+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T Struggling to Meet iPhone 4S Activation Demands

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Every new phone is the same thing all over again. Apple and the carriers know that the demand was going to be high and the tech can't keep up. Now
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Every new phone is the same thing all over again. Apple and the carriers know that the demand was going to be high and the tech can't keep up. Now with Sprint in the mix, that even makes things more and more busy. I was just by the Apple store today at my nearby mall, and the line was large and going around several stores. Good thing it stopped raining today. When I got my i4 last year, I waited till Day 2. I only had to wait an hour (I was 5th in line) and when the store opened up at 8:30, I was in and out in 15 mins. I can't see myself waiting all day for a phone. I like my i4, and there has to be a very compelling reason for me to get the 4s.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Mine took about an hour with AT&T this morning

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Can owners of the iphone 4 simply switch the SIM cards to the new iphone 4S??

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default ATT keeps transferring me to Apply for activation
    Quote Originally Posted by NiteStar View Post
    I called up AT&T directly and activated my phone in about 2 minutes. It was around 12:30 EST, so I'm guessing I was either extremely lucky or the earlier problems yinz had were fixed. I love this new phone, but I can't wait until I jailbreak it. I miss SBsettings among other things. lol
    I keep on getting the "Your activation is still pending" error. Called AT&T and told them that I have been trying to activate for the past hour and I was given an attitude by the cs. She said "Do you realize you are not the only one trying to activate an iphone today? I said do you realize that I am a paying customer and if I'm even a day late on paying my bill that you guys charges me a late fee and why am I paying an upgrade/activation fee? She said she will waive the $18 activation on my account. She connected me to apple support but of course, apple says it's ATT activation servers that are clogged up.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,718 Times in 1,171 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnow! View Post
    Can owners of the iphone 4 simply switch the SIM cards to the new iphone 4S??
    nope,Thats what I'm doing. The iP4s still needs to be activated

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

This is showing us that tons of people stayed with AT&T instead of going to Verizon or Sprint.

Broomy did you get your phone activated?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

People are too impatient. It's just a phone, that can't even be jailbroken yet.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I took a chance and didn't pre order last week...I didn't want to wait around all day today waiting for my iphone. So this morning I went to my local AT&T store to try and get one. There was no line but the store was full..they had about 20 employees working. I asked if they still had the new iPhone and they said yes I was in and out with my newiPhone within 30 minutes. It did take me about an hour to restore my phone because I couldn't connected iTunes to have it registered. I just kept trying and it finally worked. Over all I think Apple did a good job on the supply..this is the first year that I actually was able to get it on the first day

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Delay in the delivery of iphone4s
    I ordered my new phone on the 1st day it was available for preorder. I was told it was the best way to receive the phone on the day it was released. Today is the 14th and it is still backordered. I called AT&T to complain. Why aren,'t they honoring their preorders from their best customers before having them available in stores? Is this happening to anybody else ? When will they really be shipped ?

Thanks

i called up atnt my self directly and they could not do anything for me

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lkailburn View Post
    *shrug, no problems here in CO. Canceled my preorder from apple and walked right into an AT&T store at 9:30 and was out in 15 minutes. On it right now replying.

-Luke
    Same here. it was easier this morning than when i preorder last year for iphone 4. i got to the att store at 10am and walked out 15 mins later with an activated phone

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

We are at their mercy. I am almost be willing to return the phone, pay the disconnect fee and go back to horizon.

iPhone? More like MyPhone shigh's Avatar
    Thanks

Got er did. Using my 4s now. It is sweet

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Worked first try when I got home from my office. Score

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

duplicate
    Last edited by shawn o; 10-14-2011 at 03:52 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Some of these comments are downright hilarious. There were over 1 million preorders. I am sure at least half of those were ATT. That coupled with all of the activations people were doing in Apple and ATT stores makes for a lot of activations. It's not about the billions of dollars you have. Setting up an infrastructure to handle that load for a single day every year makes no economical sense whatsoever. This is probably why you closet economists aren't actually doing the books for AT&T.

Thanks

mines work just fine now,after trying numerous of times earlier and after work it finally worked

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I got mine from UPS at 9:30a took to AT&T to change phone number from one used to purchase to my number, since we have family plan. Got there at 10:30am and spent an hour, but left without activation. 6 hours later but still no iPhone 4s working. Worst part is that my old 3GS is offline during this whole time too, since tech went to switch over. Hopefully soon! Siri, I want you!

MCN
    Thanks

I just went to Att.com and entered my order number and sim card number. Said in progress and could take up to 8 hours. So I waited 45 seconds and rebooted my phone and sure enough I was in business! Now just debating if I should go untethered for the first time ever...Been Jailbreaking since the Original iPhone when there was a lot more to it than just clicking the next button...The only thing I miss about my 3Gs is the original boot rom... to tether, or not to tether??

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ordered my 64gb online a few days ago from att only to be told its a 21 day wait, checked with local apple store and they have phones instock ready for purchase wtf

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12