+ Reply
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreak iOS 5 Public Release with Redsn0w or Sn0wbreeze

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
okay, so if i do a tethered jailbreak and idk lets say my phone dies out in public... will it reboot like factory or will it not boot at all?
    okay, so if i do a tethered jailbreak and idk lets say my phone dies out in public... will it reboot like factory or will it not boot at all? Becuase if it will boot up unjailbroken im all good and can reboot it when i get home, but if it wont boot at all Im not so sure i can deal with that...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have an iPhone 4 (4.3.3) factory unlocked already jailbreaked untethered. If I update the firmware from iTunes, will I lose the jailbreak? Thanks

Default Really???
    Quote Originally Posted by edgranados View Post
    I have an iPhone 4 (4.3.3) factory unlocked already jailbreaked untethered. If I update the firmware from iTunes, will I lose the jailbreak? Thanks
    I mean i know im not the smartest but really.... DUH

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    I mean i know im not the smartest but really.... DUH
    My apologies but I couldn't see my original post. My question is not if I lose the unlock, I want to understand if the jailbreak will be removed if I update the firmware

Thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have an iphone 4, never updated it, well im on 4.0.1 baseband 1.59.00I want to update to 5.0 but im afraid, I reply on unlock so i know i need to keep my basebandi know the process of Sn0wbreeze but last time i did a custom firmware on 3gs baseband 6.15. the phone got stuck in DFU and was bricked for like ever!So im a little afraid to do it with my iphone 4. i just want to update preserving my baseband! but i dont want a bricked device.

Thanks

My apologies but I couldn't see my original post. My question is not if I lose the unlock, I want to understand if the jailbreak will be removed if I update the firmware

Thanks
    Yes you always have to re-jailbreak any new firmware installed on the phone.

My question is, is there ANY way to preserve my 5.13.04 BB on my 3GS while upgrading to iOS 5, but WITHOUT jailbreaking? Or does preserving the baseband require a jailbreak?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    this is very exicting news

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quick questions. Currently have a Verizon iPhone 4 jailbroken running 4.2.8. If I upgrade to 5.0 and do the tethered jailbreak with redsn0w will I have any problems downgrading back to 4.2.8 if need be? Thanks!

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Up and running ios 5 with tethered jailbreak. Still limited to a small number of tweaks until more are compatible. was wandering if anyone is getting their notifications to show up on the lockscreen? Mine are only showing up on the notification center even though I have it set up to show on both.

Thanks

Question. If I have an iPhone 4 4.3.3 factory unlocked already jailbreaked untethered. If I update from iTunes the firmware, will I lose the jailbreak? Thanks
    YES YOU WILL, DO NOT UPDATE!!!!

You will remain unlocked, but you will lose the jailbreak, and the only other option at this time would be to do a thethered jb with means if you have to reboot for whatever reason, you'll need to re-jailbreak every time!

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickGSR94 View Post
    Yes you always have to re-jailbreak any new firmware installed on the phone.

My question is, is there ANY way to preserve my 5.13.04 BB on my 3GS while upgrading to iOS 5, but WITHOUT jailbreaking? Or does preserving the baseband require a jailbreak?
    Preserving the bb requires jail breaking, as you need a custom package to do so. Only possible with snowbreeze at the moment.
    Last edited by droop4; 10-12-2011 at 03:12 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Joshua, could you cut back on the italics and underlining?

It's jarring when reading....

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

waiting for untethered

Thanks
    wow, for a second I got really excited that I'd be able to JB my ipad2...Hopefully it will be solved very soon

zma
    Thanks

Hi I have iphone 4 4.3.5 unlocked and jailbreak but I can not upgrade to IOS 5 error with Itune any help plz I am stucked
    Last edited by zma; 10-12-2011 at 04:28 PM.
    ʎɐʍ ʇɐႡʇ әɟ!Ⴈ ʎɯ әʞɐɯ әuoႡd! ʎɯ

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I'll update to iOS 5 when more jailbreak tweaks are supported. Which should be soon hopefully.

Thanks

I'd like to know if we can downgrade with TinyUmbrella from 5.0 to 4.3.3 if we have our SHSH saved. I'm not worried about not being able to downgrade the baseband as I'm with AT&T and don't plan on leaving them. I'm willing to try out iOS 5 with a tethered jailbreak as long as I can downgrade if I wanted to.

Thanks
    Thanked 14,165 Times in 6,639 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NSXrebel View Post
    I'd like to know if we can downgrade with TinyUmbrella from 5.0 to 4.3.3 if we have our SHSH saved. I'm not worried about not being able to downgrade the baseband as I'm with AT&T and don't plan on leaving them. I'm willing to try out iOS 5 with a tethered jailbreak as long as I can downgrade if I wanted to.
    Yes, as long as you have your SHSH you can downgrade.

Thanks

so even though the firmware publicly released is the same size and file name as the previously seeded one a week ago(9A334_Restore.ipsw), is there actually anything different between the two?

Thanks
    No jailbreak for the iPad 2 on iOS 5...What the frick?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Yes, as long as you have your SHSH you can downgrade.

Sweet, gonna try out iOS 5 now then!