+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1 Out of 3 Eligible Devices Already Have iOS 5 Installed

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default 1 Out of 3 Eligible Devices Already Have iOS 5 Installed

iOS 5 is already a very popular update for iDevice users.

iOS 5 has countless new features, which you can read more about here, that are so appealing that it's causing millions of people to update their devices (even instead of having an untethered jailbreak). The mobile operating system by Apple has been so successful that, just 5 days after its launch, it's already running on 33% of all eligible iDevices around the world! iOS 5 has brought several of our dreams into reality that were once impossible without jailbreaking our devices and installing the third party tweaks that developers made to improve on iOS. While iOS 5 won't stop jailbreaking it will only enhance it, it sure does make a lot of people consider if jailbreaking is even worth the trouble anymore. With Notification Center replacing MobileNotifier, LockInfo, and CallBar, and numerous other features of iOS 5 kicking some of the most sought after tweaks in Cydia out of bounds, jailbreaking hasn't lost its touch, however it has been challenged.

So back to the numbers. These numbers do not include the iPhone 4S, because it would be an unfair candidate to include in the numbers since it comes preinstalled with iOS 5. The idea behind counting these numbers is based solely on which devices have been updated to iOS 5. Here are the statistics from localytics:

The numbers in devices that have been updated to run iOS 5, in case the picture above doesn't load, are as follows:
    • 36% of iPad 2's
    • 35% of iPhone 4's
    • 33% of original iPad's
    • 27% of iPhone 3GS's
    • 23% of iPod Touch 3G's
    • 17% of iPod Touch 4G's

So, it appears that Apple has done something very right with iOS 5. Users are speaking out by downloading it at absurdly fast rates. Just 5 days... and 33% of the world's eligible iDevices are running it. Very impressive, Apple.

Do you have an iDevice running iOS 5? If you do, share below!

Sources: TechCrunch

Thanks
    My i4 and 3GS have it but I wish I would have waited because the iPod app has glitches I keep having to restart because the music quits playing

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mlitz69 View Post
    My i4 and 3GS have it but I wish I would have waited because the iPod app has glitches I keep having to restart because the music quits playing
    My iPhone 4 doesn't have an iPod app. They split it into Music and Videos in iOS 5.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mlitz69 View Post
    Yeah I have the same problem which sucks because I usually am on my motorcycle when this happens and it's kind of hard to just restart the music.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yep running ios 5 tethered jailbreak on my itouch 4g (wishes it was untethered)

Green Apple
    Thanks

my own ipt 4g and a 3GS that a friend brought me to fix/unlock (I'm keeping it for a few more days till I give it back ^^)

iPhone? More like MyPhone iSteed's Avatar
    Thanks

Nope... Still on 4.3.3 on my phone and ipad2. Won't upgrade until I can get an untethered jailbreak. It sucks cause I'd really like to to upgrade but I can't lose mywi on demand among other things

Thanks
    Thanked 1,085 Times in 437 Posts

Ooh me and my 4g touch are a minority

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

3GS on iOS 5 untethered jb ftw! While waiting for the 4s to be delivered

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hoe does ios5 replace callbar if i may ask?

Green Apple
    Thanks

My cousin bought the iPhone 4 last week and it came pre installed with iOS5

Thanks

i managed to instal iOS5 on my iPad first generation but i still can't get iOS5 on my iP4... <>

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iSteed View Post
    Nope... Still on 4.3.3 on my phone and ipad2. Won't upgrade until I can get an untethered jailbreak. It sucks cause I'd really like to to upgrade but I can't lose mywi on demand among other things
    I'm on the same boat as you !!! Love mywi!!!!

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks

Two of my iPhones can't upgrade to it and two can so did the two that can and I did my iPad 64 and iPad 2 and still have to do my iPad 16 Gb. Its taken me a couple of days to get all of this stuff updated... lol

Thanks

No! I'm still runing iOS 4.3.3 I'm waiting till my 4S comes to try iOS 5
    I need to be jailbroken to setup my mms feature on h2o , it sucks ;(

Thanks

Running it on iPhone 4, the music glitching is from album artwork, I can shuffle through fast until a song with artwork then it slows down/freezes up. ( the whole app runs slower altogether though)

Notification center is cool, don't see how it replaces callbar either though? There will always be a point in jail breaking lol. I can't wait to see themes for the notification center, or maybe different voices for Siri etc.

Apple is just taking ideas that cydia's had around for ages, their new iOS is nothing "revolutionary"

Apple Should pay the lock info devs a small fee for discovering such a tweak months before them...or maybe android? Lol@ notification center running and looking exactly like lock info, with less options.

Wish I was still at 4.3.3 ios5 doesn't seem like enough to steer off jailbreakers, can't wait for it to be untethered.
    Fix mobile substrate for iOS7 ---http://modmyi.com/showthread.php?t=832837

Green Apple
    Thanks

Last Wed. I had to get my iPhone 4 32GB replaced and the refurbished one came with 4.3.5 but had been jailbroken before because it had 4.3.1, 4.3.2, 4.3.3, and 4.35 shsh on Cydia's server. I am staying on 4.3.3 until all of the app store and tweaks that I use are updated for 5.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kory569 View Post
    Last Wed. I had to get my iPhone 4 32GB replaced and the refurbished one came with 4.3.5 but had been jailbroken before because it had 4.3.1, 4.3.2, 4.3.3, and 4.35 shsh on Cydia's server.
    Same boat , m refurbished one came with 4.3.5. Never thought to check for saved blobs though.... Your pretty lucky lol
    Fix mobile substrate for iOS7 ---http://modmyi.com/showthread.php?t=832837

Thanks

My mistake everyone. I confused callbar with a function of MobileNotifier.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by katsumex View Post
    Yep running ios 5 tethered jailbreak on my itouch 4g (wishes it was untethered)
    I updated to iOS 5 a day from when it came out and I'm already missing my jailbreak from 4.3.3. The problem is that I don't want to downgrade back either or do a tethered jailbreak for iOS 5.