+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Add Analog Clock to Notification Center with ClockCenter [Coming Soon]

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
With the ever-growing technological age we live in, most of our world is moving towards the digital side of the spectrum. Whether it's movies, music, email, and clocks, people are
    Thanks

Default Add Analog Clock to Notification Center with ClockCenter [Coming Soon]

With the ever-growing technological age we live in, most of our world is moving towards the digital side of the spectrum. Whether it's movies, music, email, and clocks, people are resorting to taking the tangible aspect out of certain components to make life easier. No doubt this is the better choice for most cases. But, at times, you still need to let your brain do a little of the thinking! And what better way to mess with your mind than to start using an analog clock? It's even conveniently located in the Notification Center, courtesy of ClockCenter by Tyler Flowers (@Tyler29294).

As you can see from the header picture, ClockCenter adds an analog clock in your Notification Center for you to use. You simply enable it in your Notifications (Settings < Notifications < ClockCenter) and you have access to it. Along with the analog clock itself, it shows the day and date (whatever that is). At this point, you can't interact or change any settings or views however I presume this is something that the developer might be working on as we speak.

ClockCenter has been submitted to ModMyi for approval and should be available soon. I think its a unique package for people who like to change things up a little. You can sport it off to show how cool reading time is, or even teach your young children how to tell time. Folks, the possibilities are endless! It's even better with the fact that it it will be free. It is compatible on 5.x only and should work on all iOS devices.

Name: ClockCenter
    Author: Tyler29294
    Price: Free

In the process of tinkering with Tyler's upcoming tweak, he answered a few questions about his work with ClockCenter:

JOSH: What gave you the idea to make ClockCenter?
    TYLER: When iOS 5 beta was first released, I thought it would be really cool to make a giant clock in the Notification Center. I then proceeded to put it off until just recently.

JOSH: Is this your first tweak in Cydia? Or do you have other packages? How'd you get started with coding for iOS/the jailbreak community?
    TYLER: I made WeeTwitter when iOS 5 beta 1 came out. But the keyboard was all broken so it never really took off.

I loved my iPod touch (even more when it was jailbroken) and figured why not make some of the things I'm always thinking of. So I talked to a friend who works at Apple and he was willing to help me get started in the world of Apple software. So there I began my iOS journey. When I wanted to get into the jailbreak development side, I found out about a project called theos that is a great way for almost anyone to make tweaks.

JOSH: The interface and the tweak itself is pretty simple at this point - are you looking to add any new features soon?
    TYLER: I'm wanting to make a way for users to choose and/or make custom themes and maybe add a timer like the iPhone 4S has with Siri. But other then that I'm not planning anything special.

JOSH: Are you working on any other projects that you'd like to speak on?
    TYLER: I have a couple apps I'm making but nothing special.

JOSH: If people have suggestions or issues with ClockCenter, what is the best method of contacting you?
    TYLER: The best way for people to contact me is probably by Twitter (@tyler29294) or through an email (tyler29294[at]gmail.com).

Keep refreshing Cydia and it will eventually be there ready to download!

Sources(s) Tyler Flowers
    Last edited by Joshua Tucker; 10-16-2011 at 12:41 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,085 Times in 437 Posts

This is so cool!!!!!!!!!

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm not really diggin' the style of the clock. It really turns off the vibe of iOS.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Maybe it's just me, but I never understood the point of analog clocks on iDevices. It's clearly just a novelty/gimmicky thing that ends up taking up a lot of space in notification center. And I agree that the design is quite poor...

Thanks

Why is a clock necessary in the Notifications Center? That seems rather silly since you have easier access to the time than what you would have to do to see it in this way. JMHO.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by willryan42 View Post
    Maybe it's just me, but I never understood the point of analog clocks on iDevices. It's clearly just a novelty/gimmicky thing that ends up taking up a lot of space in notification center. And I agree that the design is quite poor...
    LiveClock on the springboard is pretty cool, but not feeling this, it is going to get very crowded on the Notification Centre

iPhone? More like MyPhone carlbgc's Avatar
    Thanks

Slow news day?

Thanks

Do we have an official iOS 5 compatibility thread / chart anywhere yet? -_-

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by reanimationxp View Post
    Do we have an official iOS 5 compatibility thread / chart anywhere yet? -_-
    Current List of iOS 5 Compatible Cydia Packages

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    I'm not really diggin' the style of the clock. It really turns off the vibe of iOS.
    Not to mention that there is absolutely no point. We can see the time on virtually every screen whenever we want. Why would I install an anolog clock that I have to do more work to have pop up on screen than just looking at the top of my screen in the firs tplace?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Thanks

Agreed , that clock its sooooo ugly

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

...and neither digging a clock two minutes late