+ Reply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T iPhone 4S Upgraders Get Messaging Plan Changes

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
AT&T always has some kind of trick up their sleeve.... AT&T customers who have upgraded to an iPhone 4S need to double check their account settings. Anyone who upgraded might
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,071 Times in 787 Posts

Default AT&T iPhone 4S Upgraders Get Messaging Plan Changes

AT&T always has some kind of trick up their sleeve....

AT&T customers who have upgraded to an iPhone 4S need to double check their account settings. Anyone who upgraded might have had their text messaging and calling plan funked with. Back in the day when you had your old iPhone, you used to have unlimited text messaging and calling to and from any mobile to mobile in the U.S. Apparently, that has changed. Now AT&T users are reporting that their account settings have changed to the same $20/month bill but with different features. Now, the new change is that you have unlimited text messaging, with free unlimited calling to AT&T customers only. However you will have to pay for the minutes that you use elsewhere. More information can be seen in the image below:

As you can see, both plans cost the exact same figure of $20/month. One of them just has less features. Users who upgraded to the iPhone 4S are reporting being automatically switched to the cheaper deal. If this includes you, I recommend that you get on the phone with an AT&T agent immediately before you wait too long and they refuse to change anything.

You may want to take a closer look at your bill if you have upgraded to the new iPhone 4S. I also recommend anyone that has done this for other carriers to also look at their bills to make sure that everything is straight and dandy.

If you have upgraded to the iPhone 4S and have this same issue, leave a comment below.

Sources: Cult of Mac
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 10-17-2011 at 07:49 AM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I'm pretty sure it wasn't on purpose. In fact, they automatically changed me the other direction a month ago. Why would they take it away? They even sent me a postcard in the mail bragging about the new feature. I'm guessing it was just an unexpected upgrade bug.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Italia411's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by z6joker9 View Post
    I'm pretty sure it wasn't on purpose. In fact, they automatically changed me the other direction a month ago. Why would they take it away? They even sent me a postcard in the mail bragging about the new feature. I'm guessing it was just an unexpected upgrade bug.
    I agree, their free mobile to mobile feature is all over their advertisements. I bet it's the people who upgraded at Walmart lol..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

you still have unlimited text messaging. you just don't have the free mobile to any mobile calling. what kind of writer doesn't know how to read?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Oh you guys must be referring to the unlimited Mobile-to-Mobile to calling within the U.S.

Four is right. I forgot to mention the "cheaper" version of the unlimited text plan is for people with plans that don't qualify, e.g. the cheapest voice plans (29.99 seniors plans and the 69.99 family plans) only get u unlimited mobile-to-mobile calling within the AT&T Network.
    Last edited by Legallukacs80; 10-16-2011 at 11:38 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

botched article is botched

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,691 Times in 717 Posts

i make it a good practice when making changes or upgrades to reconfirm that other features haven't changed or remain the same.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,274 Times in 652 Posts

thanks for the post, just checked and att did this to me

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

If you have a family plan with unlimited mobile to any mobile than it won't change your plan. But if it is just a single phone plan than att screws you over.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I dunno but I do see in there that u have unlimited txt and mobile to mobileBtw that mobile to mobile its ALL mobile not just AT&T ShrugI don't understand this so called news

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Italia411 View Post
    I agree, their free mobile to mobile feature is all over their advertisements. I bet it's the people who upgraded at Walmart lol..
    ^^^^^Totally agree!! I used to work as an authorized agent for Verizon/AT&T at Best Buy and Walmart and saw that kind of thing happen a lot. Since we were on commission and were heavily drilled on selling messaging, data, etc., some of the other agents would throw plans with similar features of the same cost so that THEY get the monies for it. What's messed up is how the managers allowed all of it to happen...Anyway, stick with corporate AT&T and Apple so you don't get screwed by some greedy kid working a sales job. Most problems with billing happen because of those authorized agents.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mori View Post
    I dunno but I do see in there that u have unlimited txt and mobile to mobileBtw that mobile to mobile its ALL mobile not just AT&T ShrugI don't understand this so called news
    He was just saying that you may have been switch over without you knowledge. It was more of a heads up, your plan may have changed. Not that the original plan doesn't exist anymore. You just may have to go and switch back.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Legallukacs80 View Post
    Oh you guys must be referring to the unlimited Mobile-to-Mobile to calling within the U.S.

Four is right. I forgot to mention the "cheaper" version of the unlimited text plan is for people with plans that don't qualify, e.g. the cheapest voice plans (29.99 seniors plans and the 69.99 family plans) only get u unlimited mobile-to-mobile calling within the AT&T Network.
    I have the 69.99 family plan with 700 minutes, plus my 22% FAN discount, and I have the unlimited mobile to any mobile plan. I have not upgraded to the 4s, still on a 4. No questions asked when I signed up for it. Nothing about not being eligible on my current plan.

Thanks

The wife and I have never been much for texting, maybe 100 per month. Been happy with the $5/200 plan for years. They cancelled that on me this upgrade and put me on pay per text.... The ONLY option we had was the family unlimited plan, which may be the last straw for us......

Thanks

What is there to contest here? The people out there who had a 2-for-1 feature were switched over to a single feature without their knowing. Most likely it is a bug in their system, but it is still noteworthy. Would any of you like it if you had been switched without your knowing, or consent? At least now that the word is out (at least on MMi) people can check and fix it.

Thanks

H2O Wireless (AT&T MVNO) they have a unlimited plan for $60/month any one using an AT&T iPhone don't need to unlock due it's a virtual network from AT&T same coverage 3G speeds and FaceTime enabled, check it out

Quote Originally Posted by duromega View Post
    H2O Wireless (AT&T MVNO) they have a unlimited plan for $60/month any one using an AT&T iPhone don't need to unlock due it's a virtual network from AT&T same coverage 3G speeds and FaceTime enabled, check it out
    Remember you can keep your current number
    Last edited by duromega; 10-17-2011 at 02:56 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

The beauty of being on Pay as you go in England.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The_13th_Plague View Post
    The wife and I have never been much for texting, maybe 100 per month. Been happy with the $5/200 plan for years. They cancelled that on me this upgrade and put me on pay per text.... The ONLY option we had was the family unlimited plan, which may be the last straw for us......
    Dido for me on the 200 for $5. Wasn't too happy the only options are pay per text or unlimited for $20. To top it off, I had to call to get mine activated and the moron that activated it took me off the unlimited data that I've been grandfathered into for the last 2 1/2 years! And I specifically put it on unlimited on the preorder. Now I'm going through claims. TICKED!!

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

I never complain about articles on this site. This article is the exception. This article is really, really bad. The author sounds like a writer for a Verizon or Sprint blog. Doesn't at all mention that there is a high probability this is a mistake by AT&T, he just assumes it is AT&T trying to rip off customers. As people have mentioned, AT&T is heavily advertising the NEW feature of unlimited texting + unlimited mobile to mobile on any carrier. Author has his facts wrong. It has not ALWAYS been unlimited mobile to mobile on any carrier, only unlimited to other AT&T customers. Please, at least a little research.
    El Zurdo

iPhone? More like MyPhone MOJO5873's Avatar
    Thanks

Mine is the same. Thanks for the heads up.