Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Favorite Contacts for Notification Center: Access Phone Favorites Easily [GIVEAWAY]

Default Favorite Contacts for Notification Center: Access Phone Favorites Easily [GIVEAWAY]

Quickly call, message, or email from the Notification Center

The Notification Center not only houses notifications, but has become a place for various tweaks and packages to offer capabilities and features to make things quicker and easier. If you are one that needs to have access to your favorites from your Phone quickly, Favorite Contacts for Notification is a viable choice.

With it installed and enabled on the Notification Center (Settings -> Notifications -> Favorite Contacts for Notification Center), you can pull down your Notification Center and have access to your favorites. This list is pulled directly from the Phone.app. Tapping on the icon will give you the option to either call, message, or email. Simply hitting cancel gets you out of the window. Although I do not have contact photos for my favorites, Favorite Contacts for NC will display a contact photo if you have one.

Here are my pros and cons:

Pros:
    • The window is small, simple, and easy to use
    • The page dots are nice and gives you some guidance on where you are
    • The options to choose from (call, message, or email) are great and extremely user intuitive

Cons:
    • The icons don't specify what type the number is (i.e. mobile, home, work, etc.) So for example, I have two entries for my dad since he has a work number and a mobile number. I don't know off the top of my head which icon is for which number, so there should be a second label for each

Favorite Contacts for Notification Center is available on the BigBoss right now as we speak. It is only $1 and requires an iPhone on iOS 5.0+.

Name: Favorite Contacts for Notification Center
    Author: 2peaches
    Version: 1.0.1
    Price: $1

I was able to speak to the one of the developers, Tim Trinkles, and ask him a few questions about Favorite Contacts for Notification Center:

JOSH: What gave you the idea to create Favorite Contacts for NC?
    TIM: I've always been a fan of fast and handy calling. Some years ago I developed an application for fast calling in the App Store called HomeContacts. But I kept on trying to make the calling much faster;and now it is with this tweak. I think it's very comfortable to call directly from the Notification Center without having to close an application to make a call.

JOSH: How long did it take for you to make this? And is this your first tweak/package on Cydia? If not, what others do you have?
    TIM: Favorite Contacts is our first Cydia app and I was suprised by myself. The development took about 3 days for the first beta version. But the work isn't done. I think there will be many more hours of work to release new updates and make the tweak even better. For suggestions please contact us via email.

JOSH: You may have noticed that you have a little competition with WeeSpeeddial for Notification Center that does the exact same thing. What are you looking to do in terms of features and functionalities to make yours better? Also, are there any future updates coming soon that adds anything new and exciting?
    TIM: Yeah, I noticed that there is another tweak which nearly does the same thing. But it's not a real competion. Both widgets have there own advantages. Our widget uses the contacts right from your mobile phone favorites, while the other widget creates their own favorite list.

We will work hard to make Favorite Contacts even better. After we work out a log of what we are working on, our first major update with a better language support, a settings panel and exciting new functions will be released. You will be able decide if the call/message should start automatically, display the contact labels, and show four or five contacts per page. You can see that this widget has enough power to be one of the most popular Notification Center additions.

Tim was gracious enough to donate 10 free copies for a giveaway to our readers on ModMyi. Here's how you can enter and possibly win:

The winners of the giveaway have been picked. If you did not get a mention from me on Twitter or Google+, sorry! But don't worry - there's much more to come!

Source(s): Tim Trinkles
    Last edited by Joshua Tucker; 10-19-2011 at 09:48 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I always forget to use my "Favorite Contacts" tab... cause there always at the top of my recent calls lol but i i cant wait for a 4s jb so i can try some of these new tweaks i guess my regular i4 is gonna have to be a fancy ipod for now

In my opinion cydialer of Saurik's is much better than this app. When cydget will be updated?

I've just a question.
    When i try to send a message with favorite contact, i cant.. send is grey and the picture logo also.
    So, cannot use it.
    Sorry for my english, i'm french.

Official SaurikIT Support
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hotman View Post
    In my opinion cydialer of Saurik's is much better than this app. When cydget will be updated?
    Cydget and Cydialer have been updated to be compatible with iOS 5, if you're still interested.