+ Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Redsn0w 0.9.9b6 Released

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by ecksel02 I have a question about tethered jailbreaking... Will a respring put you in a boot loop? No it will not.. Respringing just Resprings and doesn't reboot.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ecksel02 View Post
    I have a question about tethered jailbreaking...

Will a respring put you in a boot loop?

No it will not.. Respringing just Resprings and doesn't reboot. I was scared of that before I did it bit it seems to work I jailbroke my 4 to iOS 5, and preserved my base and at 03.10.01 so even the gevey card maintains my phone unlocked.... It's pretty sweeeeeet!

Thanks

I'm gonna check it out later on

Thanks

this happened to me 4 or 5 times so far. and everytime it does i have to clean restore and then re-jailbreak. its annoying. the screen spilts into 1/4 even i open any app. but its only the visualization because the buttons are still where they would be. for example in safari the "open new window button" is still in the lower right corner even tho its black

Thanks
    Thanked 14,805 Times in 6,884 Posts

^When that happens use sbsettings to enter safe mode, then respring back to normal after safe mode. So sbsettings is the first thing you should install from cydia.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    ^When that happens use sbsettings to enter safe mode, then respring back to normal after safe mode. So sbsettings is the first thing you should install from cydia.
    Awesome thanks. I'll give it a try when I get back home. (phone turned off on me)

Thanks

I feel like a noob asking this but I just want to be sure everything will work. I've never done a tethered jailbreak before so this is a little new to me. I have an iPhone 4 on iOS 5, am I supposed to go into extras and "Just boot," or do I just use the "Jailbreak" button on the main application page? Also, when I reboot my phone and put it into DFU mode, do I run Redsn0w again and re-jailbreak...or what? I'm still a little uncertain on how tethered jailbreaks work so any help would be great.

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm pretty sure I figured everything out.
    Last edited by frejes32; 10-19-2011 at 09:37 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by frejes32 View Post
    I feel like a noob asking this but I just want to be sure everything will work. I've never done a tethered jailbreak before so this is a little new to me. I have an iPhone 4 on iOS 5, am I supposed to go into extras and "Just boot," or do I just use the "Jailbreak" button on the main application page? Also, when I reboot my phone and put it into DFU mode, do I run Redsn0w again and re-jailbreak...or what? I'm still a little uncertain on how tethered jailbreaks work so any help would be great.

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm pretty sure I figured everything out.
    on a fresh restore of ios 5 put iphone in dfu mode run redsnow jailbreak then hit back and put into dfu mode again the extras and just boot boom jailbroken. but careful themes and tweaks are 5050 working

Thanks

I haven't turned my iPhone off once or lost power since I bought it last year, so the tethered jailbreak is sick

iPhone? More like MyPhone Razorinthe60s's Avatar
    Thanks

okay so should it take awhile to reboot with redsn0w after jailbreak on tethered restart?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

No it doesn't take very long. For me it takes maybe 10 seconds longer to reboot compared to a stock reboot on a 3gs

+ Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234