Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Siri Purposely Designed To Have A Slight Attitude

I told her I hated her and wished she would die. She said she'll remember that. Now I'm scared to go to sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by malevo View Post
    give me GLaDOS, I'm begging you
    haha. fat chance :P

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

Can't remember what I asked her but I said the word sh*t and she told me there was no need for profanity! lol

How come every one is talking about Siri as a 'she'? My Siri is Male - or at least has a very masculine voice?
    Is it possible to change Siri's gender?

lol nice
    Last edited by REmaster1989; 10-17-2011 at 01:51 AM.

I love Siri I have used it on the white AT&T variant its amazing and honestly more interactive than any of the competition!!!

My iPhone is a Part of Me keenpois0n's Avatar
    Thanks

I'd love to know Siri's stance on jailbreaking! can anyone ask her and screenshot back?

Very well know question....and a very intelligent answer

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

LOL, I was trying to set up a reminder and Siri understood what I wanted, but couldn't complete the task (due to problem with the reminder app). Getting frustrated, I asked why and Siri replied, I don't know, I wonder that myself sometimes. I burst out laughing and all my frustrations were gone. I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by nahzd View Post
    just thinkin' what if siri just suddenly had its own mind? (like those skynet, i robot, etc) this is freakin' scary duds!!xd
    lmao!

I don't have a 4S yet but I saw a few videos on YouTube , personally I think Siri its a kick-assdroid app!!
    Last edited by duromega; 10-17-2011 at 04:12 AM.

Thanks

Siriously Weird

Love the above site - it's getting updated all the time as people find different aspects to Siri's attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by tricky98 View Post
    How come every one is talking about Siri as a 'she'? My Siri is Male - or at least has a very masculine voice?
    Is it possible to change Siri's gender?
    Yes you can change the voice you have to go to settings general and click Siri then you can select a different voice.

what's stupid is I have the original Siri app and it ran just fine on my 3gs. I can't imagine apple made some amazing improvements to the front end that forbid it from working on the 3gs, let alone the 4, or the ipad 2.limiting Siri to the 4g is simply a marketing ploy to get more people to upgrade. there isn't enough to get me to move off of my 4 so i'll just wait for the 5..

You have to have almost perfect English at times. And it does not insert punctuation.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Go Gators's Avatar
    Thanks

Since Siri is the only new feature that is worth a damn on the new iPhone 4s, we are going to be reading article after article for the next year about how great Siri is. In my opinion, Siri is just a novelty that will wear off over the next few months. Who wants to be walking around talking to their phone all the time looking like a moron? I did have one other question. How is Siri a world changing event when it only works in the USA?

Okay, so last night I told Siri, "Open the pod bay doors," over and over and it started to get surly with me after awhile.Then I just started saying "Siri," like at least 20 times and eventually it vibrated my phone and said, "YES?"Then today, I think it still remembered last night, and when I tried to activate Siri, it cut me off, and said, "Uh oh, There seems to be a problem, Master."It continued to cut me off several times.I tried using the mic for typing and it cut me off again prematurely.I had to reset siri to get it to work again... but I worry that she won't forget or forgive.Be wary.

Quote Originally Posted by Comwiz View Post
    Okay, so last night I told Siri, "Open the pod bay doors," over and over and it started to get surly with me after awhile.Then I just started saying "Siri," like at least 20 times and eventually it vibrated my phone and said, "YES?"Then today, I think it still remembered last night, and when I tried to activate Siri, it cut me off, and said, "Uh oh, There seems to be a problem, Master."It continued to cut me off several times.I tried using the mic for typing and it cut me off again prematurely.I had to reset siri to get it to work again... but I worry that she won't forget or forgive.Be wary.
    Holy ****. Now it's just flat out denying me. It recognizes my input "Send a text message to XXX," pauses, and comes back, "Sorry, something has gone wrong, Master.."
    RUN!!!!
    Last edited by Comwiz; 10-17-2011 at 11:59 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Lombardo Joe's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by carlbgc View Post
    Of course it was 'purposely designed' like that.What, do you think it was actually designed to be friendly all the time but developed the attitude by itself?
    LOL nice.

Quote Originally Posted by iPhone Zarco View Post
    You have to have almost perfect English at times. And it does not insert punctuation.
    You dictate punctuation. Say 'period' for periods, 'question mark', etc.

http://blog.crushapps.com/2011/10/mo...iri-dictation/
    Last edited by Lombardo Joe; 10-18-2011 at 10:42 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by REmaster1989 View Post
    Very well know question....and a very intelligent answer
    Here is when I asked a few minutes ago.
    -img0008hz.png
    Last edited by Mookest; 10-18-2011 at 02:27 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast