+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Walmart Sells iPhone 4S For $188 On Contract

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    Thanks

Default Walmart Sells iPhone 4S For $188 On Contract

If you still havenít bought an iPhone 4S and you are in the market, then you're in luck! Bargain hunters might be keen on jumping on the iPhone 4S at Walmart, which is currently the cheapest place to buy the 4S. You can currently grab the black or white iPhone 4S 16GB model for just $188. The deal is valid for either AT&T or Verizon with a two-year contract. The usual price for the iPhone 4S is $199 with a contract and $649 without. This makes the $188 deal somewhat reasonable offering $11 off the original asking price.

It is rare to see a 5% discount on a new Apple product, especially the newest iPhone, which is generally always sold at full price. Right now, as far as we know, Walmart is the only retailers in the US that is selling the iPhone 4S for lower than the MSRP. The one caveat is that you will have to go to the store to purchase the device. Despite the sale price being listed on the Walmart website, youíll still have to go in. This means that if your local store is sold out, you wonít be able to get the discount until they get to restock.

Although many loyal Apple customers have their iPhone 4S already, for those of you who donít, this is a decent way to save a bit of money.

Will any of you be hitting the nearest Walmart to jump on the deal?

Source: Walmart

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Hmmmmmm will think about this

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

If only the 4S could be $500-550 w/o contract Now that's when I would be able to afford a new iPhone lol. $649 + tax, selling my ViPhone wouldn't even cover half of that cost AND I still have another year and a half before I get discounted pricing If I were a new customer though, I suppose this is a nice deal lol.

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

I agree Annie on that. Like when they had at target. Trade in ya 3GS and git the iPhone 4 for 50 bucks

Green Apple
    Thanks
    will happily pay the extra $$ at the att store.

Thanks

Yah I mean a discount is a discount.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

wow $11!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Italia411's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rryyddeerr View Post
    will happily pay the extra $$ at the att store.
    Seriously, Sam Walton would be rolling in his grave if he knew what his company has turned into.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I'd go for it if I can only sell my less than 2 month old 16GB 3GS which I got when my old 3GS battery went kaput. I never sell anything on Ebay or craigslist and Ebay is offering me $165, target only $110 for a trade-in. I am a month out of contract with AT&T and just want to get something close to what it would cost to get the 4S with a 2 year.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Will Apple be doing the "Trade in your iPhone 4 and get the 4s"? Man that woyld be great.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Those of you in CA should also know that Walmart only charges tax on the $188 price and not on $599 like Apple and AT&T. So that will save you some good money also. I'm pretty sure it'll stay at $188. Last August I bought my iPhone 4 two months after it came out for that price.

Quote Originally Posted by ehren88888 View Post
    I'd go for it if I can only sell my less than 2 month old 16GB 3GS which I got when my old 3GS battery went kaput. I never sell anything on Ebay or craigslist and Ebay is offering me $165, target only $110 for a trade-in. I am a month out of contract with AT&T and just want to get something close to what it would cost to get the 4S with a 2 year.
    $200? It's not the best deal ever, but I've a customer that needs one. Idk how to work out a payment. I'm working in that with someone else on here.

Thanks

I will sell my iPhone but not online and I'm gonna get a 4S I'm sure I'm gonna get more than $350 for my phone

Livin the iPhone Life Bluemoldycheeze88's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by trevorrawson View Post
    Those of you in CA should also know that Walmart only charges tax on the $188 price and not on $599 like Apple and AT&T. So that will save you some good money also. I'm pretty sure it'll stay at $188. Last August I bought my iPhone 4 two months after it came out for that price.
    Man that is great news about the taxes.. I wonder if my friend who happens to work at Walmart Mobile gets an employee discount on top of that $188.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    If only the 4S could be $500-550 w/o contract Now that's when I would be able to afford a new iPhone lol. $649 + tax, selling my ViPhone wouldn't even cover half of that cost AND I still have another year and a half before I get discounted pricing If I were a new customer though, I suppose this is a nice deal lol.
    I am also havign same price, if it was the same, I mean if the price was just same and there was no contract at all, then I could afford it, but now i have to wait a few months till someone get bored of it, and then they want to sell it, then i will buy it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Here in Canada, the 16 GB is $169, 32 is $269, and 64 is $369. o_o Those are with a contract, though.

Thanks

I work at Wal-Mart in the Electronics department and we received 16 4S devices, all of which sold out. Lol.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Walmart the 1 uper