+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Article: Samsung Ambushing iPhone Launch in Sydney With 'Pop-Up' Store

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by truenorth It's Sydney, not Sidney. No offense, but you guys need to hire an editor or something. This, and October 10th-16th is SEVEN days. Don't believe me?
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by truenorth View Post
    It's Sydney, not Sidney.
    No offense, but you guys need to hire an editor or something. This, and October 10th-16th is SEVEN days. Don't believe me? Count how many numbers there are: 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16. 7*10 = 70 Galaxy S2s. Also, "not negligible" implies that the number IS material. I got what you were trying to say, but the language is off.

Either way, this was a good find. Samsung is loldumb if they think 70 units at a 99% subsidized price will help drive their business in any meaningful way. Definitely gave me a good laugh.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default I agree
    Quote Originally Posted by Beastly L92 View Post
    Lawlz @ Samsung. How pathetic!
    They will have to fire the guys that came up with that idea. What a looser. This gives samsung as a whole a bad name.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iphoneu2day View Post
    They will have to fire the guys that came up with that idea. What a looser. This gives samsung as a whole a bad name.
    Wow... Seriously, you guys believes a multinational corporation capability is opening up just 1 store? The capital available for Samsung they can open multiple stores next to Apple, not just 1 store. Hell they can do this to all Apple Store because there is not that many around the world.
    This is just a reseller that got the rights to use Samsung name.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MetallicaFan1991 View Post
    ...don't do it in Australia, you do it in the US or UK where iPhone 4S will sell out within 1 second.
    As it does in Australia.
    Sydney, Australia
    If you received help, click on the Thanks button!

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I would just like to point out to you Phillip that here in Australia we don't have upfront costs for phones! The $2 selling price is for an outright unlocked no contract phone meaning, what about $800 off the retail price? Our phones are either free on contract or a small monthly handset repayment is added to the contract fee if needed.Still though it's a no deal because right opposite that Apple store (Australia's biggest and leading Apple store) Is the head office and main store for Telstra which is Australia leading network and together they are holding a street parade for the release of the 4S that store will be go completely unnoticed.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Tucnepo's Avatar
    Thanks

For a multimillion dollar company as reputable as apple , an significant event like iphone 4s launch would go unnoticed? I dont think so sir

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MetallicaFan1991 View Post
    Only 60 people, that's lame?If they really wanted to "make a tiny" dent in Apple's share:-a)You don't do it in Australia, you do it in the US or UK where iPhone 4S will sell out within 1 second.
    Of course, new Apple devices sell out immediately in Australia as well.

Also, my scientific study of iPhone sales in Australia (by watching what people are using on the train when I go to work :-) seems to indicate that the iPhone 4 has grabbed a 90% share of the handheld computer and mobile phone market in the last year. So if Samsung want to tackle their (lack of) market-share challenge head-on, Australia seems like a good place to start.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucnepo View Post
    For a multimillion dollar company as reputable as apple , an significant event like iphone 4s launch would go unnoticed? I dont think so sir
    I wasn't referring to Apple I was referring to the Samsung store as I did post that 2 major outlets for the iPhone right opposite each other having a parade and everything.

iPhone? More like MyPhone marys25's Avatar
    Thanks

oh I was at this store, when I went on vacation...and holy sh** that was a huge a** store. That Samsung store looks pretty ridiculous next to that Apple store...but I have to say that a $2 phone there is a good buy cause everything there is expensive
    Last edited by marys25; 10-14-2011 at 07:20 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    if it were a re-seller, i don't think they would be giving up phones for free. This smells like a marketing stunt gone wrong. If sammy really wanted to change people's mind then they should have made the galaxy 2 with better materials. Yes the gal 2 is good but it looks cheap. Iphone 4s is not a big improvement over the Iphone 4 but it still has the same good looks.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12