+ Reply
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Current List of iOS 5 Compatible Cydia Packages

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by Dude10 I have the same problem. Winterboard don't let me out of the safe mode. Wich means, that winterboard is definitely not on the green list. Read
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,167 Times in 6,639 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dude10 View Post
    I have the same problem. Winterboard don't let me out of the safe mode. Wich means, that winterboard is definitely not on the green list.
    Read the first post again. You need to the beta winterboard version not the one that is currently in cydia.

Livin the iPhone Life rjrankin83's Avatar
    Thanks

I have the same problem. Winterboard don't let me out of the safe mode. Wich means, that winterboard is definitely not on the green list.
    No that just means you didn't read the whole post and attempted to download in Cydia rather than off the post and SSH as instructed!

Also there's no iOS 5 themes yet so it's not a huge deal but yes the winterboard beta posted here works

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Any news on gpsPhone? I'm dying for some GBA action!

Green Apple
    Thanks
    i'm waiting to upgrade and i can't get a update from the junefabric guys on pdanet? i emailed them twice with no response. am i waiting for no reason? would be nice to know.

iPhone? More like MyPhone bbillh77's Avatar
    Thanks

Winterboard crashes me too icallanounce and tlert installed but have no function

Thanks

i wasn't aware that conversations about cracked apps/apps that crack other apps is allowed on these forums..they are listed in the compatibility list
    Last edited by psilocybin; 10-16-2011 at 10:27 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 14,167 Times in 6,639 Posts

As long as you are not linking to warez or discussing them (eg. how to use or get them) then it is fine. Posting the name of them in a compatibility list is fine. Just like posting an icon for them in a theme thread is considered alright.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

raduga (10-16-2011)

Green Apple
    Thanks

If you're looking to hide the lockscreen clock, you'll have to do it manually. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...hl=en_US&pli=1 For the instructions

PS: Works with iPad
    Last edited by torrenegoshima; 10-16-2011 at 11:37 AM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to torrenegoshima For This Useful Post:

metaserph (10-16-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    As long as you are not linking to warez or discussing them (eg. how to use or get them) then it is fine. Posting the name of them in a compatibility list is fine. Just like posting an icon for them in a theme thread is considered alright.
    Thanks for the clarification.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I found this and it worked perfect on winterboard without having to ssh into it Winterboard on iOS 5 - YouTube

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

It is on the green list. You CAN NOT install the Winterboard from Cydia. You need to download the beta that I provided in a link. Thanks.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    SMSEnhancer works partially. Contact photos shows on the SMS list but not in the messages. I was able to sent photo thru mms as well.

Green Apple
    Thanks

SMS GV Extension isn't working properly for me in iOS 5. Incoming SMS messages are all shown as being from "000000". The messages are correct in the official GV app. Sending works with the extension.

Thanks

I used the deb file posted above and didn't have any problems. You probably downloaded it from Cydia.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    BytaFont is working for me (3GS), as is Iconoclasm, at least set to 3x3 Dense.

Thanks

Winterboard is NOT yet compatible.. at least not from Cydia. I may have heard there is a beta available somewhere.. but this should be placed in the RED section until it is on the main repo.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Question about tethered jailbreaking: I never did a tethered jailbreak before but I do know that you must reboot it using the jailbreak software if you reboot or turn it off. So here is the question. With a tethered jailbreak, and you reboot or turn it off, is your device bricked until you boot tethered it?

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by teej1410 View Post
    Question about tethered jailbreaking: I never did a tethered jailbreak before but I do know that you must reboot it using the jailbreak software if you reboot or turn it off. So here is the question. With a tethered jailbreak, and you reboot or turn it off, is your device bricked until you boot tethered it?
    Pretty much, it won't turn on until you boot it tethered.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Kaospassageraren's Avatar
    Thanks

Well winterboard works now and is full of redline
    Gridlock works aswell but colorkeyboard doesnt and i hope it Will be updated soon!!same with folderenhancer!
    Does anybody know if gridtab for safari works??
    My Twitter....powderfinger76

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by baskie View Post
    I think it's great that devs are getting their apps sorted for 5, but, without an untethered JB it's pointless.The article says peeps are working on an untethered JB, but given that 5 has been out there for some considerable time (in Beta), and that the last untethered JB was 4.3.3, I'd say we're a long way from an untethered 5 jailbreak. If ever.The Jailbreak ride was a great one, but it's been looking more and more that Apple have won the war for some time now. The "ToDo" list for the hackers is getting longer every day, they're still to clear up the mess they created with the 6.15 debacle. I hope I'm wrong, I hope the "no new unthethered exploits will be used until 5 is released" comments over the last few months really do mean, as they lead us to believe, that the devs have something up their sleeve. But I fear they're as stumped now on this one as they are on an unlock since way back.
    Why would you say its pointless? Plenty of us have no problem using a tethered jailbreak, it isn't difficult. Who knows when an untethered jailbreak will be available, but I am glad it was not released while iOS 5 was still in beta. That would just give apple a chance to fix the exploit before release, wasting a jailbreak.

+ Reply
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast