+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T iPhone 4S Upgraders Get Messaging Plan Changes

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by The_13th_Plague The wife and I have never been much for texting, maybe 100 per month. Been happy with the $5/200 plan for years. They cancelled that on
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The_13th_Plague View Post
    The wife and I have never been much for texting, maybe 100 per month. Been happy with the $5/200 plan for years. They cancelled that on me this upgrade and put me on pay per text.... The ONLY option we had was the family unlimited plan, which may be the last straw for us......
    I'm on the 200 messaging too, but other reports said if you upgrade in store they let you keep it. I will find out soon once my AT&T store gets more in...

Thanks

I have AT&T and I have just called after reading this,, they specifically said this is a huge selling advertisement edge for them and that they wouldn't change it on their customers without notifying them, so where ever this rumor came from, thanx for putting me in a scare and having me on the phone with this stupid company @ the top of the morning!!!👎👎👎👎👎

Thanks

I swear, AT&T had better let us keep our $5/200 text plan, as we pretty much never go over that, and it'll be even less now probably when we're all on iOS5 with iMessage. At pay per text, I get a whopping 25 texts for that same $5 (if the 20 cents/per reports are true, which is an absolutely ludicrous amount).

Thanks

I had the unlim text and mobile to mobile before updating and I checked after reading this and they DID in fact change my plan to the simple unlim text. I changed my plan back to the correct option online.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

ATT's systems may default to that for unlimited messaging but I personally review my changes before confirming anything. I am not losing my unlimited data or messaging and getting the bill in the mail for over usage.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

disregard..

Green Apple
    Thanks

The wife and I have never been much for texting, maybe 100 per month. Been happy with the $5/200 plan for years. They cancelled that on me this upgrade and put me on pay per text.... The ONLY option we had was the family unlimited plan, which may be the last straw for us......
    Did you do it at an AT&T or apple store? I have 200 and at the apple store I got to keep mine. I suggest you call AT&T right away

Thanks

AT&T is not trying to be sneaky I think there systems just suck this type of thing usually happens when you order through a 3rd party or online. I would recommend going to an ACTUAL AT&T store to make purchases and account changes and preferably find a reliable rep and keep working with that same person. I always get A+ customer service at my local AT&T store.

P99
    Thanks
    I usually trust articles from MMi but this article is garbage and complete lies. Anthony Bouchard must be a fan of Verizon. This is not how AT&T treats their customers and this article should be removed.The Truth: AT&T's new messaging plan allows you to call ANY mobile phone unlimited for FREE. Your paid minutes go to land line calling. Therefore, if you mostly make calls to mobile phones, then you could lower your bill by downgrading your minute plan. I found this out when I called AT&T to lower my minutes because over 500 weren't being used. In total, I saved around $20 per month by switching to the new plan and lowering my minutes.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Eagleye's Avatar
    Thanks

Just checked my plan... Still have unlimited family messaging and unlimited mobile to ANY mobile for $30. Thanks for the heads up just in case.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Dranon's Avatar
    Thanks

IF you are using iphones its perfect because ios5 has unlimited imessage!

Quote Originally Posted by duromega View Post
    H2O Wireless (AT&T MVNO) they have a unlimited plan for $60/month any one using an AT&T iPhone don't need to unlock due it's a virtual network from AT&T same coverage 3G speeds and FaceTime enabled, check it out

Remember you can keep your current number
    PURETALKUSA is another MVNO that sits on ATT! Check out their rates! They even have data now if you want it but a iphone works perfectly on it with no jailbreaking !
    Last edited by Dranon; 10-17-2011 at 09:57 AM.

Thanks
    Anthony Bouchard sir, no disrespect but your article is 100% backwards. At&t has only offered unlimited mobile to mobile calling only between At&t customers, and that had nothing to do with their messaging plan, it was part of every calling plan. The new feature is MOBILE TO ANY MOBILE CALLING, which is free calling between ALL cell phones no matter what carrier. Only Sprint had that up until At&t started around mid April. Notice it say "current" by the one they have prior to upgrading or during the upgrade, and "recommended" by the new feature. Same price better offer, not the other way around. z6joker9 was correct, At&t is in the process of changing ALL customers who currently have unlimited messaging to the new plan with mobile to all mobiles, for the customers benefit, at absolutely no extra cost. Over the past few days I have seen a lot of customers upgrading online messing up their own plans by choosing the wrong options, and at least some of them have the sense to call or come in to make sure everything is the way that suits them best.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

@ ramprat....things may be different now; I don't know. All I know is that when I was looking into it, the cheapest plans in each category just got you the unlimited mobile-to-mobile for just AT&T. With that said, all of the posters are right, most of these "mistakes" seem to occur with

3rd party authorized sellers (Walmart, Best Buy, etc.) Best thing to do is go to the wireless store itself to setup account and download the wireless company's app/check website to make sure nothing is amiss.
    Last edited by Legallukacs80; 10-17-2011 at 11:15 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MrNewbdude View Post
    Anthony Bouchard sir, no disrespect but your article is 100% backwards. At&t has only offered unlimited mobile to mobile calling only between At&t customers, and that had nothing to do with their messaging plan, it was part of every calling plan. The new feature is MOBILE TO ANY MOBILE CALLING, which is free calling between ALL cell phones no matter what carrier. Only Sprint had that up until At&t started around mid April. Notice it say "current" by the one they have prior to upgrading or during the upgrade, and "recommended" by the new feature. Same price better offer, not the other way around. z6joker9 was correct, At&t is in the process of changing ALL customers who currently have unlimited messaging to the new plan with mobile to all mobiles, for the customers benefit, at absolutely no extra cost. Over the past few days I have seen a lot of customers upgrading online messing up their own plans by choosing the wrong options, and at least some of them have the sense to call or come in to make sure everything is the way that suits them best.
    @ MrNewbdude I totally agrees sounds like the man who wrote this article either:

A: Doesn't know what he is talking about / has not done is research
    B: Is a customer of a different carrier and is a "fanboy"
    or what I think
    C: Messed up his own plan when he upgraded online
    Terrible article, you (writer) sir need to do your research

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,055 Times in 773 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ibby03 View Post
    @ MrNewbdude I totally agrees sounds like the man who wrote this article either:

A: Doesn't know what he is talking about / has not done is research
    B: Is a customer of a different carrier and is a "fanboy"
    or what I think
    C: Messed up his own plan when he upgraded online
    Terrible article, you (writer) sir need to do your research
    I only wrote about what numerous people said they experienced. If it doesn't include you then you don't really need to read it.

EDIT: In case you haven't noticed, by a couple of the earlier comments (even Cody himself), this issue is a reality. It just doesn't affect everyone. That is why I wrote this – so that everyone can double check (phone companies have been known to be sneaky with bills to make more money).
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 10-17-2011 at 01:26 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by duromega View Post
    H2O Wireless (AT&T MVNO) they have a unlimited plan for $60/month any one using an AT&T iPhone don't need to unlock due it's a virtual network from AT&T same coverage 3G speeds and FaceTime enabled, check it out

Remember you can keep your current number
    I talked to their customer service and they told me that they don't provide micro sim card...

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by puissance000 View Post
    I talked to their customer service and they told me that they don't provide micro sim card...
    Micro sim card cutter. Look it up on google. Or just cut the card yourself.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iLoveWindows&iPhone View Post
    I never complain about articles on this site. This article is the exception. This article is really, really bad. The author sounds like a writer for a Verizon or Sprint blog. Doesn't at all mention that there is a high probability this is a mistake by AT&T, he just assumes it is AT&T trying to rip off customers. As people have mentioned, AT&T is heavily advertising the NEW feature of unlimited texting + unlimited mobile to mobile on any carrier. Author has his facts wrong. It has not ALWAYS been unlimited mobile to mobile on any carrier, only unlimited to other AT&T customers. Please, at least a little research.
    I frequently complain about articles on this site, but in this case I'll have to make an exception.
    The article may have been poorly written, it may have some facts mished and others mashed,
    but for identifying / warning people of a possible VERY SERIOUS PROBLEM that they should look into RIGHT AWAY, confirmed by Cody and non-MMi-site-administrator sources, yeah.

Keep up the good work Tony

(even if it were an "innocent mistake" on AT&T's part, its still going to be the customer's responsibility of arguing/begging/pleading to get AT&T to undo that "mistake". If the customer waits too long (not having read MMI, or heard about the problem) they're probably out of luck. Presence or absence of malice is irrelevant- repercussions of AT&T's actions are the issue.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Not sure if this is the right thread to say this, but since we're talking about customer service I'll give it a shot; is it worth sticking with AT&T? -- the issues presented by this article gives credence to the fact that while the technology may be good (I love GSM), people don't seem to know what they they're doing (the AT&T folks)...what do you think?

Green Apple
    Thanks

This definitely sounds somewhat bias out a 10 people i know that have upgraded to the iPhone 4S including my self none have had any issues with our accounts. Some did it in AT&T stores others online from AT&T and Apple and no issues. Also the only people that can't have the unlimited text w/ mobile to any mobile are individual plans under the 450 minute and family plans under the 700 minute. Lastly I strongly doubt AT&T or any carrier for that matter would remove a feature that they are pushing to keep current customers and gain new ones.