+ Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Redsn0w 0.9.9b6 Released

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by baRRy boRRis Greenpois0n is coming . . . When or where can I read about it....they said there were 5 new exploits for the iPad 2 and
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by baRRy boRRis View Post
    Greenpois0n is coming . . .
    When or where can I read about it....they said there were 5 new exploits for the iPad 2 and the 5 but the 5 never came it was the 4s....so I was just wondering if this is what is slowing them down....I am very patient but I was just wondering what was going on...Keep up the good work and Thxs

Green Apple
    Thanks

ah, i definately miss geohot and @comex already, not that i dont appreciate the work that the dev team has provided us throughout the years, its just geo and comex provided such an easy, untethered and solid jailbreak, whatever, i can wait

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    i have a the white cydia icon and cydia wont open how do i fix this im ruuning a iphone 4 ios 5 on windows

iPhone? More like MyPhone starkall's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by smudge9123 View Post
    i have a the white cydia icon and cydia wont open how do i fix this im ruuning a iphone 4 ios 5 on windows
    Connect your phone to computer, open redsnow, and choose boot tethered and follow instructions

So if you shut your phone off and loose power, the phone will still work once turned on right? Just the jailbreak apps and programs won't work till you boot tethered again right?

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,064 Times in 4,206 Posts

Will try it when I git home

Thanks

You need to run Redsnow again but this time go the the Extras tab and then select Just Boot, and once you boot cydia should be fine.

Banned
    Thanks

your phone is bricked you better get over to apple asap and swap that out before they blacklist you from buying an iphone ever again

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Is IOS 4 when the icons were white just reboot

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xhazex9x View Post
    your phone is bricked you better get over to apple asap and swap that out before they blacklist you from buying an iphone ever again
    lol really? I mean I get annoyed too by noobs but everyone learned at one point

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    thank you guys worked a treat cydia is also really fast still in ios 5

szr
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by boxxa View Post
    I really just want the untethered jailbreak.
    People really need to learn to be patient. An untethered jail-break is on it's way to the A5 based devices (iPad 2 and the 4[S]) for iOS 5. One should also remember that when it comes to jail-breaking, it can be much better to remain on your current FW (4.x in this case) until more of the add-ons have been updated. If you just got or will be getting the 4[S] soon, it may be wise to retain your old device, at least for the time being. I still have my old boot-rom 3GS that's still on 4.2.1 (untethered), as 4.x is not available for the newest phone. If your old phone is a 3G[S] or older, just make a micro-sim card adapter from the old sim card and you've got a backup device.

Quote Originally Posted by donkeykongking View Post
    ah, i definately miss geohot and @comex already, not that i dont appreciate the work that the dev team has provided us throughout the years, its just geo and comex provided such an easy, untethered and solid jailbreak, whatever, i can wait
    Why does everyone keep saying they are gone? I know comex got hired but I don't recall anything about GeoHot other than the PS3 situation. Either way, who is to say they aren't still working on jail-break related things and either submitting them under another alias, or passing them off to someone else for release? I don't see why any of them would just up and quit what they obviously loved doing.
    Last edited by szr; 10-18-2011 at 02:14 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Tethered Jailbreak from redsnow is good. I've been running it since it came out and I've had no problems at all.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

sry guys, I'm a little confused. this means that if I upgrade my 3gs with 06.15 bb to iOS5, its GPS will work again?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ok question. If I have a 3GS with bootrom 05.16.02 is that considered the old or new bootrom ?? I can't seem to find any clarity on this.

Ok 05.16.02 baseband not bootrom. I have the model MC640LL. Trying to figure out if I can do an untethered jailbreak somehow. Currently running 4.3.5 with redsnow tethered. Is this considered a 3GS with old bootrom ??
    Last edited by Kevin8677; 10-18-2011 at 03:00 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ceris7356 View Post
    Still tethered? I am dying for the untethered jailbreak!
    Tell me about it.. I am still running ios 4.. Can't wait till the untethered is released so i can get ios 5!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,752 Times in 2,642 Posts

Awesome, dev team did it again.
    Jailbreaking it now

Edit : Ibooks issue still hasn't been fixed .

Quote Originally Posted by slayorktc View Post
    Tell me about it.. I am still running ios 4.. Can't wait till the untethered is released so i can get ios 5!
    Bootrom is not determined by baseband but the iboot version : Old bootrom is 359.3, New bootrom is 359.3.2

To check , go to devcie manager, iphone has to be in dfu mode.
    Last edited by iYeow; 10-18-2011 at 04:03 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AUZambo View Post
    Cool...still waiting on the untethered JB, but it's great to see y'all are hard at work. Thanks! A quick question...if I do use the tethered jailbreak and I have to reboot my phone for whatever reason, what happens to my phone? Will it just boot into normal iOS5 and I lose the jailbreak...or will it prompt me to plug my phone into iTunes when i reboot? If i just lose the jailbreak, but my phone is still functional then I'll go ahead and go with the tethered JB...but if my phone is unusable 'til I can hook it up to iTunes then i want no part of it!
    To do a tethered reboot, get the latest version of Redsn0w.
    You won't need to re-jailbreak, but the TRICKY part with the tethered reboot is putting your iPhone in DFU mode. If you don't know how to do that, I'd wait for the untethered jailbreak to come out..

Livin the iPhone Life R.Mortera's Avatar
    Thanks

Okay so I can use redsn0w to re jailbreak my cfw that's already been jailbroken with sn0wbreeze?
    Am on iPhone 3GS iOS 5 old boot room 6.15.00

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Has anyone experienced Cydia crashing on them once it's installed?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Xenthis's Avatar
    Thanks

I am tethered! - But I have been for a few days now - Hatin' it...