Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: App Store App: 'PayUpSucker' Has Hidden Tethering Abilities

Hybrid View

Default App Store App: 'PayUpSucker' Has Hidden Tethering Abilities

Another tethering app slips past Apple's sorting tables.

To my knowledge, this only works on Macs. If you get it to work on Windows, leave a comment.

PayUpSucker is an app in the App Store that claims that all it does is create emails reminding people of I.O.U.'s and U.O.Me's. What sources are discovering, quickly, is that the app is actually a tethering app which is cloaked by a hidden identity as an I.O.U. reminder app. The app can currently be downloaded here in the App Store for 99 and if you want to try it, you better try it fast because once Apple figures out what it does, they will pull it, following the same demise as other tethering apps that have been caught on the App Store. One of such apps was Handy Light, which pretended to be a flashlight, however a certain combination of tapping colors would activate the tethering function that would allow you to share your 3G connection with your computer.

Of course, like jailbreak tweaks such as MyWi 5.0, and TetherMe, this app tethering function is fully functional on iOS 5. This app works without a jailbreak, so check out this guide if you want to try it. Just remember that it is against your carrier's T.O.S. to do this, and if you get reprimanded we are not at fault *You chose to try this.*

Begin by trying the app for yourself.
    • Step 1: tap on "IOU."
    • Step 2: type, "Its my data" without the apostrophe in the word, 'its.'
    • Step 3: notice the loading circle to the left of the screen. This means it's in tether mode.

Next, go into your System Preferences on your Mac and click on "Network." Click on your network name and select, "Create Network." Name it something, for example, "tether."

Next, connect your iPhone and the device that you want to tether to the tether network. For this guide, we are using an iPhone and tethering an iPad to the network. Go on your iPhone and on the network you made named tether, tap on the blue arrow at the right of it.

Next, tap on the, "static" button and input:
    • IP address: Static
    • IP address: 10.0.0.13
    • Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0

Next, start up your PayUpSucker app and follow the instructions on the image below:

Next, go on the device you wan to tether to; in this case an iPad, and enter this information in the same section of the network settings that you did on the iPhone:

Now you're all set. Good luck with your tethering! Don't get caught. Like most tethering apps, the more you use it the more likely you will get burned. If this worked for you, leave a comment below!

Sources: FSM

lol
    Last edited by thetoothfairy; 10-16-2011 at 07:06 PM. Reason: first

Thanks

Lol that's too funny.

another one. thats great lol it will be gone in mins now that EVERYONE will know about it

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

......annndd its gone.*South Park episode where the banker loses Stan's $100, Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by MetallicaFan1991 View Post
    ......annndd its gone.*South Park episode where the banker loses Stan's $100, Lol.
    It's still there prior to my search 10 seconds ago.

Quote Originally Posted by MetallicaFan1991 View Post
    Lmao!!!

Reviews say it is a scam.

iPhone? More like MyPhone sTrAnGe mOdS's Avatar
    Thanks

Haha, that's freakin' hilarious.

So you have to use a Mac in between devices?

Doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by moon#pie View Post
    Doesn't work.
    How are you using it? Which devices?

Default Even today it is on there. and guess what.... IT WORKS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by moon#pie View Post
    Doesn't work.
    I started off with no access after following the steps. but then i watched the video here and i realized that i had started the app then configured, after closing hte app and re-opening it i was online.

if you want any one to prove it... here is a link to my twit pic.
    Twitter

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

Still there as of 7:06 pm PST
    El Zurdo

iPhone 4s, macbook pro, iPad 2. And I'm a CCNA networking major... haha

doesn't work. Scam....

directions say different ip than the picture..... what is it now?

Quote Originally Posted by Chrigel View Post
    doesn't work. Scam....

directions say different ip than the picture..... what is it now?
    It doesn't matter as long as it is in the same subnet.

Twitter: @tshoults

This does work. I doubted it too at first but I tried a different way. These instructions are poorly written.1: create new wifi network on mac, configure TCP/IP manually to 10.0.1.10, sub mask 255.255.255.0, enable SOCKS proxy and put 10.0.1.13 : 8888

on your iphone join the network you made and then fill in manual info: IP 10.0.1.13 Mask 255.255.255.0 and put HTTP to auto and put in http://10.0.1.13:8888/Socks.pac

Go run the suckers app, put in "its my data" without the quotes (be careful to take out the apostrophe) and click done, you should see the circle. make sure the mac is connected and open browser. worked great for me. Bit slow though, thanks ATT.

Someone else explained it like this

http://www.funkyspacemonkey.com/revi...ring-easteregg

Picture 1: you fill in the name of your network (in this case tether).Picture 2: you fill in exactly what you see in picture 2.Picture 3: you select SOCKS Proxy. In the Sox Proxy Server field you fill in 10.0.1.13 : 8888.Press OK and then apply.Go to settings on your iPhone -> Wi-Fi -> select the network you just made (in this example tether).Click on the blue circle thing on the right of the network.Set your IP Addres to Static.In the field IP Adress you fill in: 10.0.1.13.In the subnet Mask field you fill in: 255.255.255.0.Scroll down to HTTP Proxy and set it to Auto.in the URL field you type: http://10.0.1.13:8888/Socks.pac!
    Last edited by cpoole98; 10-16-2011 at 09:39 PM. Reason: typos.

Quote Originally Posted by cpoole98 View Post
    This does work. I doubted it too at first but I tried a different way.
    But you're not a CCNA major! Your instructions are moot.

Haha. Makes sense that you would have to enable SOCKS on the computer too. doh

Still not too useful since you have to have a computer as a intermediate device.

Twitter: @tshoults

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast