Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Updates Slew of Official Apps and Releases Cards and iTunes Movie Trailers Apps

Thanks

Default Apple Updates Slew of Official Apps and Releases Cards and iTunes Movie Trailers Apps

The release of iOS 5, iCloud, and Mac OS X 10.7.2 weren’t the only things that Apple rolled out today. Apple’s built-in iPhone and iPad applications such as the iWork suite, iMovie, Remote, and Find my iPhone were also reported to receive updates. Along with all these updates, Apple also released Trailers, an iTunes movie trailers application along with the release of Cards, the card ordering app and service.

Some of Apple’s official built-in apps such as iMovie, Remote, and Find My iPhone have been updated with a slew of new features. The new update for iMovie (version 1.2.2) for iOS addresses minor issues and expands the support for videos imported from external cameras. The update is 69.4 MB and a new purchases will run users $4.99.The new update for Remote (version 2.2) provides compatibility with the recently released iOS 5, providing additional stability and performance improvements as well. The update is 15.4 MB and is a free download for those of you who may not already have it. The Find My iPhone app has also been updated recently with new features for iCloud users, including the ability to find a Mac and an option to request an email when an offline device comes online and is located. The update is 5.4 MB and is totally free as well.

The whole iWork suite including Pages, Keynote, and Numbers are updated and ready to go on the App Store too. For those of you who do not already own the software, each goes for $9.99 and all three are updated for iCloud functionality. The change logs were released for each of them and they can be found below:

Pages version 1.5 change log:

• Automatically store your documents in iCloud and keep them up to date across your iOS devices.
    • Download your documents to a Mac or PC at icloud.com/iwork as Pages '09, Word or PDF files.
    • Drag and drop Pages '09, Word, or plain text documents to icloud.com from your Mac or PC to have them automatically appear on your iOS devices.
    • User your voice to create and edit Pages documents with dictation in iOS 5 on your iPhone 4S.
    • Create footnotes and endnotes in your documents.
    • View improved word counts with character, paragraph, and page counts.
    • Improved compatibility with Microsoft Word and Pages '09.
    • Includes improved support for Chinese, Japanese, and Korean language input.
    Keynote version 1.5 change log:

• Use AirPlay to present wirelessly via Apple TV. Navigate slides, view presenter notes, and use the laser pointer while presenting from your iOS device.
    • New builds and transitions including Anvil, Blinds, Color Panes, Comet, Confetti, Diffuse and Sparkle.
    • Advanced presentation controls including looped slideshows and autoplay.
    • Support for slide-to-slide hyperlinks.
    • Improved compatibility with Microsoft PowerPoint and Keynote '09.
    • Includes improved support for Chinese, Japanese and Korean language input.
    Numbers version 1.5 change log:

• Use sliders, steppers, and pop-ups to easily enter data and explore results.
    • Use Merge Cells to format your tables.
    • Hide and show rows and columns.
    • Improved compatibility with Microsoft Excel and Numbers '09.
    • Includes improved support for Chinese, Japanese and Korean language input.

Apple also released two new universal applications called Cards (previously announced at the “Let’s Talk iPhone” media event) and iTunes Movie Trailers. Just as a heads up, both require iOS 5 – I assume this shouldn’t matter to many as there is no reason to not be on iOS 5 unless you are waiting to preserve your baseband and require an unlock. Going back to iTunes Movie Trailers, this app gives users access to trailers from Apple’s website, making them viewable in a native application on both the iPhone and the iPad. According to Apple, features for the app include the following:

• Access hundreds of movie trailers, clips, behind-the-scenes featurettes, and images, available in HD or SD.
    • Explore an interactive, year-long release calendar that helps you plan when you'll be going to the theaters.
    • Save favorite movies and theaters for immediate access anytime.
    • Search what's playing at your local theaters and purchase tickets directly from your iPad or iPhone.
    • Save images to your iPad photo gallery, to use as iPad or desktop wallpapers or send to your friends.
    • Browse top charts to view the most downloaded trailers, box office rankings, and top movies on iTunes to buy or rent.
    • Enjoy your favorite movie trailers on your TV with AirPlay and Apple TV.
    • Email or tweet trailer recommendations to your friends.
    • Use iCloud to push your favorite theaters and movie trailers to all of your iOS devices.

Apple’s Cards application is also available. This service lets users create and send custom-made greeting cards via the U.S Postal Service. The official description for the service mentions the following:

The new Cards app from Apple lets you create and mail beautifully crafted cards personalized with your own text and photos — right from your iPhone or iPod touch. Take a quick snapshot and with a few taps and swipes, an elegant letterpress card is on its way to any address in the world. Each card is just $2.99 when sent within the U.S. and $4.99 when sent to or from anywhere else. And that includes postage.
    The service offers custom letterpress cards with digital text and photos. Each card is made from 100 percent cotton paper and is imprinted with a debossed design. There will be a total of 21 designs available for six different occasions including: Thank You, Holiday, New Baby, Birthday, Love, and Travel. Users will be given the option to customize the placeholder text for any occasion, as well as add a photo to the card or just send one with text. Furthermore, location integration is also included in travel designs and photos with GPS data can show the name of the place where the photo was taken. The application also allows users to select an address from their Contacts list to easily personalize it, and orders can be placed with an Apple ID and password. If it’s being mailed within the US, the card will include Apple’s specially designed postage. The service even comes with delivery notification and a history of cards made. The cards can be resent to another recipient as well, making it easy to send out a number of Thank You cards or holiday cards for example.

Wednesday was a big day for Apple fans from all over. How many of you updated and had a chance to try iOS 5, iCloud, Mac OS X 10.7.2, iWorks, iMovie, Remote, Find My iPhone, iTunes Movie Trailers, and Cards? Sound like there will be a lot of things on my to-do list in the upcoming days, not to mention the arrival of the iPhone 4S as well. Share any thoughts and opinions you guys have in the comments below!

Source: iTunes App Store

P.S: Thanks TheCuteToothFairy
    Last edited by Akshay Masand; 10-13-2011 at 12:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Akshay Masand View Post
    The article says nothing but thanks tooth fairy, I'm guessing there was an error. Any idea if there is going to be a Cards for iPad? I can't believe they didn't make one.

Quote Originally Posted by emerica6708 View Post
    The article says nothing but thanks tooth fairy, I'm guessing there was an error. Any idea if there is going to be a Cards for iPad? I can't believe they didn't make one.
    try here?
    Apple, iPhone and iPad News | ModMyi - Apple Updates Slew of Official Apps and Releases Cards and iTunes Movie Trailers Apps

p.s. thanks, Mod tooth fairy

Thanks

Thanks tooth fairy! Lolz

Thanks

Sorry about that. The issue has been fixed. (You can Thank Cody for the fix) lol

Sorry about that. The issue has been fixed. (You can Thank Cody for the fix) lol
    Who's Cody?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by duromega View Post
    Who's Cody?
    Meet our Staff | ModMyi.com

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by duromega View Post
    Who's Cody?
    Seriously?

iPhone? More like MyPhone <(O)> Device's Avatar
    Thanks
    I'm surprised myself that it wasn't made for the iPad :-/ kinda disappointed but it's not a bad app on the iPhone

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

Wow nice thread! I didn't know I was liked so much! Your welcome!
    Last edited by thetoothfairy; 10-13-2011 at 06:44 PM. Reason: spell check

They probably didn't make one for the iPad because of two reasons. First not many people take family photos or vacation photos with a iPad. Secondly the camera on the iPad totally sucks! Just my opinion.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Slmchrist View Post
    They probably didn't make one for the iPad because of two reasons. First not many people take family photos or vacation photos with a iPad. Secondly the camera on the iPad totally sucks! Just my opinion.
    The camera in the front sucks but the back takes very decent pictures.