+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Stream Radio Through Notification Center with WeeRadio [GIVEAWAY]

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
As you can tell from numerous articles on jailbreak tweaks for Notification Center, the innovation in this area is still alive and well. Now that iOS 5 is public, one
    Thanks

Default Stream Radio Through Notification Center with WeeRadio [GIVEAWAY]

As you can tell from numerous articles on jailbreak tweaks for Notification Center, the innovation in this area is still alive and well. Now that iOS 5 is public, one can guarantee that many more widgets will be releasing soon to tinker with on 5.x. One that just recently released, WeeWidget by Albert Schulz, is a unique widget that is not like any of the recent widgets hitting Cydia for iOS 5.

With WeeRadio for Notification, you can add radio streams (based by URL) and listen to them directly through the Notification Center. The interface is rather simple and its only three steps to add a new radio stream. When you have WeeRadio enabled on the Notification Center (enable it in the Notifications tab in Settings), you will have a small window that has a few arrows, volume slider, play/pause button, and add/remove button. There is a station or two that comes default with WeeRadio, however to add a new radio station, simply hit the add button.

A small window will pop-up giving you the option to give your new radio station a name and put in the URL for it. After doing so, simply hit "Done" and than "Add" and you're ready to rock. If you have multiple stations added, you can hit the arrows to switch between stations. The play/pause is hopefully obvious enough that I don't need to explain it! And to remove a station, simply move to the station that you wish to remove and hit the "Remove" button.

The developer did a great job of writing up a guide on how to add radio streams to your device. You can access this guide going inside Cydia, going to the package WeeRadio, scrolling down until you see WeeRadio User Guide, and then tapping that field. An alternative route which I found to be easier is to just go straight to the URL which is below:

WeeRadio User Guide

This user guide, along with other information about WeeRadio and his other applications, tweaks, and projects can be found at this website RichTownApps. Note that it is in German, so make sure to use Google Translation or something like that if you wish to view it (unless you read German - which would be pretty cool).

I think that the WeeRadio is a unique concept and I believe it has great potential. At this point, my only annoyance with it is how to input URLS for radio streams. Although it is unavoidable, most URLs for radio streams are very long and difficult to type or copy/paste. If there was a way of adding a better method of capturing a URL and placing it in the window (or even getting it from your computer to your device), than the application would be even more awesome. My recommendation is to shorten the URL with a shortening program or website and than adding it from there. Seems to work best, especially if you're on your computer. From there, you can just manually add it.

Nonetheless, it's a great tweak for users who like listening to radio streams, whether from online or in iTunes.

You can purchase WeeRadio for Notification Center right now off the BigBoss repo for $0.99. It is compatible on 5.x only but is available for all iOS devices.

Name: WeeRadio for Notification Center
    Author: Albert Schulz
    Version: 1.0
    Price: $0.99

The winners of the giveaway have been picked. If you did not get a mention from me on Twitter or Google+, sorry! But don't worry - there's much more to come!

Source(s): Arthur Schulz
    Last edited by Joshua Tucker; 10-16-2011 at 09:53 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Cool Tweek But Any Word On A Jailbreak For The 4s For Windows?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DeathOfLife View Post
    Cool Tweek But Any Word On A Jailbreak For The 4s For Windows?
    There's no jailbreak for the 4S period at this time.

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,051 Times in 770 Posts

This looks awesome. Great write-up Josh!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Tucker View Post
    There's no jailbreak for the 4S period at this time.
    Thanks For The Update Also Again Nice Tweek!!

Thanks

Another thing ill add to my list

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DeathOfLife View Post
    Thanks For The Update Also Again Nice Tweek!!
    It's not out as stated, but the progress is going along steadily, now that we have the device in hand, it should be picking up even more progress.

Thanks

Added to cart

Thanks

Man I'm loving where iOS 5 tweaks are going. Can't wait for an untethered release! Fantastic write up josh.