+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4S Greeted By Massive Crowds at Apple Stores

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
It's the headline we all expected. On the day of launch for the new iPhone 4S, Apple fans have come pouring into their nearest Apple store all over the world
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,477 Times in 564 Posts

Default iPhone 4S Greeted By Massive Crowds at Apple Stores

It's the headline we all expected. On the day of launch for the new iPhone 4S, Apple fans have come pouring into their nearest Apple store all over the world to get their hands on the hottest new smartphone in mobile today.

In addition to the plethora of readers we've connected with about their experiences with long lines today, the Wall Street Journal has taken a macro-look at the iPhone 4S launch today, which suggests that global turnout is strong. From London and New York to Japan and even Australia, many Apple stores were cleaned out of their iPhone 4S inventory before late morning had arrived.
    Apple has already said first-day preorders for the iPhone 4S, which began a week ago, topped one million units, beating the company's own expectation and sales for earlier models. Smartphones are not only one of the fastest-growing parts of the technology sector, but have since 2007 also become Apple's single-largest product category.
    While some have noticed smaller lines outside of Apple stores this time around for a new iPhone launch, it should be noted that never before has Apple launched a new handset that was available at so many retail outlets and through so many carriers. As a result, the massive traffic has been spread out substantially. So the fact that we're still seeing long lines is particularly impressive.

According to the WSJ report today, Piper Jaffray analyst Gene Munster estimates Apple will sell 25 million handsets in the current quarter - three million more units than were sold in the last quarter. All told, the iPhone 4S will be good for business. And next Tuesday, we'll get a better look at just how good business has been to Apple of late as the company announces its latest quarterly earnings.

Source: WSJ
    Image: Charlotte Observer

Green Apple
    Thanks
    That crowd isn't exactly what I would describe as 'massive'.

Impatiently awaiting fed ex to bring me Christmas early.

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,057 Times in 1,696 Posts

all alone without homes.

iPhone? More like MyPhone shigh's Avatar
    Thanks

Im still waiting on fedex as well. I work at a gas station and one of the fedex drivers came through. I bought his lunch so he would look for my phone. (it only cost two dollars)

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I got mines in the mail!! Thank you UPS and APPLE! Took only 2 days to arrive to me in Vancouver, check out my unboxing guys! lol yea I am a bit too happy! haha! (as i was told it would not arrive till monday/when I called they said that last night) Iphone 4S White UNBOXING! (APPLE-CANADA-UNLOCKED OFFICAL) - YouTube

Thanks
    Went down to the Manchester store at 7 am the q was chicken Oriental. Couldn't be arsed with it. Fair play to any one who did.

Green Apple
    Thanks

It's MICRO Essany, not macro

Thanks

I'm jealous ever since the 1st gen iPhone was released I always bought a new iPhone on launch day... This time the price is too high, man this sucks... Lol

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i waited 15 minutes at 10am at the att store. everyone that was camping 10+ hours is crazy

Green Apple
    Thanks

I'll wait till tomorrow...........

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

There was a massive queue here in Manchester at all phone shops including Apple obviously.

My iPhone is a Part of Me delusion950's Avatar
    Thanks

This pic def dont look like massive crowds ahaha

Thanks

I passed my local Apple Store just to check in on the lines, and a lot of people came from far away. Since Canada is the only place in the americas selling unlocked 4Ss at the moment, there were people from brazil!

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AfterMercyFM View Post
    That crowd isn't exactly what I would describe as 'massive'.

Impatiently awaiting fed ex to bring me Christmas early.
    I thought this too. Then I realized that they bend around the corner there.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

The "crowd" was less than any of the iPhone first day sale I've seen thus far, if they got more pre-orders and record sales it is because of Sprint adding iPhones.I would not call this Massive...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

the crowd in thedoesnt look massive, however i was at eaton center today and they were sold out and according to one of the apple employee it was a really busy day tried siri out and it worked pretty darn well even though there was a lot of external noise i havent decided if id be getting one or wait till next year

iPhone? More like MyPhone Striknine's Avatar
    Thanks

Here in Annapolis Maryland the line was small. I called to see if apple had any phones left at 3pm and they told me they had enough and they would not sell out. That's a first. I pre ordered mine from AT&T online and it was delivered today at 2pm.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

lol. All these clowns that were camping out at the Apple store here since 10:00 pm the previous night. I took a quick break at work around 11:00 am, walked into the Apple store, and walked out 10 minutes later with the same phone that others waited ten HOURS for.

Green Apple
    Thanks

It is mostly Internet orders.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I camped out for the 4 and 4S launches and was surprised when the 4S was maybe a quarter of the turnout that the 4 had at the Apple store in Knoxville.