+ Reply
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple's Servers Slammed With Traffic Causing iOS 5 Internal Error While Updating

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Twitter is blowing up with complaints of users not being able to update to iOS 5 because of an "Internal Error." Saurik tweeted: To anyone getting "An internal error occurred."
    MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Apple's Servers Slammed With Traffic Causing iOS 5 Internal Error While Updating

Twitter is blowing up with complaints of users not being able to update to iOS 5 because of an "Internal Error."

Saurik tweeted:

To anyone getting "An internal error occurred." (3200) while installing iOS 5.0, Apple's servers are swamped, and failing half the requests.
    The message appears to be popping up for users when installing iOS 5. We've reached out to Apple and so far they have no comment on the matter, but as Saurik tweeted Apple's servers "are swamped" and many users have remained unsuccessful after multiple tries. However a number of possible solutions appear to have popped up.

Gvcayetano tweeted that he was able to update to iOS 5 after backing up his iPhone, rebooting his Mac, and then trying to restore his iPhone using the iOS 5 package.

Another tweet by StephMurphyy claims to have solved the update problem by unchecking the "Sync Music" option in iTunes.

Other users have had success simply restarting their phones and trying to update again. It appears Apple's servers are taking a beating by the demand. We haven't been able to confirm a solution for users across the board yet, but this does seem to be a wide-spread problem. New angry tweets keep popping up by the second, complaining about iOS 5 update problems. Right now the best advice is to keep trying.

Let us know if you have had any problems updating to iOS 5 and if you have any solutions for users struggling to update.
    Last edited by Phillip Swanson; 10-12-2011 at 01:47 PM.

Thanks
    Either hang fire or download from else where

Thanks
    If u keep trying it will install took me 5 attempts on iPhone 3GS and 4

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I was having issues with error 3200, was on iOS 5 GM jailbroken through redsn0w. Restarted computer, downloaded and installed tinyumbrella and told it to not point to cydia in the advanced tab, restored through itunes with device plugged in and on. Went through.

Thanks

The solution for me and many on some of the forums I frequent is to put your device in Airplane Mode and then restore or update.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    why cant i update from jailbroken ios 5 gm, to public ios5 OTA???

Thanks
    Is any one else getting error when trying over the air update, or is it not up yet I know there's no update yet just wondering?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Brilliant! All the Hype. A massive huge enormous new state of the art server farm. And it all falls over at the first attempt. If they can't cope with the early adopters clamouring for iOS5 how on earth will they cope when everyone turns on their iCloud account?

Apple truly have become the new Microsoft. Or maybe that should be RIM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone bigbaba's Avatar
    Thanks

You could also try plugging the phone in with your LEFT hand lol. That worked for me.I think people's mysterious "solutions" are just anecdotal. It's like trying to access a busy web site. Just try again and again and again until you get it!

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,056 Times in 1,696 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jbrooks424 View Post
    It's the exact same release. I got my 4S this morning and updated my old ip4 for my son and it's the exact same build number in the about section. I used the GM to update the old phone.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jbrooks424 View Post
    Because if you have iOS 5 GM already installed, u already have the public release. It was tweeted that the IPSW released to the public is the same as the GM released last week. As a result u already have the latest iOS build

iPhone? More like MyPhone Italia411's Avatar
    Thanks

I had multiple errors tried everything until I had the connect to iTunes error then I restored and that luckily worked on my iPad.

iPhone? More like MyPhone gcastro723's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigbaba View Post
    You could also try plugging the phone in with your LEFT hand lol. That worked for me.I think people's mysterious "solutions" are just anecdotal. It's like trying to access a busy web site. Just try again and again and again until you get it!

this man is genius! worked on the first try! lol
    If you can see this you are one of the many people who can see this.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Put your iDevice in DFU so it wont backup everytime you hit the restore button, then proceed to spam restore every time its errors to 3200 or what ever error you are getting, took me 9 tries, this includes the restore going through but when the iphone restarts it gives me the error again.

rinse and repeat process some have done it more than 30 times before it worked.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Just like apple to leave its customers high and dry in time of need, you guys need to drop apple and head over to android where the OS is useful and not a closed setup.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Don't know if related, I finally got the update to go through on both occasions that the error 3200 was coming up but now I'm stuck in a reboot loop.

It goes Apple logo -> progress bar for a second -> Spinner for a while -> Reboot back to Apple logo
    RecBoot isn't helping.

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bry2k2 View Post
    Just like apple to leave its customers high and dry in time of need, you guys need to drop apple and head over to android where the OS is useful and not a closed setup.
    LOL!!! You mean Android... where Google releases an update and the ONLY phones eligible that day are Nexus phones by Google. The rest either don't get the update ever or your phone manufacturer has to take the update and integrate it into their propriety UI and you get it MONTHS after testing. Yeah sign me up for that!!
    Last edited by Poseidon79; 10-12-2011 at 02:16 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudane View Post
    Don't know if related, I finally got the update to go through on both occasions that the error 3200 was coming up but now I'm stuck in a reboot loop.

It goes Apple logo -> progress bar for a second -> Spinner for a while -> Reboot back to Apple logo
    RecBoot isn't helping.
    You need to return it into DFU and start the whole process again you will have to do this several times unless you are lucky and get attached to the server

Thanks

I just kept on trying and trying to restore and after about 25 attempts, it worked.

Thanks

I was able to download the update, but then a bar pops up that says "backing up iphone" and it takes literally FOREVER to completely load, its moving sooooo slow that i had to stop it. Does anyone else have this problem????

+ Reply
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast