Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Redsn0w 0.9.9b6 Released

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Kind of afraid to use this, used sn0wbreeze the day iOS 5 was released and didn't realize till 5 hours later that my phone wasn't working (no calls no text messages) and then it took another 2 hours just to restore it to the stock firmware, been jail breaking since the original iPhone and never had a problem before, maybe that was just a freak occurrence, really miss having a jailbroken phone though so might just give this a try when I have a few hours to spare, just in case...

Quote Originally Posted by szr View Post
    People really need to learn to be patient. An untethered jail-break is on it's way to the A5 based devices (iPad 2 and the 4[S]) for iOS 5. One should also remember that when it comes to jail-breaking, it can be much better to remain on your current FW (4.x in this case) until more of the add-ons have been updated. If you just got or will be getting the 4[S] soon, it may be wise to retain your old device, at least for the time being. I still have my old boot-rom 3GS that's still on 4.2.1 (untethered), as 4.x is not available for the newest phone. If your old phone is a 3G[S] or older, just make a micro-sim card adapter from the old sim card and you've got a backup device.

Why does everyone keep saying they are gone? I know comex got hired but I don't recall anything about GeoHot other than the PS3 situation. Either way, who is to say they aren't still working on jail-break related things and either submitting them under another alias, or passing them off to someone else for release? I don't see why any of them would just up and quit what they obviously loved doing.
    Geohot was hired by Facebook, he doesn't have the free time like he used to for jailbreaking. As for Comex, why risk getting fired at Apple?They have not quit what they are doing, just doing it for bigger corporation with steady income.
    Last edited by xclusiveiphone; 10-18-2011 at 06:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Having Problems with Winterboard ... On Safe Mode Again ...
    Because you're installing the wrong one.

iPhone? More like MyPhone sTrAnGe mOdS's Avatar
    Thanks

So this is still tethered?

Livin the iPhone Life R.Mortera's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sTrAnGe mOdS View Post
    So this is still tethered?
    Yes, assuming you dont have iPhone 3GS old boot room

Is the iPad 2 ever going to see a jailbreak? Seven months and nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    Because you're installing the wrong one.
    wrong one? what do you mean? Thanks

iPhone? More like MyPhone GrandMasterB's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blackconvoy View Post
    wrong one? what do you mean? Thanks
    The current version is not IOS 5 compatible. You need to use the beta version. As for where to get it? I don't know, I just know that's what I read in an earlier article on modmyi.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,564 Times in 7,113 Posts

You can find it in the iOS 5 cydia compatibility front page story from a few days ago.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

Anthony Bouchard (10-18-2011), GrandMasterB (10-18-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by Cokeman View Post
    Is the iPad 2 ever going to see a jailbreak? Seven months and nothing.
    My iPad 2 is jailbroken. Don't have it handy now so I can't tell you specifically what OS is on it, but I jailbroke it on jailbreakme.com.

Quote Originally Posted by AUZambo View Post
    My iPad 2 is jailbroken. Don't have it handy now so I can't tell you specifically what OS is on it, but I jailbroke it on jailbreakme.com.
    Likely iOS 4.3.3.

I'm surprised there is not some sort of soft reboot yet, that would allow a tethered JB to stay intact.

Hard reboot = turns phone off & on (default reboot)
    Soft reboot = restarts at a low level boot position so not to lose the JB but enough to restart everything.

I haven't a clue. I asked chpwn on twitter if it's possible, but he must not have got it.
    Apple are Control freaks we need to stop them before they take over the world!!

No jailbreak for 4s yet?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Doran's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rocky5 View Post
    I'm surprised there is not some sort of soft reboot yet, that would allow a tethered JB to stay intact.

Hard reboot = turns phone off & on (default reboot)
    Soft reboot = restarts at a low level boot position so not to lose the JB but enough to restart everything.

I haven't a clue. I asked chpwn on twitter if it's possible, but he must not have got it.
    I believe that Respring = Soft Reboot. Some packages in Cydia REQUIRE a Hard Reboot. When I had a problem with a tethered jailbreak, the first thing I tried was a respring..... that would fix it about 7 out of 10 times......

Thank god, maybe now i can JB my old bootrom 3GS. I've been trying forever since the first release of Redsn0w on ios5 and it's crached, white cydia icon, never worked. Maybe now it's work. Do i need an IPSW for the old bootrom specifically? I only downloaded 3gs ios5 IPSW, so... maybe it'll work now.

Quote Originally Posted by ceris7356 View Post
    Still tethered? I am dying for the untethered jailbreak!
    Anyone know if I can run this on the 4s tethered ? I assume same processor as the iPad 2 so I'm not sure. Thanks all

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Currently JB my iPhone 4. When I go to restart the phone, it gets stuck on the apple boot logo.. anyone know whats going on here, please?
    The only way I can get my iPhone to start again is the go into redsnow and hit Just Boot

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Cause it's tethered

Thanks
    Thanked 2,337 Times in 695 Posts

waiting for untethered jailbreak got to get my cydia apps back

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast