Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Siri On iPhone 4

Quote Originally Posted by reznor9 View Post
    I think you forgot to add the fact that jailbreak developer Chris Heusinger, the maker of @iRealSMS and other cydia apps helped on this port. This is big so give credit to all those that participated in making this happen!
    If you read the whole article you will see Heusinger's name.

Also, to the rest of you saying that Siri is slow, it's in immature stages. They need to continue to port it for the compatibility to be completely there so don't judge it just yet until the final build is released.

Great job to ALL those that made this possible and I can't wait for all the bugs to get worked out.
    Last edited by reznor9; 10-15-2011 at 06:02 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone sTrAnGe mOdS's Avatar
    Thanks

Dangggg, so glad they got it working. Can't wait for official release!

Thanks

awesome... i knew this would happen..
    When the police want to know where someone is, they ask apple.

[Amazing can't wait for it try it my iPhone 4 and iPad 2

iPhone? More like MyPhone SwatPac's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't think it was really about the iPhone 4 not having enough processing power. I think it's all about the whole user experience that Apple wants for customers. I've been using Siri all day today and I realized the battery drain that comes with it. I'm pretty sure Siri on the iPhone 4 would have a devastating effect on the iPhone 4 battery and therefore have a toll on the user experience. These forums would be flooded with people crying over how iOS 5 is battery and resource hog. I think Apple made the right decision on this one. I think it's cool that i4 users can have Siri now, but your average run of the mill user wouldn't understand why iOS 5 is killing their battery. They would probably blame it on Apple releasing an "unfinished product" or something.

Thanks

OMG's I peed! Yes please!!!!

"The Veins of Electricity" 240v's Avatar
    Thanks

Looks a bit laggy, but nice work!

I finally recieved the iphone 4s yesterday.. but im sending it back.. I already have the iphone 4 so i gave it a lilttle test run and im not so into it.. So this is good news.. Thanks guys..

iPhone 4 FTW

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SwatPac View Post
    I don't think it was really about the iPhone 4 not having enough processing power. I think it's all about the whole user experience that Apple wants for customers. I've been using Siri all day today and I realized the battery drain that comes with it. I'm pretty sure Siri on the iPhone 4 would have a devastating effect on the iPhone 4 battery and therefore have a toll on the user experience. These forums would be flooded with people crying over how iOS 5 is battery and resource hog. I think Apple made the right decision on this one. I think it's cool that i4 users can have Siri now, but your average run of the mill user wouldn't understand why iOS 5 is killing their battery. They would probably blame it on Apple releasing an "unfinished product" or something.
    Congrats on your new iP4S you have it for sure.
    Drive Safe with Trapster
    Speedtrap App

Quote Originally Posted by iLoveWindows&iPhone View Post
    Sweet!!! Now I can talk to my iPhone 4 in public and everyone will think I'm cool cause I have an iPhone 4s!!

Then I will explain to them that it's actually a jailbroken iPhone 4 and I'll look even cooler! "What's a jailbreak?"
    U could always talk to ur phone and everyone would still think u have an i4S

I smiled and then released a cynical laugh when I read the title of this article. Definitely no need for me to upgrade now Come at me Apple

Thanks

I noted the second phone(white) had slow response, then noted that it is jailbroken using Tmobile. Tmobile uses Edge when on iPhone 4..no surprise in the delay there. The first phone seemed to have more pep but no one actually used the Siri app..they just launched it.."come on man"

Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
    I noted the second phone(white) had slow response, then noted that it is jailbroken using Tmobile. Tmobile uses Edge when on iPhone 4..no surprise in the delay there. The first phone seemed to have more pep but no one actually used the Siri app..they just launched it.."come on man"
    http://9to5mac.com/2011/10/14/siri-voice-command-system-ported-from-iphone-4s-to-iphone-4-video/

Read the article and it explains why Siri is lagging on the iPhone 4.

"You may notice Siri and the iPhone 4 acting very sluggish in the above video. The issue here is not Siri, but is that a special GPU driver for iPhone 4 is needed; and it is obviously not included in the iPhone 4S binary cache – where the Siri files are located."

AAWWWEESOME!!!! I hope this will be released soon

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Amazing work. It's unbelievable how quick these dudes can port Siri over/make so much progress so quickly. I know the title of this thread explains this is for the iPhone 4, but any news on whether this will be able to be used on the iPad2?

Thanks
    Danny

Quote Originally Posted by 323SickMinded323 View Post
    I finally recieved the iphone 4s yesterday.. but im sending it back.. I already have the iphone 4 so i gave it a lilttle test run and im not so into it.. So this is good news.. Thanks guys..
    Oh come on!

Quote Originally Posted by Bluemoldycheeze88 View Post
    I wonder if the A4 is capable of running Siri because that second i4 was super slow. Kinda reminds of the iPhone 3G running 4.0

It was running without the correct GPU drivers.....

To all saying that the iphone 4 and a4 in general is slow with Siri. The person who made this all possible @stroughtonsmith has uploaded a new video with the gpu accelerated version of Siri. All they need to do now is find a way to authenticate the iphone 4 into apple's servers and they are done

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast