+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Multifl0w Adds iOS 5 Support [GIVEAWAY]

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Although iOS 5 is pretty jam packed, for us avid jailbreak users, we still see the need to jailbreak our devices. The list could go on forever on the things
    Thanks

Default Multifl0w Adds iOS 5 Support [GIVEAWAY]

Although iOS 5 is pretty jam packed, for us avid jailbreak users, we still see the need to jailbreak our devices. The list could go on forever on the things that Apple has left out with iOS 5 and what the jailbreak community has to offer as an alternative. A recent article about Mail Enhancer (now compatible on iOS 5) discussed the fact that there are still a ton of major hotspots that are in need of improvement from various jailbreak tweaks and applications. Alongside the mail client, as discussed with Mail Enhancer, another area that lacks a lot of useful functionality is multitasking. The AppSwitcher has been available since the release of iOS 4 and has been viewed on both the positive and negative side of the spectrum. Some of us think the AppSwitcher is perfect for our iOS experience while others find it useless and not appealing. For those of us who were looking for a multitasking alternative, Multifl0w was the most definite choice. A staple iOS jailbreak application, Multifl0w changes up the multitasking experience and truly offers a method of application switching that stock iOS lacks.

Not only does Multifl0w offer an alternative application switching method but it does it in a professional, elegant, and clean way. It's comprehensive in terms of settings, features, and quality. Now that iOS 5 is public, you're able to experience Multifl0w once again on the new 5.x. firmware.

The developer Aaron Ash (@aaronash) recently updated Multifl0w to add iOS 5 support. This is exciting news for many of us (including myself) who put Multifl0w on our "must have list" for jailbreaking. The newest version of Multifl0w takes all the same functionality it had in previous firmwares and allows users on iOS 5 to experience it as well. Having toyed with a ton on iOS 5, it runs beautifully and I can guarantee you will be very satisfied with its performance.

Multifl0w is available publicly on the BigBoss repository and is a free update for all users who have purchased it previously. If you haven't bought it or given it a look yet, I urge you to take the plunge. It is available in Cydia now for $4.99.

For those of you that may not know what Multifl0w is all about, here's an excellent demo video to show you all that Multifl0w has to offer:

The winners of the giveaway have been picked. If you did not get a mention from me on Twitter or Google+, sorry! But don't worry - there's much more to come!

Source(s): Aaron Ash
    Last edited by Joshua Tucker; 10-15-2011 at 09:03 AM.

Thanks

Sweet been waiting for this!

Thanks

So is this like a drawing type thing or first to post

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Megaorange View Post
    So is this like a drawing type thing or first to post
    Drawing. I will be using a random number generator to choose the winners.
    Last edited by Joshua Tucker; 10-14-2011 at 02:39 AM.

Thanks

Ok cool

iPhone? More like MyPhone Tucnepo's Avatar
    Thanks

Got it yesterday while it still says " to be tested" and it works

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Now I just need untethered a Jailbreak =)

iPhone? More like MyPhone therandy's Avatar
    Thanks

wait...i thought activator was still an issue...i restored to public iOS 5 wednesday and immediately jailbroke without a problem...installed mywi and multiflow and it caused my apps to be at 1/4 of the screen...had to do a restore again because i was retarded and didn't install sbsetting yet so i couldn't disable the extensions or go into safe mode.So is the 1/4 screen thing fixed?

peu
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by therandy View Post
    wait...i thought activator was still an issue...i restored to public iOS 5 wednesday and immediately jailbroke without a problem...installed mywi and multiflow and it caused my apps to be at 1/4 of the screen...had to do a restore again because i was retarded and didn't install sbsetting yet so i couldn't disable the extensions or go into safe mode.So is the 1/4 screen thing fixed?
    Its been fixed days ago. Also there is no need to restore if this happens, just connect via ssh, and DPKG -r libactivator and any packages associated to it and problem solved.

iPhone? More like MyPhone therandy's Avatar
    Thanks

i also didn't have ssh installed =( hmm well thats weird that I still had the 1/4 screen app problem. Thanks

My iPhone is a Part of Me zinjen's Avatar
    Thanks

been looking forward to this... would love to get a copy of Multifl0w!
    Don't forget to hit the thanks button if you liked what I said or did

"The Veins of Electricity" 240v's Avatar
    Thanks

Does my Cydia number stay the same if i upgrade?
    ~ 240VOLTS ~

Thanks

I found a bug in the latest updated multiflow. I have iPhone 4 iOS 5 GM JB with redsn0w 0.9.9b3 and when I change the "switcher style" to Cards it causes the iphone to crash and go into safe mode. I uninstalled and reinstalled Multiflow and still crashed. Finally with multiflow installed I used iFile to go to Library/MobileSubstrate/DynamicLibraries/ and I deleted Multifl0w.dylib. Then I resprung my iPhone and went into settings Multiflow changed "switcher style" back to Expose and then went into cydia and uninstalled Multiflow and then resprung and reinstalled multiflow and now it is working again. Just a heads up if you experience this.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 240v View Post
    Does my Cydia number stay the same if i upgrade?
    No - your Cydia Account Number remains the matter same no matter what. It is linked to your account, not to your firmware or device.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Safemode
    Quote Originally Posted by reyg25atx View Post
    I found a bug in the latest updated multiflow. I have iPhone 4 iOS 5 GM JB with redsn0w 0.9.9b3 and when I change the "switcher style" to Cards it causes the iphone to crash and go into safe mode. I uninstalled and reinstalled Multiflow and still crashed. Finally with multiflow installed I used iFile to go to Library/MobileSubstrate/DynamicLibraries/ and I deleted Multifl0w.dylib. Then I resprung my iPhone and went into settings Multiflow changed "switcher style" back to Expose and then went into cydia and uninstalled Multiflow and then resprung and reinstalled multiflow and now it is working again. Just a heads up if you experience this.
    Thanks it worked!

My iPhone is a Part of Me stocis's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bthomp2000 View Post
    Thanks it worked!
    didn't work for me. as soon as I chose cards again, it crashed
    Thanks is an acknowledgment

iPhone? More like MyPhone Liveitlive's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by therandy View Post
    i also didn't have ssh installed =( hmm well thats weird that I still had the 1/4 screen app problem. Thanks

I had the 1/4 screen issue with the modmyi app oddly enough... Respring and it righted itself. But I am also having a thing where when I close an app with multigesture on iPad 2 iOS 5.0.1 and open another one it doesn't show up in the multiflow expose screen... Even thoght I know I have multiple apps open it will say no back grounding apps or w.e. until I exit with the home button and go back into the apps one by one then they will show up. And has anyone else noticed that while switching apps it will do a little slide sidways like the stock switching at the end right before usually enter the app?

P.s. very misleading video regarding the iPad... Shows 1 transition! No wonder i found 3 bugs sine i got it a half hr ago. Plz fix... For 5 bucks I expected it to run smooooth, not how it does... Love the idea but if it worked fine on IPad 2 I would give 5 stars. As is I would pay 99 cents lol
    Last edited by Liveitlive; 02-09-2012 at 11:52 PM.