Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 83

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Apple's 2012 Redesigned iPhone 5 Was Steve Jobs' Last Hurrah

  1. #21
    What about the 3Gs that was the same gimmick as the now 4s.

  2. #22
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Mtl, Canada
    Posts
    190
    Thanks
    18
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    very nice publicity stunt. he was not very involved with a phone that was just released after his death. but a lot more involved with a phone that wont be released for another year? makes perfect sense

  3. #23
    It would be called "4G" or "6" possibly. "iPhone XL" if they ever increase the screen size😉

  4. #24
    Green Apple Fender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    San Francisco CA
    Posts
    46
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 8 Times in 4 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by justinpotter81 View Post
    It would be called "4G" or "6" possibly. "iPhone XL" if they ever increase the screen size😉
    Giving it a name like XL for a larger screen size would circumvent the numbers game that has so many grown men fighting like children already. To be honest, the thing could be called the purple box that makes the interwebs work fast and people will STILL buy it. A rose by any other name...

  5. #25
    Next year, the iPhone won't be called the iPhone 5. It'll be called iPhone 6 or iPhone 4G. It's the 6th generation iPhone. Or it'll have 4G network and that's why it'll be called iPhone 4G.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Fender View Post
    Giving it a name like XL for a larger screen size would circumvent the numbers game that has so many grown men fighting like children already. To be honest, the thing could be called the purple box that makes the interwebs work fast and people will STILL buy it. A rose by any other name...
    Lol very true , purple box that makes the interwebs work fast, is too short don't u think?
    iPhone Magnum X.L. Would be my final answer

  7. #27
    The iPhone 5 better be mind blowing out of this world device worthy of memory towards Steve Jobs. And please put Steve Job's name on it.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by mukhtarh1 View Post
    Next year, the iPhone won't be called the iPhone 5. It'll be called iPhone 6 or iPhone 4G. It's the 6th generation iPhone. Or it'll have 4G network and that's why it'll be called iPhone 4G.
    I concur

  9. #29
    iPhone? More like MyPhone SwatPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Orlando, Fl.
    Posts
    151
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 11 Times in 6 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by mukhtarh1 View Post
    Next year, the iPhone won't be called the iPhone 5. It'll be called iPhone 6 or iPhone 4G. It's the 6th generation iPhone. Or it'll have 4G network and that's why it'll be called iPhone 4G.
    Right You are Ken.

  10. #30
    I heard he was so far in advance with ideas and prototypes I heard well stop seeing/hearing his ideas for seven years. (don't quote me)

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin9825 View Post
    If that is true then your theory does not prove correct when you take in account the 3GS. they went from 3G..3GS to 4.
    His "theory" is spot-on. The iPhone 3G would have been more appropriately named iPhone 2 and the 3GS should have been named iPhone 3. Instead, Apple capitalized on using 3G as a marketing ploy, kicking off the confusion.

    Gen 1 - iPhone
    Gen 2 - iPhone 3G
    Gen 3 - iPhone 3GS
    Gen 4 - iPhone 4
    Gen 5 - iPhone 4S

    Quote Originally Posted by mukhtarh1 View Post
    Next year, the iPhone won't be called the iPhone 5. It'll be called iPhone 6 or iPhone 4G. It's the 6th generation iPhone. Or it'll have 4G network and that's why it'll be called iPhone 4G.
    I hope they just name it iPhone 6 and move on. An acquaintance still argues with me that there was an iPhone 2 thanks to the idiots that dubbed the original iPhone "iPhone 2G". If they call the next one iPhone 4G, I may just smack him when he revamps his argument to use 4G as proof that there was a 2G.

  12. #32
    what about both.. " the iPhone 6 4G" lmao
    Last edited by g12007; 10-17-2011 at 12:42 PM.

  13. #33
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Evansville Indiana
    Posts
    50
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by justinpotter81 View Post
    It would be called "4G" or "6" possibly. "iPhone XL" if they ever increase the screen size
    All they need to do is make a larger screen and add flash thats it!
    Apple needs to add flash to the iphone!!

  14. #34
    iPhone? More like MyPhone smuggler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    atlanta, ga
    Posts
    193
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts

    this brings a tear of joy to my eye

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    This does not surprise me one bit. Looks like I'll be waiting another year to join the iPhone cult.



    Um, no.
    Um, yeah.

    iPhone 1 = iPhone 2G
    iPhone 2 = iPhone 3G
    iPhone 3 = iPhone 3GS
    iPhone 4 = iPhone 4
    iPhone 5 = iPhone 4S
    iPhone 6 = iPhone 5

    I think it'd be stupid to call it the iPhone 5, and I'd be surprised if that's what Apple calls it. I imagine it's what the journalists are calling it right now because everyone knows exactly what they're referring to.

  16. #36
    Starbucks Artist mmaboi21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Bakersfield CA.
    Posts
    2,405
    Thanks
    163
    Thanked 207 Times in 160 Posts

    Why don't we wait til they announce it to give it a name...

  17. #37
    I love how so many people are SO positive the iPhone will be called a specific name. I guess everyone works for the iPhone team developing the iPhones. I mean how ELSE would you be so definite about the name?...incase you didn't realize by now, that's complete sarcasm. WHO CARES WHAT IT'LL BE CALLED!...5, 6, Xl, iPenis, it just doesn't matter! So get off your high horse and find another topic to ruin. Kids these days

  18. #38
    You guys are all wrong. It will be called the FiVEPhone.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by iDeadman View Post
    I love how so many people are SO positive the iPhone will be called a specific name. I guess everyone works for the iPhone team developing the iPhones. I mean how ELSE would you be so definite about the name?...incase you didn't realize by now, that's complete sarcasm. WHO CARES WHAT IT'LL BE CALLED!...5, 6, Xl, iPenis, it just doesn't matter! So get off your high horse and find another topic to ruin. Kids these days
    So, iDeadman, how is the view from that saddle? I'll bet you can see for miles...

  20. #40
    iPhone 5 makes the most sense. They've never named the phones after what generation they are. They only do that with iPods. Skipping a number would make everyone confused.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •