+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ultrasn0w for iOS 5 Now Available

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by aboriani Forgive my ignorance... So, if i own a factory unlocked iphone4, i will NEVER need the Ultrasn0w, right? All i need is Redsn0w, to jailbreak my
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aboriani View Post
    Forgive my ignorance... So, if i own a factory unlocked iphone4, i will NEVER need the Ultrasn0w, right? All i need is Redsn0w, to jailbreak my iPhone...

And another question... if i update to iOs5 and jailbreak it thetered, will be possible to re-jailbreak my iPhone unthetered? What should i do?
    No, u will never need ultrasn0w to unlock a factory unlocked iPhone 4, and if u tether jb iOS 5 u will be able to re-jailbreak your iPhone 4 untethered when available.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Your baseband has nothing to do with the ability to jailbreak tethered or untethered. Baseband only matters for unlocking purposes.
    Thanks Simon! That is what I thought but I was not 100% sure. I really want to update to IOS 5 and I am willing to go without a jailbroken iPhone for a short while to wait on the untethered JB. I hate dealing with tethered JB and there is still many apps, tweets, and mods that need to be update to work on IOS 5. By waiting, this will give me some time to get familiar with all the new features in IOS 5.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by puissance000 View Post
    I was hoping for some new additional baseband support.... Oh well..
    Apple should offer unlocks for the iPhone 4 since unlocked versions r currently being sold IMHO

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Je5 View Post
    fail
    is this untethered jailbreak on iphone 4 gsm?

Green Apple
    Thanks

so from my understanding,if i have a 3GS on a eligible baseband, my phone can be j/b and unlocked on iOS 5? now that was fast! good job!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Yes certain basebands on the 3GS can be unlocked.
    On the iPhone 4, the only baseband that is unlockable is the first one: 1.59.00. All others are not unlockable. That has nothing to do with the jailbreak itself. 4.3.3 is the latest untethered jailbreak.

It's good that Apple is selling off contract unlocked phones. IMHO, it is because there are a choice of carriers now. AT&T had the monopoly on the phone, now there are three carriers who have the phone in both CDMA and GSM. I wish the carriers would unlock them after a certain period of time or a small fee. Who knows.....

Thanks

AT&T should unlock iPhone 4.
    Ultrasn0w will never support iPhone 4 unlocks on newer baseband, the dev team has no idea how to unlock new basebands

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123