+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Sells 4 Million iPhone 4Ss Over Weekend, Shatters Records

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Apple Sells 4 Million iPhone 4Ss Over Weekend, Shatters Records

Four million units in three days. That’s how many iPhone 4Ss Apple sold over the weekend.

Apple confirmed the unprecedented number, predicted by a few analysts, in a press release this morning. The iPhone 4 managed to sell 1.7 million units in its first three days of availability by comparison. Even more telling is the comparison between Apple and its competitors. The Samsung Galaxy S ll took 55 days to reach 4 million units sold.

A number of factors played into the 4S’s record breaking weekend. Last year the iPhone 4 only launched on a single carrier (AT&T) in the U.S. This year it was available simultaneously on all three major U.S. carriers in addition to launching in the U.S., U.K., Australia, Canada, France, Germany and Japan. The 4S will be available in 70 more countries by the year's end.

Another factor is timing. A number of iPhone 3G and 3GS users' contracts were up, making the leap to an iPhone 4S much easier and more justifiable than the jump to the iPhone 4 last year. Also, Apple threw off their usual release cycle timing as the iPhone 4S released nearly 4 months later than usual, resulting in pent-up demand among potential buyers.

Also, Apple touted the 25 million users who upgraded to iOS 5 over the weekend. Apple’s senior VP of Worldwide Product Marketing, Phillip Schiller, mentioned in Apple’s press release the combination of iOS 5, iCloud and the 4s have resulted in “the best iPhone ever.”

Schiller is probably right, especially if you’re an Apple shareholder. However, if you’re an Apple critic, and one of the many who proclaimed the 4S a disappointment after its underwhelming announcement, Apple’s sales numbers have resulted in a giant serving of humble pie.

Source: Apple

My iPhone is a Part of Me LoringStudios's Avatar
    Thanks

So.. Did anyone else watch the news today during Steve Jobs Funeral? What's the deal with the news saying there will be an iPhone5 by years end??
    Loring Studios Graphic Design Company | Serving the world, one cool job at a time.
    Graphic Design | Vehicle Wraps | Website Design | Large Format Printing

Thanks
    I upgraded to the ip4 I will wait till the ip5 or what ever there gonna call it maybe it will have 4G LTE.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Muhahahhaha. Thank you everyone who ditched on Apple stock when Job's left and caused it to go down to $360 allowing us to buy more. It is now back up to over $425.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Judging by the photo this is obviously an iphone 4

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LoringStudios View Post
    So.. Did anyone else watch the news today during Steve Jobs Funeral? What's the deal with the news saying there will be an iPhone5 by years end??
    That would be super glad i did not waste both my upgrades Apple knows what they are doing keeping my fingers and toes crossed best news to start a Monday with.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LoringStudios View Post
    I wouldn't rely on the news when it comes to technology, the iPhone 4S IS the 5th generation iPhone the next iPhone will most likely be called the iPhone 6 and I don't doubt very seriously Apple will be releasing a new iPhone before next summer or fall. Next refresh should be the Macs or iPad.

Thanks

Wow, that's amazing! That is some serious dough.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by boxxa View Post
    Muhahahhaha. Thank you everyone who ditched on Apple stock when Job's left and caused it to go down to $360 allowing us to buy more. It is now back up to over $425.
    Im so pissed I didn't invest.. What was your profit margin?

Thanks

4million I haven't got mine yet so it will be 4,000,001 soon

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mutethoughts View Post
    the iPhone 4S IS the 5th generation iPhone the next iPhone will most likely be called the iPhone 6 and I don't doubt very seriously Apple will be releasing a new iPhone before next summer or fall. Next refresh should be the Macs or iPad.
    Are you serious? You really think Apple will call the next iPhone the iPhone 6? And just completely skip 5? You do realize there was the iPhone 3G, followed by the iPhone 3GS, which was then followed by the iPhone 4. Using your logic, the iPhone 4 would have been named the iPhone 5.

Absolutely NO WAY Apple skips 5 and goes to 6. I hope you were joking. If so, I apologize.
    El Zurdo

Thanks

Well of course any minor upgrade is going to make the best iPhone ever, you don't even need a combination of them. I don't think it's been the biggest update though.

Quote Originally Posted by johnsmith112 View Post
    Why doesn't apple sell the iphone here in America unlocked I would pay good money for it too.
    They probably get paid off by the carriers.
    Last edited by Zokunei; 10-18-2011 at 08:08 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

^ um, the do sell it unlocked at the Apple store now.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by boxxa View Post
    Please. How many shares did you buy? 2 maybe 3. Come on. At $360 a share, that stock is reserved for the filthy rich. You aren't fooling anyone. Nobody on here is buying hundreds or even thousands of apple stock shares at those prices. The only thing apple you are buying at that price is an iphone. I love how this guy says "us" like hes buying up cheap apple stock at $360 a share......LOL