+ Reply
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Siri On iPhone 4

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Siri has been successfully ported to A4 devices. iPhone 4 above. A BIG THANKS TO CHRISTIAN HEUSINGER , THE DEVELOPER OF IREALSMS, HE WAS A PRIMARY PERSON IN THE PORTING
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,044 Times in 766 Posts

Default Siri On iPhone 4

Siri has been successfully ported to A4 devices. iPhone 4 above.

A BIG THANKS TO CHRISTIAN HEUSINGER, THE DEVELOPER OF IREALSMS, HE WAS A PRIMARY PERSON IN THE PORTING OF SIRI.

Turn your attention to the new YouTube video (the third one down). Siri is no longer laggy and fully supports the iPhone 4's GPU. At this point in time, Siri is almost fully functional although devs need to find a way to trick Apple's servers into allowing the iPhone 4 to use Siri. Currently, Siri requires a call home to Apple's servers to verify the device. The iPhone 4S passes the test, however the iPhone 4 will be recognized as an incompatible device. Devs are working hard to find a way to make Siri fully functional on an iPhone 4. Stay tuned!

Just a little while ago, iH8sn0w tweeted on Twitter that Siri does not require an A5 processor to work. That being said, it will work on any of the A4 devices that you already own prior to buying the iPhone 4S.

iH8sn0w also retweeted the original tweet containing the screenshot in the header of this article – which adds legitimacy to the whole ideal.

Also, below are some videos of Siri on an iPhone 4. You can tell it's an iPhone 4 by the look of the antenna. It is a GSM iPhone 4.

EDIT: The developers behind this awesome port have managed to accelerate the speed of Siri on the iPhone 4:

Siri is a voice function for the iPhone 4S that allows the user to ask questions of all sorts and be answered back with intelligent responses. Siri does not handle well with accents and is not a perfect system. It's currently in beta for the iPhone 4S – Apple promised to roll out more and more support with upcoming iPhone updates including more languages and functions. It was recent news that iH8sn0w and his buddy Gojohnnyboi were working on porting Siri to older A4 devices. iPhone hackers warned that it would be impossible to do this without piracy. So if you're brave and don't care too much about the boundaries of the law (not that I support this sort of behavior, because that would be barbaric!), then perhaps you will be able to try out Siri on your jailbroken A4 device very soon. For obvious reasons I will not be providing links or guides for doing this. But following iH8sn0w on Twitter may guide in you in the right direction.

The current version of Siri on the iPhone 4 is still immature, but is capable of recognizing spoken commands. It probably won't be released until the kinks are worked out so give it some time. Currently, devs are working on getting Siri on the iPhone 4 to correctly authenticate with Apple's servers, which only allow for Siri to work on the iPhone 4S. This will take time. Be patient. At this point in time, the Siri project is private and has not been released onto Cydia nor is there any way to download it, but be assured that it will likely be out soon, so stay tuned!

Please make donations to these wonderful people if you have some spare change! They work hard to make sure we get the best out of our devices.

Below, are some screenshots of the project, by Christian Heusinger (Compliments of Josh Tucker):

Are you excited for Siri for iPhone 4? Leave a comment below!

Sources: iH8sn0w, Josh Tucker
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 10-15-2011 at 01:02 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

AngryPIG (10-15-2011), metaserph (10-16-2011)

Green Apple
    Thanks

omg omg release it lol

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

Sweet!!! Now I can talk to my iPhone 4 in public and everyone will think I'm cool cause I have an iPhone 4s!!

Then I will explain to them that it's actually a jailbroken iPhone 4 and I'll look even cooler! "What's a jailbreak?"
    Last edited by iLoveWindows&iPhone; 10-14-2011 at 11:14 PM.
    El Zurdo

Thanks

Sweet! That is the ONLY reason I considered upgrading to the iPhone 4S! Now I will just wait for the bugs to be worked out and for Siri to be ported to the iPhone 4. iH8sn0w and Gojohnnyboi Pwnd Siri!

Green Apple
    Thanks

What am I missing? I thought I already had this on my iPhone 4 like 6 months ago, and it sucked.

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by N4cer View Post
    What am I missing? I thought I already had this on my iPhone 4 like 6 months ago, and it sucked.
    It was something else but not Siri
    Drive Safe with Trapster
    Speedtrap App

Thanks

Did u hav the app tht was supposely at the app store?

My iPhone is a Part of Me luvmytj's Avatar
    Thanks

I thought that there was a Siri app before it was incorporated in iOS 5 that they discontinued. Maybe thats what your referring to?

In the second vid that thing runs slooooow. I also noticed nobody asked it anything.
    It may be running, but does it work as designed on the slower A4?
    Last edited by luvmytj; 10-14-2011 at 11:10 PM.

Banned
    Thanks

this is awesome! My brother just got a new 4S yesterday. This will pi$$ him off knowing Siri will be available in the iPhone4. LOLCant wait.

Green Apple
    Thanks

yes.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

That will be sweet!!! siri so massive only A5 can handle it... mhm...

Livin the iPhone Life Bluemoldycheeze88's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by luvmytj View Post
    I thought that there was a Siri app before it was incorporated in iOS 5 that they discontinued. Maybe thats what your referring to?

In the second vid that thing runs slooooow. I also noticed nobody asked it anything.
    It may be running, but does it work as designed on the slower A4?
    I wonder if the A4 is capable of running Siri because that second i4 was super slow. Kinda reminds of the iPhone 3G running 4.0

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

this is truly beautiful the one minor thing that might've encouraged me to early upgrade from ip4 to ip4s, before ip5 is now gone

Thanks

Hmmm, the iPhone in that second video looks incredibly slow and laggy, I'm wondering if that is due to Siri or other apps that may be running. I'm excited to have this on an iP4, but I will wait to see how the performance is before I make judgment.

Thanks

This is big so give credit to all those that participated in making this happen!
    Thanks guys!
    Last edited by reznor9; 10-15-2011 at 05:01 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Nice. Siri + untethered jailbreak = give me NOW!!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Nintendo Tim For This Useful Post:

that_girl (10-15-2011)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

I thought I saw a tweet by MN the other day saying Siri could not be ported without piracy implcations. Meaning the code would need a key work around to it done legally.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

It may work but it looks sluggish. Is it available from Apple for the iPad 2? It should be since it's faster than the 4S.

Thanks

@Cer0, I remember the same tweet. Wonder how Apple will react? Nonetheless, great work to those involved in making it happen. Siri + untethered JB= awesomeness! Be patient, good things come to those who wait.

iPhone? More like MyPhone RobberBoy's Avatar
    Thanks

Its a start at least...

+ Reply
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast