+ Reply
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple's 2012 Redesigned iPhone 5 Was Steve Jobs' Last Hurrah

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
The significantly redesigned iPhone 5 we expected to see earlier this month won't be unveiled until 2012. But perhaps what's most noteworthy about this report is that the iPhone 5
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,471 Times in 558 Posts

Default Apple's 2012 Redesigned iPhone 5 Was Steve Jobs' Last Hurrah

The significantly redesigned iPhone 5 we expected to see earlier this month won't be unveiled until 2012. But perhaps what's most noteworthy about this report is that the iPhone 5 will represent the last iPhone refresh that late Apple icon Steve Jobs was heavily involved with. Saying that Jobs was "intimately involved" with the iPhone 5 is
    Rodman & Renshaw analyst Ashok Kumar.

The iPhone 4S is not the last major project that Steve Jobs worked on.
    Kumar reveals in a note to investors Monday that his sources at Apple confirm that the iPhone 5 will, indeed, be significantly redesigned. The next iPhone "will have a slimmer profile and larger screen size but with the same dimensions as the iPhone 4S ... The iPhone is also expected to have LTE, or Long Term Evolution--what's sometimes referred to as 4G."

Hearing the same thing from another connected informer, Brooke Crothers of CNET reports Monday that "another source, who I spoke with this week and who claims to have knowledge of the redesign, said the iPhone 5 is a 'complete redesign.' This is a very large project that Steve dedicated all of his time to. He was not that involved in the 4S because his time was limited."

On the staggeringly successful opening weekend launch of the iPhone 4S, it's unlikely that anyone wants to expend much energy on iPhone 5 rumors today. But the rumor of the redesign isn't the story here. The story is that the next iPhone will be another Steve Jobs' brainchild. While we've all heard that Jobs' had mapped out a future product strategy for Apple before his passing, this is the first we're hearing about Jobs being intimately involved with the design of an iPhone that's another generation ahead of the model introduced just three days ago.

Source: CNET

iPhone? More like MyPhone tankz504's Avatar
    Thanks

Damn it!!! Gotta buy another one. Oh well it's gonna be sweet.

Banned
    Thanks

So we will have to wait till the iPhone 6 to get a good phone instead of a gimmic?I hope they start putting in features people want and stop removing features it had and should have.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Let the new rumors begin!

My iPhone is a Part of Me lillewis51's Avatar
    Thanks

it wont be until iphone 6 or another mac or ipod refresh that we see if apple can still produce without steve

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    So we will have to wait till the iPhone 6 to get a good phone instead of a gimmic?I hope they start putting in features people want and stop removing features it had and should have.
    What makes you think the 5 won't be a "good" phone as you say? I swear some people are so pessimistic!

This makes me want to wait for this next one, but I'm not sure if I can deal with my POS 3GS for another 7-8 months.

My iPhone is a Part of Me lillewis51's Avatar
    Thanks

it wont be until iphone 6 (after iphone 5s :P) or a new mac or ipod refresh that we see if apple can still live up to their name without steve..

iPhone? More like MyPhone ccoltmanm's Avatar
    Thanks

As much as I hate to say it and as much as I think apple doesn't need to do it, this will be used as a marketing ploy to get zealots to buy a shrine like object.

My iPhone is a Part of Me EskimoRuler's Avatar
    Thanks

How does the naming of the iPhones work. I would think that the next iPhone would be iPhone 6, Seeing how it will be the 6th phone. Isn't that why there was iPhone 4, the forth phone. Yea they called this last one 4s, but its because its just a remake of the 4? The 4 didnt stand for anything, it wasnt 4G.

Idk, im just curious. Thats the way i look at it.
    You don't like the iPad because you don't have one!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Yes, I'm sure he was. Then again, saying that will probably increase sales so who really knows.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

The Next phone will be called the 6, regardless of it's real name. It's going to be the 6th generation iphone.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,679 Times in 830 Posts

This does not surprise me one bit. Looks like I'll be waiting another year to join the iPhone cult.

Quote Originally Posted by Colby21 View Post
    The Next phone will be called the 6, regardless of it's real name. It's going to be the 6th generation iphone.
    Um, no.
    Last edited by Jahooba; 10-17-2011 at 10:41 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickGSR94 View Post
    What makes you think the 5 won't be a "good" phone as you say? I swear some people are so pessimistic!

This makes me want to wait for this next one, but I'm not sure if I can deal with my POS 3GS for another 7-8 months.
    I thing he was referring to the NEXT iPhone as the iPhone 6. I don't know why people keep saying iPhone 5 there will never be an iPhone called 5 the 4S IS the 5th generation. The next one will most likely be called 6 or something else.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    This does not surprise me one bit. Looks like I'll be waiting another year to join the iPhone cult.

Um, no.
    um, ya! why the hell would you call it the 5? just because 5 comes after 4? It's just going to be called the 6th because it's the 6th gen iphone. Count them out, on your hands if you have to. Also, it's going to have the A6 quad core processor. so stfu!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mutethoughts View Post
    I thing he was referring to the NEXT iPhone as the iPhone 6. I don't know why people keep saying iPhone 5 there will never be an iPhone called 5 the 4S IS the 5th generation. The next one will most likely be called 6 or something else.
    If that is true then your theory does not prove correct when you take in account the 3GS. they went from 3G..3GS to 4.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    If it's not called the iPhone 6 I'm not gonna get it. Just like everyone didn't get the 4s because it wasn't the 5. -.-

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

um, ya! why the hell would you call it the 5? just because 5 comes after 4? It's just going to be called the 6th because it's the 6th gen iphone. Count them out, on your hands if you have to. Also, it's going to have the A6 quad core processor. so stfu!
    First no need to be all pissed off and second think before you put numbers in everything. There was 3G then 3GS then 4 and 4S so what makes u think there won't be another 5 and 5S?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ssjbrolly View Post
    First no need to be all pissed off and second think before you put numbers in everything. There was 3G then 3GS then 4 and 4S so what makes u think there won't be another 5 and 5S?
    Because when the iphone 4 came out it actually WAS the 4th generation iphone. Why don't you take a second think?

Thanks

Its going to be iphone if its not iphone 4gs because people would be asking wtf happen to 5 and it just wouldnt make sense going from 4 to 6

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

What makes you so sure of this? The iPhone 4s is the 5th generation phone and its not called the iPhone 5. If you still believe all the hype after this last speculation-marathon we had for 6 months or longer even. I for one am not believing anything I read about iDevices in the future until its released. Apple will call it, what they call it, what the name of the device is not gonna affect the overall sale of the device...we all know we are going to buy it!

+ Reply
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast