+ Reply
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreak iOS 5 Public Release with Redsn0w or Sn0wbreeze

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by NakedFaerie I'm betting with all the problems I've been having there will be a 5.01 release soon. Instead of just getting a notification I now get apps
    My iPhone is a Part of Me PoEtikly's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    I'm betting with all the problems I've been having there will be a 5.01 release soon.
    Instead of just getting a notification I now get apps opening. The only way I found to get around this is to turn off all notifications to "View in Lock Screen" but when you unlock your device you get heaps of notifications all at once.

There is no way to stop an alert (clock alarm) from the lock screen. There is only snooze unless you unlock the device (swipe to unlock)

iBooks doesn't work after jailbreaking or restoring. I'm not sure which it is but iBooks no longer works. Use Kobo instead as its better anyway.

You can backup to the iCloud but there is no way to restore unless you restore your iDevice. iTunes lets you restore anytime you want.

iCloud has totally stuffed my address book. There are now double and triple contacts even when I choose "From my PC" but the PC doesn't have double or triple adresses.

There are more but thats all I can think of atm. With all the problems I've been having I'm not suprised so many people are downgrading back to 4.3.3 as its so much more stable and it works a lot better.
    I will be restoring once more and if iBooks and a few other problems arn't fixed it's back to 4.3.3 for me until 5.01 is released.
    Your iBooks will NOT work with a JB. on 4.x they came out with the iBook Fix that you install out of cydia. I'm not sure if it'll work on 5.0 but you can try. After I installed it on 4.2.1 and then 4.3.3 it worked perfect. You should try it on 5.0 and start a new thread and repost here if the "iBooks Fix" install works on 5.0

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PoEtikly View Post
    Your iBooks will NOT work with a JB. on 4.x they came out with the iBook Fix that you install out of cydia. I'm not sure if it'll work on 5.0 but you can try. After I installed it on 4.2.1 and then 4.3.3 it worked perfect. You should try it on 5.0 and start a new thread and repost here if the "iBooks Fix" install works on 5.0
    iBooks worked on both iPad and iPhone 4 in 4.3.3 and that was jailbreaked.

There is no iBooks Fix in cydia. Whats the repo for it?

Banned
    Thanks

I tried HunnyPot and that has just killed Cydia.
    Looks like a restore to 4.3.3 is coming for my iPhone.

IOS5.0 may look nice but its got so many problems its not worth upgrading to.

I just found another problem thats just started today. It mutes itself.
    I've unlocked the iphone4 3 times now and its been muted each time.
    I never use mute on the iPhone as I want to hear when it rings.
    I've actually missed 2 calls today because it was muted by itself.
    Last edited by NakedFaerie; 10-14-2011 at 01:19 AM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I won't buy a 4S or upgrade to iOS5 until there is a untethered jailbreak. LOL, that is the truth. Maybe apple should stop playing cat and mouse.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bchilton9 View Post
    It is not possible to jailbreak the iPad 2 on iOS 5 at this time
    and then this its always been my Q? why cant the ipad2 be JB? cause of the A5 chip? or what ? after all the new iphone 4s its gonna have the same chip, its actually the same thing as an ipad 2 in a phone.

so since the ipad as far as i know only been able to be JB once since it came it out and i dunno if it can be done under IOS 5 is that the same way for the iphone 4s? i mean if that its true then JB community its dead on its track, since it seems majority of iphone users its upgrading or planing to upgrade to the 4S

Thanks
    Thanked 15,169 Times in 6,967 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mori View Post
    and then this its always been my Q? why cant the ipad2 be JB? cause of the A5 chip? or what ? after all the new iphone 4s its gonna have the same chip, its actually the same thing as an ipad 2 in a phone.

so since the ipad as far as i know only been able to be JB once since it came it out and i dunno if it can be done under IOS 5 is that the same way for the iphone 4s? i mean if that its true then JB community its dead on its track, since it seems majority of iphone users its upgrading or planing to upgrade to the 4S
    The 4S will indeed not be able to be jailbroken in the same way that the iPad 2 cannot be (no bootrom exploit). The untethered jailbreak chronic dev is working on now should work on all the devices.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ok i have a question. If I do this tethered jailbreak now and the unthethered one comes out later, would i be able to re-jailbreak with the untethered version without losing all the jailbroken stuff i downloaded already?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

im having trouble with the the jb it rebooted and everything but cydia wont open on me and the app is white out . im running ios5 on a 4th gen ipod touch. any suggestions please

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    I tried HunnyPot and that has just killed Cydia.
    Looks like a restore to 4.3.3 is coming for my iPhone.

IOS5.0 may look nice but its got so many problems its not worth upgrading to.

I just found another problem thats just started today. It mutes itself.
    I've unlocked the iphone4 3 times now and its been muted each time.
    I never use mute on the iPhone as I want to hear when it rings.
    I've actually missed 2 calls today because it was muted by itself.
    Sorry, I'm afraid I posted some really poor advice earlier.

hunnypot.dylib , ibooksfix, no longer work on current FW. DONT USE IT.
    It was written to solve a different problem but its NEVER helped for the iBooks crash issue.
    The repo hosting ibooksfix is a [creepy-crawly/malware] site, DONT USE IT

I didn't realize that at the time. I'll have to be more careful

iPhone? More like MyPhone Wongster360's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wipesmine View Post
    im having trouble with the the jb it rebooted and everything but cydia wont open on me and the app is white out . im running ios5 on a 4th gen ipod touch. any suggestions please
    Go back to redsn0w and click the just boot icon, once your phone reboots all will be good

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

What do I do when I have a iPhone 4s and a jailbroken iPhone 4 at home. Can I get my 4s loaded up through iTunes with current firmware and go back and use my i4 for the time being till a JB is available or is it ok to just leave it in the box and not do anything till a JB is out. Not sure how this works with having the current firmware saved on the 4s. Oh and does it need to be backed up on tiny umbrella? Thanks.

Thanks

How to I preserve my baseband on windows? Basically I want to be able to downgrade back to 4.3.3 if anything goes wrong...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Does anyone know when will there be a jailbreak for 5.1 on iPhone 4S and iPad 3?
    Thanks

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,064 Times in 4,206 Posts

No idea just have to keep up with the news here. Or the devs on twitter

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jmona View Post
    Does anyone know when will there be a jailbreak for 5.1 on iPhone 4S and iPad 3?
    Thanks
    They already have one coming, they just have to get it ready and stuff.
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wongster360 View Post
    Go back to redsn0w and click the just boot icon, once your phone reboots all will be good
    OMGAUD!!! I have a major problem! I had to get a new I phone and I went into the apple store to transfer the info ( my computer crashed that day), I have an I phone (4) firmware3.0 and it wasn't updated yet . The lady updated it to 5.1 and I'm like lady wtf? I was about to j/b my shyt that day. So can I fix this? I do still have my old phone but it's cleaned out, if I use the old phone will it automatically update to 5.1?

Thanks

Ya can't jailbreak or downgrade on 5.1, sorry. The only way ya could get back down there would be if ya had SHSH blobs saved from your previous firmware. And your old iPhone will not update unless you want to update it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by X H4CK3R X View Post
    They already have one coming, they just have to get it ready and stuff.
    Thanx, and I ( it's obvious) am pretty "green" right now learning a lot, this is my first apple product so I really appreciate the support from everyone on this thread I'm just really pissed this lady hit that update button on me , I'm like in slow motion"Noooooooooooooo!!!" so now I prob like the rest of us Lil seeds(get it?)are now waiting on the dev team for the latest j/b damn.. So when u think?

Thanks

According to them, it seems like it should be within the next few weeks. Hopefully sooner though. They've already announced an exploit where you can downgrade on A5 devices.

+ Reply
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456