Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ultrasn0w for iOS 5 Now Available

Quote Originally Posted by el diablo View Post
    iphone 3GS with BB 06.15.00 tethered or untethered?
    to answer my own question is untether

Whats gonna happen to apple fans when jailbreak becomes history??

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

It never will

I was hoping for some new additional baseband support.... Oh well..

to answer my own question is untether
    even with new bootrom (and ipad bb)??

My iPhone is a Part of Me Jay316's Avatar
    Thanks

Good news, I guess this is a big step in the untethered jailbreak
    16GB iPhone 4
    160GB Black iPod Classic

Sold
    16GB iPhone 3GS
    60GB iPod Classic
    80GB iPod Classic

Broke
    120GB iPod Classic
    16GB iPhone

Thanks
    Thanked 15,543 Times in 7,106 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jay316 View Post
    Good news, I guess this is a big step in the untethered jailbreak
    Doesn't really have anything to do with the untethered jailbreak.

Quote Originally Posted by RochOAR View Post
    even with new bootrom (and ipad bb)??
    yes

Thanks

iphone 3GS with BB 06.15.00 tethered or untethered?
    old bootrom is untethered. New bootrom is tethered.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    old bootrom is untethered. New bootrom is tethered.
    i have my 3GS with BB6.15.00 is untethered on iOS 5

Thanks

i have my 3GS with BB6.15.00 is untethered on iOS 5
    Then you must have a old bootrom 3GS. Your 6.15 baseband has nothing to do with that though.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I went to cydia and the update for the new ultrasn0w was there waiting to be installed. I just found out that this was the update for the io5. Now patiently waiting for the untether.........

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I cooked a custom 5.0 FW with snowbreeze in windows, but itunes did not install on my 3GS baseband 5.13.04. Have I done anything wrong?
    Does anyone have a known good cooked 5.0 FW?
    Last edited by ttatta; 10-14-2011 at 08:54 PM.

After finding out I had the old bootrom, I gave it a whirl. Easily made the custom FW with Sn0wbreeze, Jb'd, and unlocked. Only problem was I added a bunch of unsupported ios 5 tweaks and my system kept crashing. I got to bare bones tweaks and everything is good. Can't wait for more updates, especially winterboard.

I currently have an iPhone 4 CDMA running on IOS 4.2.6 that is jailbroken with greenpois0n. I am going to wait until there is a untethered jailbreak for the IOS 5 before I jailbreak my iPhone. However, I do not care about preserving my baseband and unlocking my phone. I just only want to jailbreak me iPhone. Is it ok to restore via iTunes to IOS 5 now and then jailbreak my iPhone when the untethered jailbreak comes out for IOS 5 or should I wait and install a custom ISPW via whatever jailbreaking tool come out for untethered IOS 5? In other words, if I restore via iTunes would I still be able to jailbreak later? Thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gjm4jc View Post
    I currently have an iPhone 4 CDMA running on IOS 4.2.6 that is jailbroken with greenpois0n. I am going to wait until there is a untethered jailbreak for the IOS 5 before I jailbreak my iPhone. However, I do not care about preserving my baseband and unlocking my phone. I just only want to jailbreak me iPhone. Is it ok to restore via iTunes to IOS 5 now and then jailbreak my iPhone when the untethered jailbreak comes out for IOS 5 or should I wait and install a custom ISPW via whatever jailbreaking tool come out for untethered IOS 5? In other words, if I restore via iTunes would I still be able to jailbreak later? Thanks
    I would wait install custom ipsw to preserve baseband whenever untether arrives OR u could tether jb now to just re-jb later with untether when available.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RochOAR View Post
    After finding out I had the old bootrom, I gave it a whirl. Easily made the custom FW with Sn0wbreeze, Jb'd, and unlocked. Only problem was I added a bunch of unsupported ios 5 tweaks and my system kept crashing. I got to bare bones tweaks and everything is good. Can't wait for more updates, especially winterboard.
    Did you this with a Mac or Windows? Did not work for me in Windows.

Quote Originally Posted by mikerlx View Post
    I would wait install custom ipsw to preserve baseband whenever untether arrives OR u could tether jb now to just re-jb later with untether when available.
    Yeah I will just wait till untethered JB is available. However, do I need to preserve my baseband in order to later JB untethered. I thought by preserving my baseband I will be able to unlock the iPhone. I do not care about unlocking it, only just jailbreaking it. So if I do a restore and update to IOS 5 via itunes would I be able to do a untethered JB later when it comes out? Thanks

Thanks

Your baseband has nothing to do with the ability to jailbreak tethered or untethered. Baseband only matters for unlocking purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by mikerlx View Post
    Redsn0w is a jailbreak program to jailbreak an iPhone (put cydia on ur springboard).
    Ultrasn0w is sub program (within cydia) that unlocks the iPhone 4 with a rare baseband 01.59.00 only! as it also supports other rare 3GS basebands specifically noted. Ultrasn0w also unlocks the original iPhone and iPhone 3G without a hitch!

Any other sn0w colors r considered userland jailbreaks by people that created a jailbreak to put cydia on there springboard and some are very good ideas.

Tethered jailbreaks r a hassle because depending on the tweaks or cool cydia apps u may need to reboot and lose the jailbreak and/or more.
    Untether jailbreaks r preferred as it doesn't require a computer to reboot in case ur phone needs to be powered off.
    Forgive my ignorance... So, if i own a factory unlocked iphone4, i will NEVER need the Ultrasn0w, right? All i need is Redsn0w, to jailbreak my iPhone...

And another question... if i update to iOs5 and jailbreak it thetered, will be possible to re-jailbreak my iPhone unthetered? What should i do?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast