Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MarkThatMessage Compatible on iOS 5 [GIVEAWAY]

Default MarkThatMessage Compatible on iOS 5 [GIVEAWAY]

One the most acclaimed features of iOS 5 is the addition of iMessage. This bridges the gap of communication and allows any iOS device on 5.x to text one another for free over 3G or WiFi. So, whether from your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad, you're able to stay in constant communication with other iOS 5 users. On top of just the iMessage concept itself, the "typing" dots and the read/delivered indicator makes iMessage a lot more comprehensive. However, for both regular Messages (iPhone users) as well as users of iMessage, Apple missed out on adding a capability to timestamp every single message. Timestamps are extremely important (in my opinion) and it has always been a blessing to have all those timestamps with the help of MarkThatMessage from Cydia. MarkThatMessage is only $0.99 in Cydia right now.

The developer of MarkThatMessage, John Heaton (@Gojohnnyboi), hadn't had time to look at it before iOS 5 released. I informed him however that it is already compatible (even with iMessage) without any changes! This brought a smile to my face, as well as his. For this reason, he's decided that he'd be down for doing a giveaway of 11 copies (not 10 - he wanted to be different). Here's how you can win a copy:

The winners of the giveaway have been picked. If you did not get a mention from me on Twitter or Google+, sorry! But don't worry - there's much more to come!

Source(s): John Heaton
    Last edited by Joshua Tucker; 10-16-2011 at 10:55 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Heck yea Steak N' Shake is the best! Hope I get this tweak. Definitely will come in handy.

This article actually explains a lot more than just markthatmessage (well at least for me anyway). For the longest time i've been trying to figure out why my text bubbles were blue for only one contact in my messages. That is until i read this article and realized that only one of my friends have updated to iOS 5. And now it makes sense. I feel like a dummy So does this mean that if my nephew updates his ipod touch 4 to iOS 5 he can text message me without any need for any extra app?

I got the ios5 but mine is still green was blue then back to green what do that mean is it work or not

Go in steak and shake and ask for a 5x5 with bacon and pepper jack cheese that's where its at.

I haven't try iOS 5

Quote Originally Posted by Anthonykyle37 View Post
    I got the ios5 but mine is still green was blue then back to green what do that mean is it work or not
    ...that means the person your texting does not have IOS5! iMessage only works with devices running ios5! It's will still send regular (green texts) the iMessage or blue text is when both devices are running ios5

Banned
    Thanks

I won! Thanks Another useful feature added to IOS5 instead of removed. The more features Apple remove or just don't put in the more reasons to jailbreak.

Banned
    Thanks

Is this available for the iPad?I just downgraded the iPhone 4 back to 4.3.3 as IOS5 is buggy as hell.I'm going to wait till the next IOS5 release before I upgrade as its so unstable its unuseable.Today I had apps closing on their own and it mutes itself so its no good for a phone. Maybe a iPad or iPod is ok but a Phone is no good on IOS5

Quote Originally Posted by Amillio View Post
    Go in steak and shake and ask for a 5x5 with bacon and pepper jack cheese that's where its at.

I love steak and shake but now I know why everyone in steak and shake is always obese.

Thanks

Naked. Is there a tutorial on how to downgrade the iPhone 4 from ios5 to 4.3.3? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    Is this available for the iPad?I just downgraded the iPhone 4 back to 4.3.3 as IOS5 is buggy as hell.I'm going to wait till the next IOS5 release before I upgrade as its so unstable its unuseable.Today I had apps closing on their own and it mutes itself so its no good for a phone. Maybe a iPad or iPod is ok but a Phone is no good on IOS5

I meant to ask under your quote to be clear. Is there a tutorial on how to downgrade from 5 to 4.3.3? I'm a noob at all of this. Thanks
    Last edited by Ironlocal86; 10-19-2011 at 11:40 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone brbortscheller's Avatar
    Thanks

FINALLY! i hate when i get a text a while later and don't know when, it sucks!