+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iFixit Reveals the iPhone 4S's Internal Organs

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by Redspyda So does this mean that the radio is compatible with t-mobiles 3g frequency? If so this would be awesome as they are selling unlocked might as
    My iPhone is a Part of Me kuhndsn's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Redspyda View Post
    So does this mean that the radio is compatible with t-mobiles 3g frequency? If so this would be awesome as they are selling unlocked might as well make it compatible with all gsm networks
    All factory unlocked Gsm works with any gsm carrier with the iPhone.

Quote Originally Posted by unklbyl View Post
    I just got done taking mine apart. A little scary, considering the fact that the phone does not exist untill tomorrow, but...First 2 screws come out as usual. The back plate is a little differient, and feels cheaply made. It comes off kind of hard, and you need to pry a little, one side, then the other. The battery connector is held in place with 2 screws, and the upper screw holds an EMEI sheild from the ringer assembly in place. The antennae cable from the ringer / buzzer assembly is really long, and snakes around and to the right of the battery connector. When you take the second screw out, be careful and watch where the small shield flies when you undo the battery clip. The vibrator is weaker. I see myself missing calls in silent mode. The camera looks cool, somehow sunken in the frame. Almost looks like something is missing. I got the factory unlocked model, and cannot seem to put it into DFU mode. Dunno. Maybe i am just too dumb or impatient. Maybe both. Screen replacement will be a pain, but doable. It took me about ten times on the 4 before it felt comfortable. We will see.
    Not calling your bluff. But, how in the world did you get a factory unlocked ip4s. Last I heard they didn't ship yet, I know you can't order them. Also rumor has it the ones unlocked from apl won't have CDMA hardware in them only gsm. Did you get it unlocked in Europe? I know I had my IP4 and 3 done that way from a friend at a carrier t-mobile de. Or shall I ask,,,, how is the weather in China? Lol
    Last edited by kuhndsn; 10-13-2011 at 05:01 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

wait around for a while, someone will..

Quote Originally Posted by aonavy View Post
    512 Ram is just fine. Im not complaining

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickGSR94 View Post
    crap I was hoping for more than 512 MB RAM. Oh well I guess anything is better than my crash-happy 3GS with 256 MB.
    I freeze/crash my 4 quite often lately with 512. Very disappointed myself!

The 20th Member
    Thanks

nice pics of the guts

Green Apple
    Thanks
    only reason I'm upgrading is the camera & if i don't sell this iPhone 4 now, i won't be able to make the leap to the 5 with such financial grace. i can upgrade with att at the end of november. att upgrade policy indicates that you must wait 18 months. I'm sure that had nothing to do with the timing of the 4S.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by daytonaviolet View Post
    so the linear osculating vibrator vs rotational electric motor is harder to feel in your pocket? i think the ip4 with the rotational electric motor is already hard to feel while in my pocket..but now its worse with the osculating vibrator?
    i have the CDMA iphone 4 with the osculating vibrator and i think is as easy if not easier to feel in my pocket v.s. my friends GSM iphone 4 and mine is a lot quieter

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ok Iphone squad, I have a 3gs, I am asking would you upgrade or just wait? your opinion is needed please

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isquirt View Post
    ok Iphone squad, I have a 3gs, I am asking would you upgrade or just wait? your opinion is needed please

Upgrade, no questions asked.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Im so Freaking excited that in 12 short answers I will have a brand new iPhone 4s in my hot little hands. Luckily I work for att so I'm guaranteed to be the first in line tomorrow morning... Last year we had a line at least 50 long and we got 2 in that morning. I took one and my coworker took one. Hahaha. The people waiting were pissed we didn't get our second shipment in until after 4:00 pm. Hope we get more this year. )

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    Why killing apps on iOS is pointless

Great article people should read before complaining about needing more RAM on iOS.
    Great article - agreed!

Review for me, but I hear a lot from people that don't understand how iOS multitasking truly works.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isquirt View Post
    UPGRADE!
    This is a quantum leap, and a well deserved one. If you enjoyed the 3GS, you will LOVE the 4S. Speed is amazing, screen is very nice, and the camera is awesome.
    The switch that you need to do is the SIM card is a micro instead of the big one. You can cut the card, or order a replacement card.
    Have fun!
    unklbyl

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Less than a 1GB of RAM and no NFC chip is a complete deal breaker! According to AT&T and Verizon data is scarce and I can't afford having to reload static web pages. The iPhone is officially a year behind in hardware.

Thanks

To bump from 4 to 4s is not necessarily a good move. I personally will wait for the 5. My wife loves the picture quality of the 4s and that is all. Not impressed with the new lady in the house (siri), does not play games, so for me it is win / win.
    unklbyl

iPhone? More like MyPhone chad daddy's Avatar
    Thanks

When the phone is outdated. (much like 3GS is now) it would have been nice to have the gig of ram that it will need in the future. Apple is just being cheap and people agree with it because it's what they say.

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chad daddy View Post
    When the phone is outdated. (much like 3GS is now) it would have been nice to have the gig of ram that it will need in the future. Apple is just being cheap and people agree with it because it's what they say.
    No phone should ever need 1GB of RAM at this day and age. Android phones need 1GB of RAM because they are full of bloatware and the interfaces aren't coded very well. iOS is lighter and only uses about 100-300MB of RAM at a time depending on what you are processing. Also, the more RAM, the worse the battery life would be.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    What were you hoping the extra 512MB of ram would accomplish? The existing RAM runs even the most complex games without an issue. The OS already auto closes apps held in RAM when it needs to free some up.

Android phones NEED 1GB just to function properly with the resource hog OS and bloated UI skins the manufacturers load on.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbcox0327 View Post
    I freeze/crash my 4 quite often lately with 512. Very disappointed myself!
    See this is what I was afraid of. My 3GS crashes out apps ALL the time, and I fully attribute it to being jailbroken. I don't know if some JB package is causing some kind of memory drain or what. My wife's non-JB 3GS never crashes out, ever. And now hearing that iP4 users are experiencing crashes is not good news to me.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12