+ Reply
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple's Servers Slammed With Traffic Causing iOS 5 Internal Error While Updating

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by baskie Brilliant! All the Hype. A massive huge enormous new state of the art server farm. And it all falls over at the first attempt. If they
    Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by baskie View Post
    Brilliant! All the Hype. A massive huge enormous new state of the art server farm. And it all falls over at the first attempt. If they can't cope with the early adopters clamouring for iOS5 how on earth will they cope when everyone turns on their iCloud account?

Apple truly have become the new Microsoft. Or maybe that should be RIM.
    Tell me when the last time MS or RIM's entire user base is downloading a firmware file 600-900MB plus the entire Mac user base downloading OSX 10.7.2 775MB PLUS all the other traffic they're getting from normal use. The answer would be NEVER and if they ever did they would crash rather than just slow down. This amount of server traffic is only something MS could dream of... but no one is out there hitting the download button on hundreds of millions of Windows phones (b/c not that many exist lol) along with hundreds of millions more downloading a new version of Windows.

Go home and study the sheer magnitude of what you're talking about before making any more ridiculous claims.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevensilva15 View Post
    im on my 9th time and still nothing :/
    Try putting phone into restore

Thanks
    Thanked 1,217 Times in 588 Posts

still on b7... doesnt have anything inside OTA either

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    Tell me when the last time MS or RIM's entire user base is downloading a firmware file 600-900MB plus the entire Mac user base downloading OSX 10.7.2 775MB PLUS all the other traffic they're getting from normal use. The answer would be NEVER and if they ever did they would crash rather than just slow down. This amount of server traffic is only something MS could dream of... but no one is out there hitting the download button on hundreds of millions of Windows phones (b/c not that many exist lol) along with hundreds of millions more downloading a new version of Windows.

Go home and study the sheer magnitude of what you're talking about before making any more ridiculous claims
    If Apple really cared about their users,
    they'd implement something like OTA updates so everyone wouldn't be slamming the servers all at once.

oh... wait....

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I can't get past the Find My iPhone screen in the setup. No matter which option I choose, I hit next and it does nothing. Has anyone heard of this problem or have any suggestions??

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I've been trying over and over and over and over, rinse and repeat and I've been trying all suggestions and nothing I do works. I want this updated before I go to the doctor today and it looks like it won't happen.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Go to the Reset menu on your iPhone or iPod and erase all content and settings... That takes away the backup time to 2sec

Thanks

i tried 80 times till now but i cant update, still stuck in restore or dfu mode... again and again... that sucks really.... will try it again, what else could i do.... i hope it will work now, cause right now there is a progress but i will see that i will end up in restore mode again

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mlitz69 View Post
    Try putting phone into restore
    It's says my iPhone isn't eligble for update idk what to do anymore

iPhone? More like MyPhone bigbaba's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post

Go home and study the sheer magnitude of what you're talking about before making any more ridiculous claims.
    RIM's BBM North America servers crashed last night FWIW...

Quote Originally Posted by Stevensilva15 View Post
    It's says my iPhone isn't eligble for update idk what to do anymore
    Open Tiny Umbrella and UNCHECK set host to Cydia.

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Neffs88 View Post
    I was able to download the update, but then a bar pops up that says "backing up iphone" and it takes literally FOREVER to completely load, its moving sooooo slow that i had to stop it. Does anyone else have this problem????
    Unplug it plug it back in and only right click on the device name and select backup

I got the 3002 error 3 times but now it's good

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

Besto solution: Keep trying, it worked for me.

Thanks

Gave up after 20 mins of error 3002.. Washed the dishes and made some tea so not a complete waste if time lol

iPhone? More like MyPhone DaLsim's Avatar
    Thanks

I'll wait a couple days till triffic die down? No need to go head first only to get hammer by apple sever...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

OK guys i found a way listen, ONLY ON A MAC if u are jailbroken and u cant update cuz it says this iphone isnt eligible for update do the following 1. open up finder and hold shift,command, G 2. type in /private/etc/ 3. Go Hosts file,,,,, it must say only hosts nothing else 4. drag that file to destop and open it and at the bottom where it has a number and it says gs.appl.comput in a number sign in front of it save it and drag it back into the folder in finder overwrite it and your done any question ? ask

Thanks
    3200 ERROR! If your using Mcafee goto your firewall settings find iTunes and DELETE it. Then ADD it back in and ALLOW full access. Worked for me

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 4,203 Posts

3200 error code. You gittin that cause everyone is trying to update all at once and it's causing errors on the other end keep trying.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I guess im lucky, did at the first try, no errors or anything, it took longer to download the firmware than the actual update process.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm on Win7 64bit with iTunes 10.5 and an iPhone 4 and I'm getting error 3194. Anyone know why this my be or any ideas on how to overcome it please?

Thanks

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by baskie View Post
    Brilliant! All the Hype. A massive huge enormous new state of the art server farm. And it all falls over at the first attempt. If they can't cope with the early adopters clamouring for iOS5 how on earth will they cope when everyone turns on their iCloud account?

Apple truly have become the new Microsoft. Or maybe that should be RIM.
    I wouldn't worry about icloud.

Apple's iCloud service runs on Amazon's elastic cloud and Microsoft Azure, according to a report by The Register.
    Rumors that Apple was using the two platforms to host iCloud started circulating in June, after the company released the first details about the service. Sources close to the deal have now confirmed the rumors, but said neither Amazon nor Microsoft are allowed to talk about it, according to The Register.

Report: Apple's iCloud relies on Amazon, Microsoft cloud services