Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: UISettings Pre-Release Beta Now Available [iPad Support Added]

Default UISettings Pre-Release Beta Now Available [iPad Support Added]

Dating back from the first release of the iOS 5 beta, developers were all over the Notification Center and were eager to start developing widgets and packages for the center in the jailbreak community (since Apple did not open it the public to develop on). The first released third-party widget for the Notification Center was UISettings. UISettings was the first attempt at bringing an SBSettings-like experience to iOS 5 on the Notification Center and inspired many developers to start working on their own Notification Center packages. UISettings has evolved quite a bit from its beginning with improved performance, a new look, and various added features.

The developer of UISettings, qwertyoruiop (@qwertyoruiop), has been tinkering for quite some time and is on the verge of releasing UISettings to the BigBoss repo for a public release. He is making UISettings available to the public to test and play around to make sure that any kinks are fixed before he submits.

UISettings offers similar toggles and functions to SBSettings (inspired by it) and pre-dated the SBSettings beta release for iOS 5. UISettings offers toggles for the following:

• WiFi
    • Bluetooth
    • Location Services
    • Airplane Mode
    • Brightness
    • Volume
    • Respring
    • Safe Mode
    • Power Off
    • Reboot

These components have been staple aspects since day one, however what is new in this particular update is:

On top of just these, qwertyoruiop is currently working on a lock screen widget that will accompany UISettings. That would make UISettings available on the lock screen for easy use. It would be the first attempt, or I should say, release of a lock screen widget for iOS 5. It is not available yet but should be in another update or two. A preview of what it will look like is below:

Add the following repo on your iOS device to have access to the iPhone/iPod version if you wish to give it a shot:

http://cake.qwertyoruiop.com/cydia/

For iPad users, you will need to download the separate .deb file and install via SSH. The link to the iPad version is below:

UISettings for iPad

Here are a few things to remember:

• UISettings is in beta. That means it may not be entirely stable or work well with other packages. Remember that you're essentially testing a possibly unstable version (from repo or .deb file)
    • You're fully responsible for what you install on your device. If you're not proficient in problem solving with your device on your own, it is not recommended that you test
    • Because the iPad version of UISettings is a .deb package, this will require you to SSH into your device and install the .deb package manually

If you don't know how to install a .deb package via SSH, either wait until the iPad version of UISettings is available on a repository or search the forums on how to SSH and install a .deb package. There are numerous ways of SSHing into your device with various programs and applications, so choose a method that works best for you.

The developer is always looking for support feedback, so make sure if you run into any issues, report it to qwertyoruiop. That makes the package better for everyone in the coming future. Here are a few guidelines that I like to follow when beta testing that I would recommend you follow:

• If you run into any issues, make sure to report it right away to make sure you don't forget
    • When reporting the issue, make sure you're stating the issue concisely and constructive. Check your grammar, spelling, and other things. Those are all important characteristics of a good report
    • Be willing to coordinate with the developer to find out your issue
    • Don't automatically assume that it is the package's fault. It may be a conflict with another application or tweak that you have installed (or the OS itself). Be respectful and humble in the regard that it may be a fault on your end as well
    • Don't complain, whine, or get upset. It is a beta software and should be treated as such

Source(s): qwertyoruiop
    Last edited by Joshua Tucker; 10-15-2011 at 02:57 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,757 Times in 894 Posts

Why does the aeroplane look like a cock?

Quote Originally Posted by KraXik View Post
    exactly what I was thinking.
    and
    I've seen all these cool iOS 5 tweaks but its hard to use them if you dont have a jailbreak.
    Last edited by manbearpig; 10-15-2011 at 03:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by manbearpig View Post
    exactly what I was thinking.
    and
    I've seen all these cool iOS 5 tweaks but its hard to use them if you dont have a jailbreak.
    Lmao same here hahah

Oh god.

Also, there will be an API for developers. I'm writing documentation about it
    Last edited by _qwertyoruiop_; 10-15-2011 at 03:28 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone trentmorris's Avatar
    Thanks

Ironically, the user interface of UISettings is ugly as poop. I hope they look into making it less hard on the eyes.

I'll be sticking with SBSettings for the foreseeable future.
    Last edited by trentmorris; 10-15-2011 at 03:53 PM.

+1 lol

Looking forward to the day a widget dev hits the mark

Cheers _qwertyoruiop_, looks great.

I know there's been posts recently about all the tweaks being updated for ios 5, but is there a forum where they are all in one place? It's hard to continue to search back now that I finally jailbroke it.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Installed it but not showing up in notification center after respring is there something missed? I have reinstalled but samething.

iPhone 4 ios5 jail broke redsnow tethered, so far installed five icon dock, ifile, openssh and uisettings.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rhino_81 View Post
    Installed it but not showing up in notification center after respring is there something missed? I have reinstalled but samething.

iPhone 4 ios5 jail broke redsnow tethered, so far installed five icon dock, ifile, openssh and uisettings.
    Did you select it in notifications inside the settings app?

Sweet, i was still on the updated for b2 version
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Uh thanks blinden76 I didn't see that.

Fail me!

Livin the iPhone Life rjrankin83's Avatar
    Thanks

Awesome tweak. Now when the hell am I going to be able to update and jailbreak my ipad 2 so i can use it?

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

What I'm wondering is why one would use this over sbsettings. Cause sbsettings has the option to integrate itself into notification center

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

Livin the iPhone Life rjrankin83's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ipodtouchman77 View Post
    What I'm wondering is why one would use this over sbsettings. Cause sbsettings has the option to integrate itself into notification center
    I really like BBSettings

Does anyone know how to adjust the order of the icon's in UIsettings or adjust the icon size? You know like two rows or something....Am I missing something here or is there no way to adjust anything in UIsettings?I like sbsettings but it's good to try something newTa!

new toggle for push and orientation lock will be nice to have

Banned
    Thanks

I cant see anything in that repo. Its empty to me. I do get a red error when tryin gto refresh now, something about index failed to download.ANyone got the dev for the iphone version?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast