+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Sprint Reports Best Sales Day Ever, Wishes iPhone Came Sooner, Other Carriers Happy Too

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Sprint Reports Best Sales Day Ever, Wishes iPhone Came Sooner, Other Carriers Happy Too

Sprint is reporting today will go down as the best single day of sales in the company's history.

“Sprint today reported its best ever day of sales in retail, web and telesales for a device family in Sprint history with the launch of iPhone 4S and iPhone 4. We reached this milestone at approximately noon CT/1pm ET. The response to this device by current and new customers has surpassed our expectations and validates our customers’ desire for a truly unlimited data pricing plan." — Sprint
    Some analysts are pegging today's cumulative iPhone 4S sales somewhere around 4 million units. Which isn't incredibly surprising after reading Sprints press release, or AT&T's for that matter. AT&T is claiming to have doubled their single day sales record for a device. Verizon has released any of their sales figures/information on their performance today, but it is likely just as ridiculous.

All of this equates to Scrooge McDuck like levels of money piling into Cupertino today. Apple's device broke single day sales records for not one, but two carriers, with likely a third breaking records as well. So much for the whole disappointing iPhone 4S coverage that permeated the Internets the last few days. I suppose all of us critics can respectfully take a bite out of Apple's I-Told-You-So urinal cakes.

P.S.

I feel bad for anyone caught in the mess that was AT&T's and Sprint's activation servers today. But, looking at these possible sales figures, it makes sense that the servers would be buckling under the pressure.

Source: AT&T, Sprint

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,055 Times in 773 Posts

Haaaa, I'm digging the header picture.

According to some videos showing off the speeds of the three carriers on the iPhone 4S, sprint is almost 10 times slower than Verizon and AT&T. They had good sales but I change my mind about ever considering their service. Unlimited, but super slow, and costing more. Just doesn't sound good to me.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks

Sprint's new motto should be "Sh!t just got real"

Thanks

T-Mobile needs to get off their *** and jump on the band wagon. I'm tired of their slow *** internet speeds.

My iPhone is a Part of Me delusion950's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wickedfx View Post
    T-Mobile needs to get off their *** and jump on the band wagon. I'm tired of their slow *** internet speeds.

Be more clear are you talking about slow speeds because you have EDGE on your unlocked iPhone? Slow speeds really... dude?

Here is slow for you tell me do you agree with me?

or maybe

As for the author, no disrespect but who uses PS these days writing an article. You can edit your article million times before it is published. That's old school.P.S.I feel bad for anyone caught in the mess that was AT&T's and Sprint's activation servers today. But, looking at these possible sales figures, it makes sense that the servers would be buckling under the pressure. Source: AT&T, SprintThis article was originally published in forum thread: Sprint Reports Best Sales Day Ever, Wishes iPhone Came Sooner, Other Carriers Happy Too started by Phillip Swanson View original postCategories: iPhone Apple Mac
    Last edited by delusion950; 10-14-2011 at 10:32 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me GrandMstrBud's Avatar
    Thanks

I was so close to buying one outright from Sprint but I don't know with all these new iPhones out there I'm guessing their data speeds will decrease a lot. I do like the fact that Sprint has 3G coverage at almost everywhere I've been where as T-Mobile or AT&T are mainly only 3G in town but drop to EDGE in rural areas. I know Verizon has just as good 3G coverage as Sprint but they are a lot more expensive. Hopefully Sprint can do something to keep their speeds reasonable because I have SERO and I love that plan. The only reason I'm reluctant on the iPhone now is all their BS lawsuits with Samsung. I have the iPad 2 and yes it's great and you can't beat the $30 a month unlimited plan but not sure if I'll ditch that for the T-Mobile 10.1 tablet or not. The lack of an external SD slot is what has me thinking stay because I have a lot of stuff on my 64GB iPad.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by frijoleroh View Post
    That video is retarded. At the end with the SpeedTest app, all three phones were on different servers. AT&T phone was on a server in a different state.

Livin the iPhone Life Bluemoldycheeze88's Avatar
    Thanks

My friend got the Sprint iPhone 4s and I can personally verify it is super slow. My iPhone 3Gs makes it look like **** when browsing the web.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Beastly L92's Avatar
    Thanks

Lawlz @ "...validates our customer's desire for a truly unlimited data pricing plan."

What?! Sprint, you've had unlimited data for like, eleventy two years. Your biggest sales day ever had precisely zero to do with your data and everything to do with the fact that you started selling ****ing iPhones!

Your sales sucked yesterday and one year ago. You had truly unlimited data plans yesterday and one year ago. The ONE thing that changed was iPhone. Quit tryin to church it up and take credit.

Thanks

Good sprint sold a lot of iPhones

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Beastly L92 View Post
    Lawlz @ "...validates our customer's desire for a truly unlimited data pricing plan."

What?! Sprint, you've had unlimited data for like, eleventy two years. Your biggest sales day ever had precisely zero to do with your data and everything to do with the fact that you started selling ****ing iPhones!

Your sales sucked yesterday and one year ago. You had truly unlimited data plans yesterday and one year ago. The ONE thing that changed was iPhone. Quit tryin to church it up and take credit.
    Word!

Thanks

slow my *** this what i get on my S2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sprint Reports Best Sales Day Ever, Wishes iPhone Came Sooner, Other Carriers Happy Too-sc20111014-131643.png  
    Last edited by xhenryrx; 10-15-2011 at 06:54 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me GrandMstrBud's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow I didn't know they had unlimited data for eleventy two years. Thanks for the info

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes and no. A lot of people in line who didn't have grandfathered unlimited from either ATT or VZW were jumping ship for the Sprint plan. People do want the unlimited data but not as much as they want the iPhone. When they can have both, they are happiest. So it DOES validate that they want unlimited data. If it didn't, Sprint would not have had massive sales. Everyone would simply go to another carrier that already has the iPhone.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xhenryrx View Post
    slow my *** this what i get on my S2
    Wow that is pretty fast... My iphone 4s just get to 2mb