Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
10-15-2011, 06:24 PM #1
Current List of iOS 5 Compatible Cydia Packages
Numerous Cydia tweaks are currently being updated for iOS 5. As of late, this is what we know.
iOS 5 is currently jailbreakable using redsn0w 0.9.9b5. The jailbreak is tethered meaning that you will need to connect your device to a computer every time that you restart the device; and 'boot tethered.' Rest assured, that along with the Siri porting project, iPhone hackers are working on an untethered jailbreak for iOS 5.
While iOS 5 is new and quickly becoming a big hit for most iDevice users, jailbreak devs are currently working as fast as they can to adapt their jailbreak tweaks and packages to iOS 5 binaries. The transition from iOS 4 to iOS 5 will take a few weeks, maybe months – as it did when iOS 4 came out, nothing happened over night. But, as of late, this is what we know about tweak and package compatibility between Cydia and iOS 5:
Fully Compatible with iOS 5:
- 3G Unrestrictor
- 60 Second Lock Screen
- Action Menu
- Action Menu Plus Pack
- Airplane SBSettings
- AndroidLock XT
- App Switcher Brightness
- ******* for 5.0
- APT 0.7 HTTPS Method
- Autolock SBSettings
- Black Keyboard
- Browser Changer
- Color Mail Labels
- Compas for Maps
- DashBoard for Maps
- Direct Closer Pro
- Double At
- Erica Utilities
- Firewall iP
- Five collum SB
- Five Icon Dock
- Five Icon Switcher
- FullScreen for Safari
- Haškulous Resources
- Haškulous Security
- Home Button in Safari
- ********** 4
- Instant Mirror
- IP Blocker
- iPhone Modem
- iRetina 4+ SBSetting Theme
- iRetiner GUI
- Location Spoofer
- Manual Correct
- Manual Correct Pro
- Media Controller Brightness
- Mobile Substrate
- MyWi 5.0
- Navigate From Maps
- No Bookmarks
- Phone GV Extension
- Pull to Refresh for Mail
- Pull to Refresh for Safari
- Repo Setup Files
- Respring Widget
- RSSWidget for iOS 5
- Serious SBSettings HD
- ShakeToUndo Killer
- Silent Vibrate SBSettings
- SMS Counter
- SMS GV Extension
- Source GUI
- SpringFlash + SBSettings Toggle
- Substrate Safe Mode
- Toggle SSH
- Transparent Statusbar for iOS4
- Voicemail Forwarder
- Wallpaper JPEGifier
- WiFi Booster
- WiFi Passwords
- AndroidLock XT - Will work although, it will disable the camera button on your lock screen.
- Black Keyboard - Reports say it's buggy.
- DashBoard for Maps - The compatible version should be in Cydia soon. More here.
- Gridlock - Requires IconSupport, which is not publicly available for download yet. The current version of
IconSupport does not support iOS 5. The beta version does.
- iRealSMS - Reports say it eliminates the ability to send MMS messages.
- Pull to Refresh for Mail - Reports say there are some bugs with this.
- Scrollingboard - Reports say this can cause sluggishness.
- ultrasn0w - Only works on old baseband. More here.
- Winterboard - Not in Cydia, download .deb file here. Install through SSH.
Partially Compatible with iOS 5:
- App Switcher Ringer
- Clock Plugin for LockInfo
- Dynamic Table Strip
- iAP Cracker
- No Clock Status
- App Switcher Ringer - This will change media volume, but has no effect on ringer volume.
- biteSMS - Currently in open beta.
- Calltell - Works, but isn't compatible with iMessage.
- CleanStatus - Reports say that it doesn't hide status bar objects correctly.
- Clock Plugin for LockInfo - Calendar doesn't work.
- Dynamic Table Strip - Works for Contacts app, Phone app, but not iPod app.
- iAP Cracker - Reports say it conflicts with other apps.
- iBlank - The theme to remove shadows doesn't work and you will be unable to respring your iDevice.
- IconSupport - The beta version works in iOS 5. The public version does not.
- LockGestures - Only tap gestures are working.
- LockInfo - Beta works, public version doesn't.
- LSRotator - Works fine except for a glitch with the camera button.
- MultiIconMover - Beta works fine, get it here.
- No Clock Status - Works everywhere except Facebook and Cydia.
- StatusTweak - Moving the AM/PM in your status bar doesn't work.
- SwipeToMoveCursor - Moves cursor two spaces instead of one space.
Not Compatible With iOS 5:
- 5-Row Keyboard
- Call InfoFields
- Celeste Bluetooth File Sharing
- Delete Word
- Homescreen Settings
- Home Page in Safari
- Icon Renamer
- Lock Calendar
- Lockdown Pro
- LockScreen Clock Hide
- Maps Enhancer
- Random Icon Flip
- Remove Background
- RestoreTab for Safari
- Safari Download Manager
- SBRotator for iOS 4.x
- Speed for Maps
- User Agent Faker
- Wi-Fi Sync
They don't work. I don't even recommend trying them. They will either plague you with errors, springboard crashes, app crashes, freeze-ups, or just general problems. Stay away from the red coated tweaks on this page.
Currently Unknown Compatibility with iOS 5:
- Ask to Send
- GridTab for Safari
- HeadingLock for Maps
- Link Identity Editor
- OpenNotifier Premium Pack
- Rotation Inhibitor
- ShakeToUndo Killer
- Volume Boost
- YourTube 2
I don't recommend installing the apps where the compatibility is unknown. They come with the chance of possibly putting your device in the same state as the apps that are not compatible. I would stay away from these too, until they are verified.
Props to The_Ben for the wonderful list of Cydia applications. Any that he missed that I knew about, I tried to add myself.
So now that you know what tweaks are/aren't compatible with iOS 5, what will you choose to do with your device? Will you go ahead with the tethered jailbreak until the untethered jailbreak? Or will you wait for the untethered jailbreak? Some of you might have decided that iOS 5 does everything you want it to and you've decided not to jailbreak at all. Keep in mind that many of the tweaks that are not compatible with iOS 5 are being worked on. Some of the tweaks that I know for sure are getting worked on are: Infinifolders, Infinidock, and Springtomize.
If I left anything off of the list and you have any information as to its compatibility, please leave a comment below so that other readers can benefit from your information.
Sources: Redmond Pie
Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 10-16-2011 at 01:48 PM.
10-15-2011, 06:37 PM #2
hi there..well winterboard just sends me straight in to safemode??!..nobody else?
10-15-2011, 06:38 PM #3
10-15-2011, 06:40 PM #4
Great list, Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to Broomhead For This Useful Post:
10-15-2011, 06:41 PM #5
Most themes will not work properly with Winterboard on iOS 5 (It's the Winterboard I downloaded here). It will load some parts (such as wallpapers and icons, but not other UI such as themed docks, shadows, etc.) but I think it is caused by the device loading some sort of cache.
Last edited by Slim J; 10-15-2011 at 06:44 PM. Reason: added info
10-15-2011, 06:42 PM #6
The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:
10-15-2011, 06:43 PM #7
why add things like *******, **********, and crackers? i thought modmyi didnt support piracy .... just saying
10-15-2011, 06:44 PM #8
Can you please post a link to winterboard beta that actually works
10-15-2011, 06:49 PM #9
10-15-2011, 06:51 PM #10
Thanks for the list. A lot of stuff I use and need like Backgrounder; User Agent Faker; and WeatherIcon are redlisted. These are useful tools, which I will wait until they are all compatible. Nice work and thanks for taking time to compile this list. Will keep my eye on any new updates.
10-15-2011, 06:52 PM #11
Anything on qtweeter??
10-15-2011, 06:55 PM #12
Where do I install the winterboard file to?
Where do i install winterboard to?
10-15-2011, 07:05 PM #13
Any Jailbreak Out For 4s & Windows?
10-15-2011, 07:11 PM #14
Did you install Winterboard off Cydia first and then run this deb over the top? Winterboard depends on some things and won't work right if you just installed the deb on its own.
10-15-2011, 07:11 PM #15
10-15-2011, 07:12 PM #16
Kaos, did you install Winterboard via Cydia or though the method mentioned above?
10-15-2011, 07:16 PM #17
Nice list. Really helpful.Modmyi NBA thread --> http://modmyi.com/forums/chit-chat/7...ba-thread.html
10-15-2011, 07:20 PM #18
Are these installable on a tethered jailbreak? I am really unversed with the tethered J/B. So you install as normal, then when you restart, you boot tethered and your good to go?
10-15-2011, 07:23 PM #19
10-15-2011, 07:24 PM #20