+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Launch Apps From Notification Center with AppsCenter [Coming Soon] [GIVEAWAY]

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Starting from the very first beta of iOS 5, the Notification Center has always been an area of interest for jailbreak developers. Ranging from tweaks to widgets, there have been
    Thanks

Default Launch Apps From Notification Center with AppsCenter [Coming Soon] [GIVEAWAY]

Starting from the very first beta of iOS 5, the Notification Center has always been an area of interest for jailbreak developers. Ranging from tweaks to widgets, there have been numerous packages for the Notification Center that have been released under the "beta" status for the few of us that were on the betas. Now that iOS 5 is public, the floodgates are open and it is guaranteed that the Notification Center is going to be a major hotspot.

So far, we have tweaks/widgets for Notification Center that range from categories such as music, the iOS dock, Twitter and Facebook, and a few others. One that will soon be added to the list, AppsCenter by Filippo Bigarella (@FilippoBiga), will allow users to launch applications directly from the Notification Center.

When you have AppsCenter enabled on the Notification Center, you have access to a scrollable dock with all your respective applications. Tapping on them will open that specific application. Note that it gives you access to all your applications, not just the ones on your dock.

Inside the Settings tab for AppsCenter, you toggle a ton of things to change the experience of AppsCenter. Some of them include the following:
    • All Apps - Enable or disable whether you want all your applications to be accessible from AppsCenter
    • Paging - Changes up how the window scrolls
    • Hide Labels - Show the names of the applications or not
    • Apps per Page - Determines how many application icons show per page
    • Sort Apps - Have an option to sort the applications by either name, category, or an option to not sort at all
    • Choose Apps - If you have All Apps disabled, you can choose which applications you wish to show in the window of AppsCenter

Of all the features, I think that the Choose Apps option makes this application superb. Customization is key when it comes to packages like this and AppsCenter offers that. Having been able to test this application courtesy of Filippo, I can tell you that it works well thus far on iOS 5.

As mentioned in the title, it is coming soon (no ETA given). It is still in beta status but is well on its way to release. When it is released, it will be $1.99.

The winners of the giveaway have been picked. If you did not get a mention from me on Twitter or Google+, sorry! But don't worry - there's much more to come!

Stay tuned!

Source(s): Filippo Bigarella
    Last edited by Joshua Tucker; 10-13-2011 at 06:37 PM.

Thanks

Sweet!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I'm waiting to have "multitask" background apps in my notification center. I want to not have to use the "switcher" anymore.

My iPhone is a Part of Me mustard05's Avatar
    Thanks

I would rather use the dock. Maybe I am not getting the point. Why open the phone, just to swipe down so you can open an App when you can have it in the dock or on the the home page. It just seems redundant.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mustard05 View Post
    I would rather use the dock. Maybe I am not getting the point. Why open the phone, just to swipe down so you can open an App when you can have it in the dock or on the the home page. It just seems redundant.
    The advantage to AppsCenter is you can set how many applications you want in your window as well as how many per page. So, with your argument about the dock, AppsCenter is not just limited to those apps that I displayed. You've got a lot more functionality with it, plus it's available everywhere with the Notification Center.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Very nice, come on untethered jailbreak!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Aenima133 View Post
    I'm waiting to have "multitask" background apps in my notification center. I want to not have to use the "switcher" anymore.

Yeah i thought this was like the multitasking bar but in the notification center...but its not it just set apps specific app you want or all of them? having the multitasking bar with ipod control is a great idea... no more double pressing and wearing out the button..

My iPhone is a Part of Me mustard05's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Tucker View Post
    The advantage to AppsCenter is you can set how many applications you want in your window as well as how many per page. So, with your argument about the dock, AppsCenter is not just limited to those apps that I displayed. You've got a lot more functionality with it, plus it's available everywhere with the Notification Center.
    If you can launch it from the "lock screen" then it will be very useful. Thanks for your reply

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Is there a list of these released tweaks for notification center? I have tried looking in Cydia and have not found any/ don't know what to search for.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i think it's cool.. so i just have to open notification center .. good job guys

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

cool cant wait for that to happen