Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Sprint iPhone 4S Customers Complain About Extremely Slow 3G Speeds

Quote Originally Posted by awareunlikeu View Post
    My friend, I have been saying this EXACT same thing for a while now and it just seems to fall on deaf ears, or eyes in our case. The one and only thing that I miss of Android was the ability to "tweak" carrier and radio settings. I remember having an original EVO, and was able to "remove" Sprint's data throttle by flashing a simple zip and immediately received tripple the speed I was getting before the hack. I have posted this same question at all the main modding forums, with not even one legitimate reply or thought from people interested in the subject? To me when carriers started announcing that there would be a "data throttle" put on data hungry users, this should have been first order of business for us as a modding community. I am a beginner Objective-C dev, but am not inclined enough to work that problem out on my own. amoamare, it is nice to see someone with a like mind, i hope there are a few more of us on here that can gather up the support to implement a data throttle remover for i-jailbreaking community.
    What ever android device you have I can help your remove the data throttling from it easily with just a few simple steps.
    As far as the iPhone thing, i'm already on the ball commcenter already patched to accept any PRI, PRL, and carrier settings just waiting for a untethered jailbreak i dont personally use sprint, but same concept as the device gets put on prepaid carriers like cricket, metropcs, etc.

how's the coverage of Sprint regarding data and voice to that of T-mobile?

I'm gonna stay in h2o wireless all unlimited 3G for $60 / month

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

This is pretty normal. I was with Sprint for a year with the EVO. At peak hours that is pretty close to the speeds I was getting.

On AT&T I get around 5m download and 2m upload in my house. I'm happy with att

I was having problems the first few days I had my iPhone on sprint but the speeds have picked up. I was considering returning my phone and getting the att iphone, but for whatever reason its become faster. I am sticking with sprint.

Thanks

Duh, what the hell do people expect?! It's CDMA, blazing speeds of dial up... That's the speed they are ALWAYS going to get.Go with GSM.

Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky369 View Post
    Duh, what the hell do people expect?! It's CDMA, blazing speeds of dial up... That's the speed they are ALWAYS going to get.Go with GSM.
    My speeds are actually pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky369 View Post
    Dude you are a complete idiot. You know nothing about CDMA at all LOL, you're probably one of the people that think that CDMA is the older technology and believe that all of the world except US, and China use CDMA. Fail

no surprise about this cdma sucks when it comes to 3G data hopefully we will see an LTE iPhone 6

Lets say if i wana switch from sprint to AT&T, do i have to return my phone and get one THROUGH AT&T? I was guessing i can cancel the service and keep the phone since its both CDMA and GSM? Thanks!

Default Oh really!?
    Quote Originally Posted by amoamare View Post
    What ever android device you have I can help your remove the data throttling from it easily with just a few simple steps.
    As far as the iPhone thing, i'm already on the ball commcenter already patched to accept any PRI, PRL, and carrier settings just waiting for a untethered jailbreak i dont personally use sprint, but same concept as the device gets put on prepaid carriers like cricket, metropcs, etc.
    SO I can flash/replace a PRI/PRL to remove throttle on my iPhone with Commcenter? I looked around and saw that it has not been patched for 4.2.8 and above..I believe I flashed the .001 PRI/PRL to my old Android Device, which removed the throttling. So your saying I can do the same thing with the iphone now?? Any Links?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12